Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I found and bought a unicorn last night. Pictures up soon. Incidentally, anyone know where the wagon thread went? I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Thanks, mobile browsing is convenient but a pain for certain things.

Here's my first shot.

It's a 1993 Accord Wagon (obviously), it's got 135,000 miles no rust at all and a manual transmission. I've only heard manual wagons exist, never seen one. And it's not a swap unless they swapped the correct dash for a manual transmission in as well.

Edit: just failed inspection. Brake light out, low brake fluid, exhaust leak. No biggies.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 31, 2015

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Wally Joyner posted:

Oh wow. Nice find, and very clean looking to boot! Rust has long taken any of those locally.

Rust usually eats em up round here as well, imagine my surprise finding that in STL area. This car apparently lived in Florida up until October last year. It's super clean, paid $2,500. I think I can find the right buyer to sell for $4,000.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

angryhampster posted:

That generation Accord was so classy. They were understated and simple, where the Camry of the same vintage was a little bulbous.

And the Camry of that vintage was ponderous and dull, by contrast the Accord was nimble, quick, and eager. I really love CB7 Accords, they're the best Accord.

Wally Joyner posted:

Was that a craigslist find, or just word-of-mouth? If you're not keeping it, it'll definitely be an easy profit.

Craigslist in Columbia, MO. Had to drive two hours to pick up. Towed it behind a 1980 Scout II diesel on uhaul dolly. Was a fun time. It had been posted just couple of hours when I called, apparently I was first. Picked it up not 6 hours later and guy had half a dozen other calls in between.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 31, 2015

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
So my plan was to find a cb7 coupe or sedan with manual transmission to turn into rallyx car/chump racer and maybe even stage rally car to cut my racing teeth on, but I found this wagon instead and was like; I have to own this, it's too good. Too bad they're so much heavier, and this one is too nice/rare to race. Might not stop me though, we'll see. I might make it my daily driver and sell the TDI. I really like the Sportwagen, but I don't like the payments.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

leica posted:

I would drive that all day long to avoid payments. How much better is the TDI than the Accord really? Probably not whatever-your-monthly-payment is better I would assume. Keep the Accord and drive the poo poo out of it, probably gets better mileage too :v:

Well, a CB7 wagon should pull 24-30mpg. My last CB7 was an auto sedan and it never cracked 30mpg, but I can buy a whole lot of gas for my current car payment. The TDI is averaging 42mpg for me. Wife told me today that she likes the TDI and would rather me not make the CB7 wagon my primary car. So I guess a racer it will become, unless someone buys it out from me.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
So I've been mistakenly calling the new-to-me Accord a cb7, but I've just learned that 1990-1993 Accord wagons are technically cb9, they got their own chassis designation. Yay mostly useless information.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

BraveUlysses posted:

I had him check the furnace (in garage) and he found that the burner unit is toast so it wasn't combusting properly.

Says it's not safe, caps the gas line and here we are, freezing our asses off now.

What did you learn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Pretty much decided that the cb9 rallywagen is getting an h22 swap.

• Locked thread