Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
The car in BTTF2 was actually a E24 6 series, not a E30.

Edit: more: http://jalopnik.com/5067674/man-restores-griff-tannens-hover-bmw-from-back-to-the-future-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm trying to learn Adobe Illustrator for a job and ugggggggggggggh it is taking me forever. A friend of mine who's a graphic designer says that a graphic design degree is basically learning to use this poo poo, nothing else.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

I used to be an Adobe certified instructor in that and Photoshop. I can pretty much answer any questions you have about it if you wanna hit me up.

I did our wedding invites in Illustrator :shobon:

Awesome, I might just take you up on that. We still need to Horse Brass, anyways.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I regularly used Android, Winphone and iOS in the past year.

I really like the flexibility of Android but the pre-lollipop UI sucked, and all non-Nexus/Google/Silver distros of the OS suck balls with the bloatware that manufacturers shove in. Now that Nexus phones are priced so high, it's kind of dead to me.

Winphone was my favorite overall experience when it came to the OS itself. The ecosystem has no offerings for apps, but the interface is really thoughtful and well done. The text prediction and keyboard head and shoulders above the other two. Bing search and Bing maps really limit the experience. Nokia's hardware was really solid - durable, good camera, good battery.

iOS is meh. No control, you have to tap so many extra buttons and stuff to accomplish the same things you would quickly in Android or Winphone. I bought a iPhone 6 so I'd have something to develop for iOS 8 with. The stock keyboard sucks, but I guess you can replace them now.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I bought this at a used bookstore on a whim expecting it to be funny-terrible

but it's just terrible :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009

I went for a poop but I am still standing here, perplexed.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

He sent me a PM several days ago stating he was leaving..

drat, I just saw a Turbo X Wagon while filling up at Costco and got really excited and now I have nobody to share it with.

I tried to get the 60ish year old lady driver to roll down her window so I could tell her how cool her car was but she just stared at me with a very confused expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Black88GTA posted:

I actually saw a 9-7x in a fast food line at a wendys today. I felt this thread would appreciate.

I am nowhere near the route however - I'm way out in Long Island, which is terrible for car people, and super far from ken's route. I need to make it out to another NEAI soon

I was surprised to see one the other day, too - they don't look very good without the huge Aero wheels, though.

Not a week goes by that I don't wonder if I should have bought Tremec's Aero, but I don't have a kid and dog and all that stuff yet, and who knows when gas prices will go back up.

It still would've been hilarious to have the it next to the 92x in the driveway.

• Locked thread