Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
2015 will be a wonderful year. Just remember,

IOwnCalculus posted:

BTTFII lied, people died.

We all cried, when Aerith died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nothing for me, still just lovely cold rain. Still, not nearly as bad as where I moved from, but still a change. I live central-central Phoenix (around Thomas and Central)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you could compress the holocaust into one day, it would still be better than some parts of 2014.

Guidelines for having a good 2015:
1. Be 2015
2. Don't be 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

SouthsideSaint posted:

wooh nine hours into the new year and its already in the shitter....who is going to make the gently caress 2015 Gif

Here's my collection, but I think 2015 can be better

http://imgur.com/a/JEM5V

Pham Nuwen posted:

If we get a fuck2015.gif, this thread will turn into "find reasons to post the gif" like the last one.

Everyone's got problems but collectively wallowing in it for another month won't be healthy.

Exactly. It's a new year!

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 1, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Except for Bum the Sad. Everyone ignore that guy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

Went to Cracker Barrel for dinner for the first time in a long time tonight cause I got a giftcard. The lady at the table next to us put mustard on her fries. MUSTARD :stonk:

Mustard is amazing suck a mustard covered dick.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

So does anyone here know how to make a non-HDCP compliant tv compliant? I just got a giant old 50" Nakamichi plasma for free and of course it's non compliant so the DVI input isn't working with the cable box or PS3.

An hdmi splitter, or one of those rca audio extractors, in line.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mariooncrack posted:

Going to repost this again in case someone missed it.

I've got two oneplus one invites that expire in two days if anyone wants them.

Invites to buy a phone is ridiculous.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Last year I found a thrustmaster HOTAS cougar setup at goodwill for 8.99. Fixed the fire button, listed on eBay for $500, and it sold within hours.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

Rode the scooter to work in shorts and a t shirt today :dance:

ATGATT amirite? :cool:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

fjelltorsk posted:

Trønderpakk!

just keep them away from your females, small livestock and high proof alcohol and you will be fine
It's a goonmeet - there won't be females. The other two, though, are required.

Cakefool posted:

I am watching battleship and it is loving awesome:iia:

I don't care how bad my taste in films is.

My favorite bad movie. First thing I watched out of BCT and AIT (BCT 12 weeks, AIT 44 weeks, weren't allowed any media during either). I may be biased. It's so bad.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Sorry, I haven't kept up on these threads because I've been very busy. I need your guy's help though.

I don't use eBay much; this is the first time I've ever had a problem.

"Am sorry i checking before i send you mirror its very good condition maybe when you installed damage the mirror sorry not returns accepted sorry for inconvenience"

The only protection was those two sheets of newspaper you can kinda see.

What's the best way to get my money back?

edit: Doesn't help that USPS randomly sent it to Florida, when it was coming from San Diego and going to Seattle :P

Just file a claim with ebay/paypal. Two weeks and you'll have your money back.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Try going through http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

USPS is a nightmare for claims, every time I've tried. The "request a return" area opens up a case with the seller now, it seems. You have to choose "it arrived damaged" as the reason.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Episode 3 :smith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
About 30 minutes ago.

("Lake Osborn")

quote:

ghNKFuK.jpg

Fuk is right. Fuking copper thieves.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

What the hell was that before being chopped?

The hispanic guys that showed up as I was calling Phoenix Water (our tuesday landscapers) called it a backflow. And then they got angry at the plumber that installed it for not painting it white to deter thieves. I guess that's a thing? I mean, it makes sense, but I've never dealt with it before when I was in Idaho.

Probably this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backflow_prevention_device

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The worst thing is we have no water and I took magnesium citrate last night. gently caress.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Also a hospital in Virginia had shooting. Gunman and a supervisor dead. Not as crazy as France, but still happened.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
All we are specifically trained on is weird, difficult to cut models, like any new Subaru, and ones with specific hazards.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's like candy but not candy sweet.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I ran an intel 3.4 Ghz ES (engineering sample) P4 for something like 6 years. I wonder how much electricity I wasted.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

:colbert: I have to shave because I'm Air National Guard.

Air Guard is like ROTC. You don't go telling people you're in the Air Guard.

(I'm Army Guard, same poo poo different filth)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Picture-heavy post (for me) coming up:

Decided to drag the Enfield out after six or eight or whatever months of not riding it.

First order, new tires. The front is from 2007 and the rear is 2010 or 2011. Rear is still good, but Kenda K671s are like $50 apiece so I bought two

Old and busted vs new hotness:

Old vs new rear. About 2-3k on the old rear, with 15-25 horsepower. Not a lot of stress on that driving wheel :haw:

Old front's date code:

I was riding on this for years

:catstare: :jebstare: :stare:

Unfortunately, after a whole two loving hours of work, it turns out I punctured the innertube, and I can't inflate it. gently caress it, on payday, I'm bringing both new tires and the wheels to a shop to have them do the tube replacements and mounts. I can't handle any more levering, and I'm willing to pay :tenbux: :tenbux: for two date code 2414 tires.

Funny license plate I saw on the way to get new innertubes.

BONUS I 3D printed some visor clips for the Beetle. The old ones are impossible to find, and I could make these in glow-in-the-dark plastic (the only "white" filament I have on hand." Seriously looks so much better.

(this one has some of the raft I later removed still stuck to it)

EDIT: looks like I put the rear on in 2011 (link to imgur album of me installing it).

Reminder: this is what it looked like in 2011. So glad I repainted it and pulled the other poo poo off:

And this is what happened to the paint in just over a year in Phoenix.

