Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years! I'm at work watching The Walking Dead! I am a terrible person!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

They're calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight. Please please let this happen.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

No snow yet..bastards got my hopes up this morning, then leave me blue balled tonight..argh!

This morning my youngest cat Jack was missing. She always greets me when I come home, so when she wasn't waiting by the door and blasting up the hallway to the bedroom in front of me, something felt off.

I looked before trying to sleep and never found her. I got up to pee around noon or so and looked again, called for her, etc. The other cats acted like nothing was amiss, but I was seriously freaking. Tore apart the living room, cushions off all the couches, lifted them to make sure she wasn't inside them like she used to do when she was a baby and skinny.

No good.

I called my wife at work and told her and she left work two hours early to help me look.

Her (mine too I guess) nieces were staying the night with us and I was worried they could have accidentally let her out or she got stuck somewhere, somehow, trying to hide from them.

Go outside and walk around calling for her, look under the shed, etc, under the house in case she found a hole somewhere and crawled down and got stuck.

Nothing.

Wife gets home, we go through the couches again, my lounger, the spare bedroom, kitchen cabinets, fridge, freezer, microwave, TOASTER OVEN...

Nothing. No little meows and the other cats are just like, what the gently caress.

Wife goes back and checks our closer again and finds her on top of a suitcase. She bolted into the living room and behind the end table.

I pet her and picked her up and carried her into the bedroom.

That little bitch!

Made me look stupid and completely incompetent..but I was so scared she got out or had..died..somewhere in the house..

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Time to update my resume. Goddammit.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Sorry to hear about another fallen AI pette, CT..I have a 10 year old white and black cat who is flat out insane..the thought of losing her makes me sick to my stomach. Best wishes..

Also sorry to hear about the cancer spreading torsk..I can't imagine what that's like to deal with..no words that feel uncliche, just glad you're still fighting hard.

Totally feel it on the workplace going to poo poo. We have such high turnover here already that we are always short staffed if even one person calls in at a site.

Now, because my program isn't getting enough money, they've changed it to a more "community based" approach, which for some reason means that those of us who work overnights are going to be required to work 12 hour shifts and every other weekend.

I was looking for an excuse to get out of this chickenshit outfit and this looks like as good a reason as any.

It's definitely been an education in government funding fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

What Ral said. If I weren't medicated I wouldn't have enough "give a poo poo" to get out of bed. Even if meds aren't the answer, finding someone to talk to and vent at is always good.

That's why I like it here. Seems like everybody at some point has gone E/N in here and it seems most AI goons are understanding.

My problems are mostly work related and honestly, I work this job because it allows me more free time and a less physically strenuous environment than I'd have if I worked in a manufacturing or something similar. They're trying to take the easiness away from me personally..I can't imagine what it's like to my coworkers who have children or who are going to school.

Meh..I'll shut up..just..honestly feel like I'm lost..kinda scared of being unemployed.

• Locked thread