Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

2015 is going to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nidhg00670000 posted:

OTOH, people here seem to be of the opinion that Chrysler & Dodge explode faster than they can make them, and Chrysler almost makes the top third (and the Challenger is the highest ranked "Midsize sporty car").

It's Chrysler and VW. Chrysler owns Dodge.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

What is a man? A miserable little pile of meerkats!
_________________/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Speaking of cancer and loving it, go watch Awesome Games Done Quick. Nerds are speed running games for the entire week and breaking them in hilarious ways. It's a week long donation drive that is going to the Prevent Cancer Foundation. :)

Remember last February where it was Twitch Plays Pokemon? Last night, some nerds took complete control over a Pokemon Red cart plugged into a Super Gameboy and fed the IRC chat into the SNES; thereby creating... Pokemon Plays Twitch.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

rscott posted:

did anyone gently caress someone else's wife yet?

I'M WORKING ON IT DUDE, LIKE GIVE ME A FEW MORE HOURS OK

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

HotCanadianChick posted:

Actually, it was something I'd heard a long, long, long time ago and have never looked up or read about since (that milk makes acid reflux worse). Looking it up now, it's not that the milk is acidic, it's that unless you're drinking skim milk, the fat in the milk causes an increase in stomach acid production (as will any fatty food). So if it's skim milk it probably won't make it worse.

So part of the statement I made is still correct (drinking milk when you have heartburn or acid reflux is probably not that good of an idea), but the underlying reason I believed that statement was incorrect. Can't remember where I heard the bit about milk being more acidic than citrus juice, it was somewhere in my childhood and I'd never seen or read anything to correct that mistaken belief until I looked it up just now.

e: I'm beginning to think I've found the reason why old people often make ridiculous/stupid claims: you hear something once in your childhood, never get corrected on it, and then 35 years later you're pretty sure you've heard it somewhere but can't quite remember where. The difference is unlike a lot of old farts, I'm not someone who's unwilling to change his position when presented with contrary evidence. I like to be corrected, as I hate inaccurate info as much as anyone.

Or you're just full of poo poo, don't know how to duck out, and would rather double down.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

HotCanadianChick posted:

:rolleyes:

http://www.healthline.com/health/gerd/beverages

Again, I had heard (somewhere in my childhood, so at least 25-30 years ago) drinking milk was bad for acid reflux, but the root cause of this that I had previously believed was incorrect (that milk was highly acidic, which obviously at a pH of 6.8 is untrue), and I admitted as such. It is good to know that some people define "admitting you made a mistake" as "doubling down", however.

Again, let me make a million excuses and try to save face.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nidhg00670000 posted:

After reading his book I feel this is more accurate.

The book where he made up a bunch of poo poo? :v:

(Chris Kyle was a hosed up person)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

jamal posted:

That was pretty much what I got from reading the book and I've heard nothing about things being made up. Movie was a pretty different story.

You want to read a story about a seal I recommend the heart and the fist.

For an autobiographical book, he fabricated a lot of poo poo... like getting into a fist fight with Jesse Ventura, who has since successfully won a few defamation cases.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

What did I miss, was there a deleted or edited post? As it reads, he says if you're 1/64th aborigine it would be easier to get services... hell, I'd say the same thing about the US... if you've got a percentage of Indian blood, that opens you up for a bunch of government dole. It's not racist, it's just the truth. Let's turn down the SJW sensitivity on your robot boxes, okay?

Edit: Not directed at you, Geirskogul, I was talking about the general robotish ultrasensitivity SJW crap, not your avatar.

Lol

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

Anybody have the link to the Snapchatte thread?

Right here

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Does anything good ever come from a phone call at 2am?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Elmnt80 posted:

Not generally.

The only exception is the 2am "the bars just closed" booty call, and even that can be iffy.

That usually doesn't even pan out since it's more like "I'm drunk and too cheap to call a cab".

It's either like... someone has died, wrong number, or something else that is completely awful.

Phone fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 23, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Holy poo poo I'm going to be broke as hell this year. Looking at 8 track weekends at least and 2 races. Possibly going to hit up the F1 race, as well.

Oh yeah, buying the ND when it comes out. Buying a house isn't happening; can't race your house.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

KKKLIP ART posted:

Phone has my phone number and I never get 2am calls :smith:

How far are you from Road Atlanta? I've known you for the better part of a decade (lol what, 12 or 13 years now), but I don't know if I'm ready to take our relationship to the next level... Unless if I can do a track day and not pay for a hotel. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

KKKLIP ART posted:

About 40 minutes away if traffic is favorable, but I would take you out on the town and show you a good time. Lots of good food here to wine and dine you with

Who's the senpai in this scenario? I need to know who's hoping to get noticed.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
hey meatpimp, your gimmick is wearing thin

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
being a redditor

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

Is that supposed to be an insult? If you're going to try to call me out on something, let's use your big boy words and not be vague.

You're the one who's been giving your opinions on racism and using SJW unironically. Like Rhyno was complaining about how much of a shithole Indiana is and exhibit #8731032 was hearing some white dudes use "friend of the family" in a public space in TYOOL 2015, and your take is "Well maybe we're not giving them a fair shake" and to call Rhyno a SJW? Really?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Makin' chili is easy as gently caress. I need to make some more powder again since I want to make a batch before I go snowboarding this year. I think I'm going to go for a sweet and spicy turkey chili this time around (so goooood).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0DpURNDvX0

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey Aussie goons, how on point is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFAOj8JVzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cat Terrist posted:

Newman out, QLD LNP almost certainly can not form govt in any way....... Abbott cant last the week because the LNP can not allow a anti Abbott backlash happen in NSW

I mean... how the gently caress did the opposition in QLD, reduced to a party you could fit in a Ford Falcon with room to spare actually win? I know Newman is a hated shithead but Abbott HAS to be the big reason

I take it that this is semi related to that video I posted earlier about the coal mining?

• Locked thread