Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Fucknag posted:

2014 ripped rear end

2015 is going to suck also

im at least 2 years from having the job that will pay me enough to live the life i want

maybe if i drink enough ill finally black out for once (ive never managed it yet thanks to my fat)

Jesus Christ man, you continue to suck in both threads. :v:

Seriously though blackout drinking sucks. One moment you're having fun on the receiving end of a beer bong, the next you're waking up in your underwear in a bathtub and it's the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

cursedshitbox posted:

My worst was drinking a 5th of jager on loving new years.
puked ALL OVER THE loving BATHROOM. (it was also carpeted)

quote:

loving BATHROOM

quote:

carpeted

quote:

carpeted bathroom

Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Last time I blacked out i woke up face down in the middle of a strangers livingroom with half my name staple gunned into my rear end.

You have terrible friends.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

HotCanadianChick posted:

All three of the large indoor malls in my city (and about half of the strip malls) have a shoe repair place in them, they shouldn't be that hard to find. :confused:

A quick google search for "Portland Shoe Repair" got me a half dozen places right at the top of the page:
https://www.google.com/maps/search/shoe+repair+portland/@45.5424364,-122.654422,11z/data=!3m1!4b1

Surely there has to be at least a few shoe repair places near you?

Last I time I went looking for local shoe repair I only found delicious alcohol. :v:
Hanson's Shoe Repair A really cool local speakeasy bar. Kinda pricey but had good drinks.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Went to Cracker Barrel for dinner for the first time in a long time tonight cause I got a giftcard. The lady at the table next to us put mustard on her fries. MUSTARD :stonk:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Geirskogul posted:

Mustard is amazing suck a mustard covered dick.

Is that an invitation? :heysexy:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Two raccoons apparently fell through the screen over my pool. They're having way more fun in that thing then I ever have. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So I was briefly interested in trying to switch over to the digital climate controls in my Explorer. About 20 minutes of searching and reading killed that idea pretty fast.
Just can't make anything easy now can you Ford?

You'd think It'd be like, change bezel, swap some wires, add sensors, possibly change the Evap box and you'd be golden.
But no, apperently everything is routed through the climate controls and requires a full wiring harness swap, PCM reprogramming, and even then it's a crapshoot if it'll work properly.

Still though, it'd be nice. Oh well. Guess I could upgrade to that sweet 6 CD radio. :v:

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 13, 2015

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Alright, so this week has been super awesome so far.

Not only did I finish my Tech school HVAC/R course, I graduated from it top of my class. It's loving party time. :pcgaming:
Not only that, but my Uncle said he's calling some people from his old job at Lockheed-Martin and might be able to get me in there. Otherwise I've had some good leads too.t
I'd be happier if I had a job, but just finishing school already makes this years 10x better than last year.

Plus I get 24 college credits from finishing this course, so I'm talking with a guy at Valencia next week to get that all squared away.

:2015isawesome.gif

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Got a bonus yesterday from 2014 being an excellent year at work. Celebrated by eating a whole rack of ribs, going to buy some new jeans today, and will be funding/starting my Roth IRA :iia:

Congrats! I've been looking into starting a Roth IRA for a few weeks now. If I can get a halfway decent paying job in my new trade that's the first thing I've doing, is opening up a retirement account.
Second Item, a new car. :v:

Also, I forgot how much fun job searching is. Especially when you have no real history with working with HVAC or Refrigeration stuff. My instructor's been a little less helpful than I assumed he would be in finding job placement. Oh well, something''s gotta come up eventually. Anything better than what I have, 12 hours a week in foodservice. Although, if nothing comes up it means more time to focus on college, so I guess it all works out.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Holdbrooks posted:

Everybody in AI getting new jobs it seems. I am just waiting for my customary interview now.

I wish I could get a new job. :/ Just finished at Trade school and heading into college, and the Tech center has been pretty much useless compared to what they said they'd do.

Enrollment: "Oh sure, we'll get you placement right out of school! We work with contractors in the industry!"
Teacher: "Well you can apply here, here and I found this place..."
Me:"Ok, who specifically should I email, who's your contact and are you going to recommend me?
Teacher: "...."

Oh well, least I have college to look forwards to again.

E. Sent a request, my feed needs Orange in it.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

:woop: I GOT MY COMPLETION CERTIFICATE TODAY :woop:

So, from going to the Tech school program I completed (HVAC/R), I effectively get half of a college degree for attending, on top of my completion certificate there.
I get 24 credits to Industrial Management Technology, and I already have credits from a previous college stint so I have almost over half the credits I need for that degree.

So so how good/terrible of an idea would it be to get another degree after I finish that? I've been toying with the idea of something like Mechanical Engineering. I've got a few friends doing that, it seems like something I'd enjoy and I've heard that hands on experience is a great help in the job hunt department. Plus my dad is an Electrical Engineer, and he's always made engineering sound like a fun field.
I know the market for the field is kinda saturated, but I'd think having my Certificate + the A.S. Degree would help.

VVV It'd be through Financial Aid + Parent's Money VVV

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 31, 2015

• Locked thread