Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
No less than three people here managed to blow themselves up with fireworks, to the point of death. Two others are in critical condition.

Made beef tenderloin steaks sous vide last night. With home made sauce bearnaise. loving delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Hey, Mountain Cod, can I just say that every one of your posts bring a smile to my face. You've been dealt a lovely hand, but your attitude kicks so much rear end. I really hope you pull through this.

Also shouldn't you be posting and updating a bus garage thread?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Drove behind a Fiat 500L this morning. Holy hell it's huge.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I have no qualified guess, but keep in mind that job postings aren't holy gospel. My department (embedded software) routinely used boilerplate like:

The ideal candidate has:

• Knowledge in the fields of Bluetooth and Universal Serial Bus.
  • blahblahblah
  • Experience in USB programming.

I asked the hiring manager about it, after having been hired, about what the hell "USB programming" was, thinking it was something I hadn't heard of. Turns out that both bullets were about Universal Serial Bus and all this confusion was just copy-pasted around for years.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

the spyder posted:

Today was a good day.

What have you been frying up?

Also, meatpimp, didn't you order a set of PDR tools some time ago? What ever happened to that?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just made my first halfthree-quarter decent sauce bearnaise. Could be thicker, apparently that is accomplished by even more butter.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Stick on chrome letters are usually tacky as gently caress, but my colleague gets a pass.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

fjelltorsk posted:

I will not go quietly into the night

Hang in there dude. For what it's worth, my brother had his entire spleen removed (due to ITP, not cancer) and he's doing fine, running triathlons and what not, so it appears it's optional.

bolind fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 27, 2015

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just booked a test ride in a Tesla S! Three weeks out, here's to hoping that there's no snow or ice so I can push it a bit.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

fjelltorsk posted:

So. I decided to try going to the toilet on my own. making GBS threads in a bedpan is only fun the first time. I have been sitting here for the last fifty minutes and cant get up.

I should probably call a nurse

But did you succeed in your pooping? And how much battery do you have left?

Seriously, dude, please don't die yet, because you crack me up. :glomp:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
:stare:

And here I thought I had a semi-cool story about the time my dad stitched up my index finger after I sliced it open with a knife...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
gently caress PDF forms that aren't PDF forms. Hard. No lube.

• Locked thread