Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Today was our anniversary.
Not anymore!

I used to have new years as an anniversary too though, was so nice not having to remember some random date that would sneak up on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Oh god, the smugness.
Not smug, just extremely true.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

True or not, it doesn't give those that go all year 'round some kind of moral high ground.
I dunno, it kind of does. Im sure their resolutions weren't just "go to the gym for a month".

Thats not what marioon was saying though. Its just humourous how it happens every year.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

I used to put mayo on my fries before I stopped eating both.
Pink sauce, man. Of course I only learned about it from the internet, but ketchup+mayo. Its probably a southern/midwestern thing because its really a disgusting creation but its pretty good when you add fries.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have a windows phone from 2010 or 2011 and it works good still. Apple sucks because no torque and android crashes a lot on my tablet.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like these batman stamps.

I wish I could just buy the circular ones though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

Any one have experience with the walmart car batteries? Might just head there after work and have them swap in a new one since the optima in the garage is likely flat and has been sitting for 6+ months. It's either walmart, advance autoparts or possibly the VW dealer since I get employee price on parts/service.
Advance auto has a 35% off coupon right now and they'll install it for free. Not a bad deal since you said its 4 degrees wherever you are.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

Perfect, looks like that (max $50) and the $25 rebate drops the price down plenty. Not having to gently caress with it in the cold will also be nice. Wonder if the drat car will start after work, should be up to 25 degrees or so by then.

Nope they won't touch it...gently caress. Fuse box rests on top of the battery so it may take more than 30 minutes means they won't do it.
Walmart will install batteries not sold by them for $10, so it might still be worth it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

In this thread: Pussies complaining about the weather where they live, even though it's entirely normal for where they live.Conversing.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Cakefool posted:

So I was browsing autotrader and find this nearby:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201412279834552

:catstare: I mean, how bad could it be? :catstare:
Thats a nice looking sonata.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
gently caress. Video card froze and rebooted system, get green blocks and artifacting everywhere, windows won't boot unless I uninstall the drivers in safe mode. Sounds like a common video card problem, bad solder joints or something.

So now I finally get to try the old baking trick. Hope it works.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Raluek posted:

Video card guy: Try baking it, but don't hold your breath. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't. Even when they do, it's not unheard of for them to poo poo right back out again.
Wow rude I have a name.

Yeah its just a last chance shot, I was going to buy a new one when GTA:V comes out anyway.

I can live with it except for when I netflix.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is that a "this game is mostly loading screens" joke? Guess you can't put a SSD in a ps4 or xbone huh? :smug: :smug: :smugdog:

Actually maybe you can, but on PC having a SSD cut loading times in IV by more than half for me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I accept that.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

i've been running my i5 2500k at 4.8ghz for a couple years now. There's a hard wall though. no amount of voltage lets it run over 4.8ghz.

I also game at 2560x1440, sometimes while watching 1080p video on the second screen. 290x gets hot and loud, but seems to power through it.

That sounds insane. I have the same chip, I only upped it to 3.8 because I have stock or close to stock cooling. What do you use?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyone else have a habit of grabbing a Hot Wheels whenever they are at Wally's or somewhere similar?

Only if they're the model of the car I drive. So far Ive just found 2 in matchbox/hot wheels size.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

NitroSpazzz posted:

I have a book shelf corner devoted to matchbox cars, who shelves are just E30 M3's. Any time I see them displayed I dig through and usually end up buying a couple.
Did I get you one that you already had?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just paid $27 to fill up my explorer. Thank you NY indian reservations. Gas here near the city of buffalo is around $2.70, drive 25 min away to the res and its $1.80. So worth it even if you're not buying cigarettes.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I wish the crew had a demo of some sort. I would love to bomb around in a offroad style mustang but the feel of the physics in games like that can be hit or miss for me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Mother loving telephone pole work the rest of the week. So cold.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Slipped a disc. Can't walk. At hospital.
:ohdear:

What happened?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
On a similar note, I pinched my sciatica nerve last August. All I was doing was bending down to pick up a coffee mug that I spilled, I went down and up fast because I was mad at myself and on the way up I had intense pain. I was off work for a few weeks practically stuck in bed. Walked with a cane for a few after that and finally a week or two ago I stopped feeling it as I got out of bed in the morning. If I do a lot of physical activity or bend it the wrong way Ill still feel it though.

