Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Great thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

holocaust bloopers posted:

The Americans is a highly underrated show.

How could it be underrated if every critic I've ever seen has slobbered all over it?

Season 1 was loving great and I loved it, from the acting to the writing to the flawless musical cues. Season 2 was uninteresting and starting to cross the boundary of suspended disbelief. Season 3 is right out.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

so dudes in the hangout chat claim that calling texas a shithole summons moker. who the hell is moker & why is he remembered in gip?
(i don't read the service threads).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Same. Season one was awesome. After that it's a slide into meh.

But I'm apparently weird because I have no interest in the walking dead, and absolutely everyone is sucking thay cock train these days.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Moker is a west texas nut. went by genderstomper58 for a while. can't remember his current username but it should be "buttfucked lubbock".

Or lubbock buttfuck.

Or texas bottom.

Or lubuttfuck.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

so dudes in the hangout chat claim that calling texas a shithole summons moker. who the hell is moker & why is he remembered in gip?
(i don't read the service threads).

take another break from gip thanks

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
The Walking Dead is terrible. It's TV based on a retarded comic series made by retards for retards.

The Americans is really good. I see what people are getting at with the following seasons being not quite as good as the first but calling it "meh" is going too far I'd argue.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I really did try to watch it with interest and I still think the concept is interesting but I'm kinda done with dramatic tv.

One of the big draws of the trail is the lack of tv and hopefully minimal conversation about anything related to it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Walking Dead is a show that offers glimpse into being great but usually settles for being a boring watch.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mustang posted:

HHC at OCS is weirdly chill, candidates ordering pizza and going out to subway and using their phones yet I have a sense of impending doom for when we class up.

On second thought those are really normal things to do on a Saturday. Sand Hill has warped my mind.

Dude why the gently caress do you have your phone

this is loving bullshit I wasnt even allowed to make a phone call for 14 weeks, then went to jump school and hosed up and again couldn't use my phone, then got loving deployed a few weeks after jump school and having near-no contact with the outside worlds other than snail mail with the typical "We'll get them soon" that explained every other lack of something. Anyway holy gently caress why does everyone get their phones in a training environment

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Bitching about phones.

We had a block of 8 payphones for a company during basic. Hope you had a calling card or a lot of loving quarters.

:corsair:

Get off my loving lawn

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Ogrel72 posted:

Bitching about phones.

We had a block of 8 payphones for a company during basic. Hope you had a calling card or a lot of loving quarters.

Get off my loving lawn

I got to make a collect call and read a sign posted on the wall that said something about arriving safely at parris island and that I was now entering recruit training.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I got to make a collect call and read a sign posted on the wall that said something about arriving safely at parris island and that I was now entering recruit training.

I wonder how many mothers worried about the way their son was reading that sign with a DI breathing down their neck.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Ogrel72 posted:

Bitching about phones.

Get off my loving lawn

This was also the case in 2010 in a brand-new barracks on Benning, FWIW.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Where's the dedicated Appalachian Trail thread shim?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Where's the dedicated Appalachian Trail thread shim?

Awaiting our signing of the trail registry @ Springer to start so the OP has a cool starting pic.

6 months of being in the great outdoors coming up starting in just a few days and I'm so stoked you wouldn't believe me if I told you how excited I am.

Ditched my Eureka tent for an MSR Hubba NX. I feel retarded paying $300 for a tent, but holy poo poo it's so much nicer than anything else in its weight class. And it IS pretty dang light.

6 ounces lighter than the Eureka I had actually. Mostly made my wallet lighter though. I wish I had spongebobs tent setup time: Instant. But the MSR is up and going in like 5-10 min top of your retarded so :shrug:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
(͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:gooncamp:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

thanks for these :emo:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Awaiting our signing of the trail registry @ Springer to start so the OP has a cool starting pic.

6 months of being in the great outdoors coming up starting in just a few days and I'm so stoked you wouldn't believe me if I told you how excited I am.

Ditched my Eureka tent for an MSR Hubba NX. I feel retarded paying $300 for a tent, but holy poo poo it's so much nicer than anything else in its weight class. And it IS pretty dang light.

6 ounces lighter than the Eureka I had actually. Mostly made my wallet lighter though. I wish I had spongebobs tent setup time: Instant. But the MSR is up and going in like 5-10 min top of your retarded so :shrug:

I have the same msr tent it owns

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

make sure to post pics of your dump pile when you get to the first stop

I love seeing all the snivelkit people drop off there.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Start an instagram account and post pics of every poo poo you take in the woods.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Shim's been making GBS threads in the woods for years anyway, just on principle.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfugNwywj-k

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'll try the whole "suck a cock" method next time I need to take my bike in for a full tune up, poo poo's like $75.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
what the gently caress are you paying $75 to tune up a goddamn bicycle for

unless you mean motorcycle then i can understand

i have a roommate who practically jerks himself to the sight of a $9000 bicycle (i just recently found out these exist). he doesn't even own a car.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I mean I paid $1,000 for my road bike like 8 years ago and I love it. But that's about my limit. Maybe $2k max? Some people go insane with that poo poo.

