Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

It's not like the PSU is pulling 100% power 24/7, it only pulls as much power as it needs. And the wattage is on the output side, on all 3 rails combined (3.3, 5, 12, with the majority on the 12V rail on modern units). The efficiency varies depending upon the PSU design, and also on how much of a load is on it, but even a low end name brand PSU will be certified "Bronze" (80% efficiency).

I run a folding rig just for fun, it has a x6 1050t, a gtx 780 and a gtx titan black all running at 100% load 24/7 as well as 8 120mm fans. by doing those calculations its should be pulling nearly 700 watts. The power supply running it is a corsair ax760i and checking corsair link it actually pulls no more than 550watts from the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

trouser chili posted:

Thanks, mobile browsing is convenient but a pain for certain things.

Here's my first shot.

I had probably the roughest cb7 accord ever when I was 18. It was a 1992 exr coupe in white. I paid $450 for it. Most of the issues:
- brakes were almost non existent, i had to stomp on the pedal for them to work
- it had 392000 km and the engine howled (best way i can describe it) im not sure what was wrong with it, it still pulled nice and smooth just sounded awful at idle and load.
- automatic transmission lurched into every single gear, it didn't slip just banged into all the gears.
- all engine mounts were shot so on winter days the whole car shook
- I had to have a thermos of hot water at hand to de ice the door locks in the winter

even though it has all these issues it still started up every time, got me to work everyday. Everything worked on it including the sunroof and the really neat feature where the rad fans would turn on after shutdown to cool the engine (1990-1993 accords only I believe)I can honestly say that it was my favorite vehicle I have owned, I truly wish I had bought a better example as I would still be driving it today.

:patriot:

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

The fans shouldn't have been doing that unless it was running hot, unless that was something that only Canadian CB7s did.

Harsh shifts are a "feature" of Honda automatics of that vintage.

oh yeah they would only turn on if I just got off the highway. Its in the owners manual im not nuts :shobon:

• Locked thread