(don't have a full shot, but it was so chalky even a wax just "soaked in")

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 15, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought most people stopped that poo poo?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

krampster2 posted:

Yes I did, didn't even read that long rear end post

You must be new here. Don't be racist, either.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mafoose posted:

LOL pot calling the kettle black

Hey, I can dream. Unless you're calling me racist, in which case I dunno. Didn't mean to come across as a dick. Well, more than usual. The new comment was in regards to STR-length posts, and their regularity thereof :v:

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 19, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Welp, somebody broke into my car. What did they steal? No, not the stereo. No, not the seven 4-quart jugs of oil. No, not the subwoofer. They rifled through everything and stole a spiral notebook folder that had my resume and my passport in it.

Yeah, my fault for leaving my passport in my car. To be honest, I shoved it into the notebook and shoved that under the seat weeks ago after a job interview.

How difficult is it to replace a side window in an old volkswagen?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Completely covered with garbage. I did a job interview a month or so ago and forgot about it. I threw it in the pages of an old notebook and tossed it under the seat underneath the fire extinguisher I think after going to my other job right after the interview, which was in a locked parking lot. Then I forgot about it :v: Nothing else was touched, and only some quarts of oil and the subwoofer were visible.

Broke the rear window, opened the driver's door, and rifled through stuff. Ignored the motorcycle tire on the passenger seat :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
God I'm going to be pulling glass out of the seats for years!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Easiest window to replace ever. You can probably even reuse the window rubber. Get a new window, wrap a long piece of strong twine into the window channel, put it around the window, get the assembly in place from the outside and slowly pull the twine inside, which will pull the sealing flap of rubber back inside with it, boom, done.

I just purchased some popout windows off of ebay, along with some pinchwelt. Guess I always have to do things the difficult way.

In the meantime:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Motronic posted:

That SUCKS. Sorry to see it.

But just order some 550 "paracord" and window glass.

Then all you need is dish soap and maybe someone else to help you hold the window in.

You put the old window gasket on the new window then wrap the paracord around it. Lube the inside of the gasket with straight dish soap. Place the largest side (the bottom) on the ledge in position and then use the cord to pull the inside half of the gasket in as someone else holds the window up/to the car. Make sure the "other end" is inside the car so it doesn't slip. Just tie it off to the seat or something.

Sometimes you get ahead of the cord and need a bit of help.......try not to use a flat head screwdriver for this. Use a plastic tool or start over.

Once you've done this a couple of times it's easy.

This sounds really easy, but I looked at the silver lining of today's situation, and did this:

and, because my steering has gotten a little loosey-goosey, but the tie rods are good and the tires stay aligned, I also did this:

Not pictured: some black pinchwelt I also purchased.

Am I going to hate myself more? There are surprisingly few videos online about popout window installation.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Anybody have the link to the Snapchatte thread?

Here you go.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

dubzee posted:

Have you reported it stolen yet? This is real important.

The fact that your resume was went with it is double plus bad. All that personal info + passport is a bad guy's wet dream.

My friend had his passport stolen and didn't do anything about it, when he tried to get a replacement a few months later he was detained and had to talk to several un-fun people in suits.

I tried, earlier today, and they're closed for the holiday :suicide:

I have an alarm to do it tomorrow.

Really surprised the windshield is only a little cracked :stonk:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay...

No real damage, and the gate is still locked, but it was up on some jackstands and the jackstands are gone. I'm going to sit in the back patio with my pistol tonight, gently caress jesus I'm not going to file this one online

E: on the center stand with jackstands under the front and rear on 2x4s to keep it from tipping fore/aft. No way it tipped over by itself. I've only been gone for an hour!

E2: the wheels I took off a few days ago, they're at the shop getting tires mounted tomorrow.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mafoose posted:

You don't want it. Parts are pretty expensive, they drive pretty bad stock, carbs suck, and they don't have a torque converter, instead they have a fluid coupler that likes to blow up.

Which is why you put a detuned small block in it with a generic automatic transmission, and enjoy semi reliability and a better experience than stock. Make it super quiet.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Today has been so lovely (window, motorcycle, another thing I won't post about online), it's time for some smirnoff and a Tinkerbell movie. That's right, this completely heterosexual, 68W, EMT, VW-loving (well, that last one...) dude comforts himself with pizza, booze marketed towards 16 year old girls, and motherfucking pirate fairies.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nah man I took a drink every time they mentioned blue pixie dust.

I'm still drunk.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
He needs tp for his bunghole.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
PAGING VIGGEN

ATTENTION

VIGGEN TO THE BLUE AND CURSIVE COURTESY PHONE

YOU HAVE A MESSAGE WAITING

IT IS IN REGARDS TO

West SAAB Story posted:

Sounds good. I have the '96 4.0 pushrod. :downs:

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

PAGING VIGGEN

ATTENTION

VIGGEN TO THE BLUE AND CURSIVE COURTESY PHONE

YOU HAVE A MESSAGE WAITING

IT IS IN REGARDS TO

West SAAB Story posted:

Sounds good. I have the '96 4.0 pushrod. :downs:

SUCK MY DICK

SUCK MY DIIIIIIICK

I'M A FOOOOORD

SUCK MY DIIIICK

So far, no more lean code!

MrChips posted:

GODDAMMIT I just bought a Nexus 6 (which is awesome), but when I wiped my old phone, I forgot to transfer over my aCar records, and like a moron I didn't back them up either. loving gently caress gently caress

I use a cloud backup for this purpose. Worth the $10/year for many, many gigs of space to completely back up my mobile devices.

• Locked thread