The best part is they'll drop thousands to save precious weight but are still fat as poo poo :shrug:

Also holy poo poo this

bonvivant posted:

there's one where the skinny burnout traipses around the amazon basin to trip on frog poison that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life

highlights
- skinny drug nerd spends the entire time acting like he's documenting his adventure into heart of darkness/ cannibal holocaust or something
-gets increasingly hilarious as the backwater amazonians treat him like a crazy dumbass and reveal themselves to be more normal than he is
-locals lol at him as he writhes and shivers on the ground in agony after rubbing frog venom into his wounds (the poison was obtained by gently tickling the frog and it was then respectfully released by a local)
-one local says something that is translated as "human being" for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Yd7M3JNlw

:frogdowns: :nixon:

From

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708991&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've seen that episode, the skinny burnout really is retarded.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

A full Tune up includes new cables re greasing all the bearings and hub overhauls. I have reasonably priced bikes but I race competitively. A 70 dollar pro tune up is a once a year ordeal, I do the small maintenance myself

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I've seen that episode, the skinny burnout really is retarded.

i saw the episode where that douche got high on aids medication in south africa

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: I love how they all make fun of him for being a pussy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

that nigga need to quit eatin drugs and start eatin some hamburgers holy poo poo

i seen auschwitz survivors with more meat on em that that clown

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

oh gently caress dude by the way in BCT you're going to get a finger up the rear end to check for infection/gangrene of the anus after your FTX.
its conducted by your DS in the "Private" Showers

Really?

How is your DS medically qualified to do that

he's been in the army 3 days and he's already retarded

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
When you show up for basic they take your phone and your brain, and you only get one of them back when you graduate.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Godholio posted:

*gets an all-expenses-paid vacation four days up the Amazon river*

"Pretty bored, nothing to do while we wait for these locals to catch me a poison frog, might as well get high on ayahuasca."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thanks for all the kind words dudes/ladies/xyr/raptors

dad was diagnosed last may, did a crapload of chemo and radiation treatment and poo poo and fought like a motherfucker

he was told last week that it was time to stop fighting and enjoy what he had left. he got his affairs in order and went downhill soon after

2 days before he died he was driving his truck around doing stuff. then he basically was unable to walk/talk. My brother in-law and I had to carry him down the stairs of his house in a kitchen chair.

Hospital delivered the bed to their house shortly after. We put him in the bed. Hospice nurse came, but before the paperwork was filled out he was already gone.

Dude was the master of the sportcoat and jeans, had a fine beard and mullet, and was a rad dad. He was a rampant liberal to the point where I'd feel like I was a goddamn Nixon defender, and was probably the largest NY Mets fan living outside of Queens. He was also smart enough to not be in the military but was proud of me for doing it to pay for college.

He was a cool dad and this gay earth is insanely gayer now that he is gone

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dad was diagnosed last may, did a crapload of chemo and radiation treatment and poo poo and fought like a motherfucker

he was told last week that it was time to stop fighting and enjoy what he had left. he got his affairs in order and went downhill soon after

2 days before he died he was driving his truck around doing stuff. then he basically was unable to walk/talk. My brother in-law and I had to carry him down the stairs of his house in a kitchen chair.

Hospital delivered the bed to their house shortly after. We put him in the bed. Hospice nurse came, but before the paperwork was filled out he was already gone.

Dude was the master of the sportcoat and jeans, had a fine beard and mullet, and was a rad dad. He was a rampant liberal to the point where I'd feel like I was a goddamn Nixon defender, and was probably the largest NY Mets fan living outside of Queens. He was also smart enough to not be in the military but was proud of me for doing it to pay for college.

Your dad sounds like a cool dude. Mine was an abusive rear end in a top hat who ran out on the family when he and my mom divorced. I hope that when I die, I leave a good enough impression on my son that he says nice things similar to how you described your dad.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Your dad sounds cool as gently caress. My brother spent his last year driving some high-end Cadillac, slept with a bunch of loose women, and bought everything he could ever want. When I flew home on emergency leave, he was coherent for about two days then the cancer ruined that. Gone within two weeks. I've never thought that someone could degrade that quickly.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

RIP Cool Dad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Your dad sounds like a cool dad. I'm glad you had the chance to be with him when he was fighting the hard poo poo. He may not have said it, but it matters.
My dad is going through the same bullshit right now.

• Locked thread