Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That one goes anywhere. Tends to run a bit late though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

blk posted:

I'm trying to learn Adobe Illustrator for a job and ugggggggggggggh it is taking me forever. A friend of mine who's a graphic designer says that a graphic design degree is basically learning to use this poo poo, nothing else.

Illustrator is pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it. Granted, the last time I used it was 5 or so years ago and CS3 onward seemed like it was making poo poo more needlessly complicated just because it could.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

While I could never really bring myself to rip off someone's grandmother or the like, I never really had a problem selling stuff to regular people. Most of them just wanted the bare minimum to get by regardless of what they needed, but I needed to get my sales numbers somewhere.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Around here they're more likely to run around with a sawzall and take the cats off your car for the metals inside it. Apparently it pays better.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

More black mirror chat:

:haw:
I dunno, I just finished watching the first episode and I was laughing pretty hard. :unsmigghh:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, I was loving around with a soldering iron and realized I have no clue what the gently caress I'm doing with one. I also got a nice burn on my finger when I grabbed to far up on the handle and wound up touching the 450 degree metal. I should not be allowed around anything that can cut or maim. :downs:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

You should take on welding sometime.
You learn to not grab the hot end loving quick. :D

Actually, I've done a bit of welding thanks to shop classes. Its a wonder I lived through high school.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fucknag posted:

In other news, went to the Central FL Highland Games today with my family, it was pretty fun. Had haggis for the first time, I think i'm a believer; not too bad at all.

Didn't get to sit for the whisky tasting like I wanted to, though; sisters and mom had obligations so we had to leave early. Probably go again next year.

Where in central florida? That sounds like something I might want to check out next year.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Phone posted:

Does anything good ever come from a phone call at 2am?

Not generally.

The only exception is the 2am "the bars just closed" booty call, and even that can be iffy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, some dude posted offering to trade his bike for a boat on craigslist, but made the horrible mistake of mispelling boat as boar. I've decided to see if he's still willing to trade. :unsmigghh:

CL Ad: http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/boa/4860638733.html

My response:

quote:

Hello, I noticed your add on craigslist and couldn't have been more excited! I in fact have a boar that I'd love to trade for your bike, even better its almost as exotic (but nowhere near as pretty)! I've included a picture of my boar with this email and while I realize you're going to look at that and go "Wait, isn't that a warthog", I'd like to remind you that the warthog is a member of the boar family! This exotic beast was shot in africa in 2002 by my grandfather and the head was brought back to the states to be professionally mounted with the meat going to the local Non-Profits in the area of the south african game preserve. If you're interested in this trade, please let me know. Your bike is amazing looking and I'd love to trade it for my boar! :D

ItsABoar.jpg

Its me, I'm that terrible person you have to deal with on craigslist.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 24, 2015

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Joke's gonna be on you when he actually does want a large swine.

Then I'll ask him if a zebra is an acceptable alternative.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

People who live in the Southeast US, how bad have roaches been for you? I loving hate them and have been lucky to never see them while living in WA and CA... But if we go to AL, it's a possibility. And my wife is even less bug-tolerant than I.

Living in Maui for a summer was awesome... except for the 3" roaches that occasionally wandered in :v:

They are around, but if you keep the area around your house free of places for them to live and stuff for them to eat, you'll probably be fine. Though once you get the fuckers, they're a complete pain to actually get rid of. You pretty much need to gas the little fuckers to make sure you kill every last one so they can't just repopulate and take over the area again. Total bloody genocide or nothing. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

Still, what a poo poo thing to do.

Speaking of which, why on earth do people on Craigslist expect me to deliver a video card an hour (round trip) for a measly 40 bucks? :getout:

I had someone ask me to deliver an external hard drive to Orlando from the other coast of florida for the grand sum of $30. He was rather offended when I said no and couldn't understand why I didn't want to drive it to him. That was pretty much why I gave up on craigslist until recently.

• Locked thread