Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
wooh nine hours into the new year and its already in the shitter....who is going to make the gently caress 2015 Gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

If we get a fuck2015.gif, this thread will turn into "find reasons to post the gif" like the last one.

Everyone's got problems but collectively wallowing in it for another month won't be healthy.

your right. I hadn't had my coffee and was extra butthurt but as the day progresses and the coffee and :420: kick in things aren't as bad. I do have a puppy with stubby legs and brindle coloring.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

SUCK MY DICK

SUCK MY DIIIIIIICK

I'M A FOOOOORD

SUCK MY DIIIICK

So far, no more lean code!

I use a cloud backup for this purpose. Worth the $10/year for many, many gigs of space to completely back up my mobile devices.

Its cute that you think this was a challenge....do it on the OHV motor where you need an inverted torx socket. then you need a crowsfoot socket, a shitload of beer, hopes that the egr tube isn't hosed six ways to sunday, and finally all the right extensions to torque down nuts while holding the bolt they go on with the torx socket.....basically you need lots of prayer beer and other ways to not want to jump off a tall cliff.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Oh, it wasn't hard. Just annoying to have to do.

yeah i have done a bunch of both kinds. and I will gladly do the SOHC any day. but you also live somewhere that rust isn't super present. also if you ever get asked to do a OHC punch that person in the reproductive organ. the last one I did had the fuel pressure regulator rust into pieces. Turns out all the part stores local don't cary it. Rock auto just laughed in my face. Went to four junkyards. last one had one car with it. As im walking out the dude who was working the door walks up and tells me "put that in your pocket". I still give that guy all my junkyard business to this day.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

kastein posted:

Alright, I posted this on the facebook group too but I'm not sure everyone's on there.

Who is along this route?

I76 eastbound from Lakewood to I80, I80 eastbound to Chicago, I90 eastbound to Massachusetts.

If you're along that route, possible mobile goonmeet roadtrip in the coming month or two.

I live fifteen minutes out of Chicago. Also know some pretty good junkyards depending on how long your staying.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

rscott posted:

punk rock was also invented by 3 black dudes from detroit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9obRQDQsEI

I don't drink much anymore but I spent $3700 on :350: last year, sometimes budget tracking can be depressing

I had never heard this band before. Thank you, defenitley something that was missing in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

some texas redneck posted:

Only leak I know of at the moment is the valve cover, where it goes over the cam bearing caps at the back (transaxle side) of the engine.

I go way too many miles between oil changes (7k+, 11k on one oil change), and it's never lost more than half a quart. New gasket set is about $25, I just keep putting it off until it gets to where it's more than a slight damp spot on the valve cover.

They are also notorious for leaking at the axle seals. Mostly the inner one behind the engine. But saturns have always leaked from valve covers....ALWAYS!!!

• Locked thread