Hurting your back is the worst. Can't even roll over on your side without something to grab onto. I pissed in many a bottle just because it was easier than walking 10 feet to the bathroom.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My dad got laid off until March, so today hes going to a hobby shop to maybe start building model cars again. :3:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

T1g4h posted:

gently caress yeah, hobby dads are the best dads. Mine is getting back into flying r/c stuff alongside me, mom and I got him a quadcopter for Christmas and he got a fixed pitch Blade 200 shortly before New Years. If the weather warms up and the wind dies down we're planning on flying this weekend.

I told him to get a little helicopter but he kind of laughed at the idea. He quit smoking a week ago so hes just looking for little things to do around the house.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Darchangel posted:

I have an entire shelving unit of model car kits, parts and sci-fi kits that I bought back when I was still building, and never got around to. The internet distracted me for the last 2 decades.
I'm now thinking about selling most of the kits as vintage, because I don't seriously believe I will ever build them. I will likely be blind and shaky-handed by the time I actually have time to do so, unless I mostly give up the internet and video games. And a lot of the cars I bought at the time, I no longer like, anyway.
I know what you mean. I bought a mustang kit that looks like my car but was pretty overwhelmed with the amount of pieces you have to put together. Plus all the paints you have to buy at once if you're just starting out.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

bandman posted:

It is becoming more clear to me why people murder their spouses instead of divorcing them. She is a miserable, vindictive bitch and she can take a long walk off a short pier. I'm immeasurably happier without her and I'm seeing a girl now who is basically the sweetest person on the planet :3:
Maybe you should leave that sweet girl alone until you don't feel like murdering someone. Surely your ex wife was a "sweetest person on the planet" when you first met her and then decided to marry her at some point.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What, circumcision is rare or something these days? I had no idea. I like this seinfeld conversation though:

Elaine: Have you ever seen one?
Jerry: You mean that wasn't -
Elaine: Yeah.
Jerry: No.. you?
Elaine: Ya.
Jerry: What'd you think?
Elaine: (SHAKES HER HEAD) No...
Jerry: Not good?
Elaine: No, had no face, no personality, very dull. It was like a
martian. But hey, that's me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I almost feel bad than my mustang is a stick shift. My mothers first car was a 1968 mustang, and I know when she was shopping for a new car in ~2000 she was looking at stangs but the back seats were almost nonexistent so she didn't get one. Now she cant even drive mine once in a while because she refuses to learn stick.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Holdbrooks posted:

I checked Facebook this morning and I lost a good friend yesterday. Feels real lovely.

Lost meaning died or lost meaning he deleted you? I really dislike facebook most days. Im at the age where all my friends are getting married or having kids/buying houses so all they post about. I remember reading a study that said if all you read is positive stuff then it makes you feel bad because your life always has ups and downs but not many people will post the downs, unless theyre the "share too much" type.

I lost a friend of 8+ years once that I used to be in a band with. He was in a band after us and made a post how he missed those guys and blah blah blah. I made an obviously sarcastic "well im glad our band broke up you guys suck" comment and the next day he deleted me. Unfriending on facebook shouldn't mean that you arent friends IRL but yeah basically it means that, it hurt me.

I deleted my facebook for about a day but Im stuck on the thought that if someone from my past wants to contact me that would be the easiest way so I opened it back up. I stopped following a lot of friends that post baby crap (but not unfriended) and I took facebook off my bookmarks toolbar, it helped a lot.

edit: If your friend died then Im sorry thats even worse :( :glomp:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kastein posted:

Alright, I posted this on the facebook group too but I'm not sure everyone's on there.

Who is along this route?

I76 eastbound from Lakewood to I80, I80 eastbound to Chicago, I90 eastbound to Massachusetts.

If you're along that route, possible mobile goonmeet roadtrip in the coming month or two.
I live in Buffalo. We can drink canadian beer. The best beer.

I too have a craigslist hopeful. $400 for a 02 mustang v6 with front end damage. Im only interested in the leather seats and then Im gonna call a junkyard and see what they'll give me for it. If its less than $200 I wont bother.

GONNA TOW IT WITH MY FERD EXPLODER HOPE IT DOESNT ROLL BACKWARDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Terrible Robot posted:

I'm getting $1 back on my tax return. Everyone else I work with is getting $1200 or more.

I hate everything.
What up. :whatup:

Should I not be using motorcraft synthetic oil? Its super cheap at walmart and I do drive a ford so why not?

• Locked thread