Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hekk posted:

I picked up Space Engineers for :10bux: last night because it's supposed to be Gary's Mod meets Minecraft. I've played around for about 5 hours now and I'd say it was well worth the money if for no other reason than spaceship crashes. If anyone else wants to try multiplayer let me know and I can set a server up or something.

i'm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

HDI and I are going to play again tomorrow so I will either message you on Steam (Assuming you are in the GiP group) or post something in here before we start.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
It was strangely fulfilling just chilling out and welding your ship together.

I plan on making a space swastika station.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hekk posted:

HDI and I are going to play again tomorrow so I will either message you on Steam (Assuming you are in the GiP group) or post something in here before we start.

Ah I may or may not be on, I'm heading down the line for some family time tomorrow and will be away for a few days at least.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

if anyone has a spare copy of space engineers, i have tomb raider 2013, gauntlet reboot, and prison architect and am willing to trade. steam name is "deagnar"

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I was planning on building a PC later in the year, but a friend of mine gave me one of his "old" (~1.5 year) gaming PC's that he wasn't using. Ordered a monitor, keyboard and mouse that'll be in next week, and I'll finally be able to retire my 4 year old laptop.

Playing counter-strike with a few friends in the same room is awesome, and totally took me back to high school playing at a local LAN.

I'm pkells on steam btw, in the GiP group.

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...
PSN: Skoulz
Games: Anything but most likely Destiny.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Down to play some Space Engineers tonight if anyone else is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For those who don't have me on PSN: bird_law111. I forget my Xbox name.

Steam: holocaust bloopers

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
is the forest any good or is it just got a real strong open and nothing after that?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is the forest any good or is it just got a real strong open and nothing after that?

Since I just bought this game, I'd like to know as well.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I haven't played since the last patch or two and haven't touched co-op multiplayer, but it's a very pretty game that lends itself to some cool, atmospheric moments. The sound of the wind rustling through the trees is creepy, and the first time you see one of "them" or see one of the octopus/spider mutants off in the distance is pretty drat freaky. It's still in alpha, so some of the stuff is glitchy, but it's a fun.

The creepiest thing that happened to me so far was when I had been out scavenging and found a group of them back at my camp milling about. I decided I'd leave the area and come back later, and found a pile of human skulls neatly arranged around my firepit. Pretty creep-rear end stuff.

ninja edit: gonna play it now actually

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sounds pretty rad. im hoping you have the ability to become anthropophagous rex and rule over the savage jungle with an iron jaw

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Hekk posted:

Where did you guys find that MTF transgender picture for the Steam Group? That poo poo is creepy as gently caress and an image search on Google only turns up the GiP Steam group.

lol it was just some random pic floating around, dont remember the source

VULTURESROW are u still playin hearthstone or what!!!! (virgins itt)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

sounds pretty rad. im hoping you have the ability to become anthropophagous rex and rule over the savage jungle with an iron jaw

Yeah, I built a cool little fortress, had my first attack by mutants, and then this happened. Forgive Shadowplay's glitchy audio and a poo poo encode job:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0eftESmak4

Did I mention this is still in alpha?

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 4, 2015

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
played a bit of the forest

gathered up a bunch of poo poo from the wreck then made my way away. stumbled across the beach and found a cool oceanside cliff with a good field of view and lots of open ground. figured id make my impenetrable redoubt there. only problem was all the trees and poo poo were a good ways away and i needed logs and sticks and poo poo to make my camp. night fell as i was making my last trip to gather logs for the shelter, and thats when i met my first cannibal. we had a fuckin slobberknocker but i came out victorious

after i took his head i went back to my business, but thats when i noticed his friends had come looking for him. like a loving lot of his friends. i retreated back towards my camp, then realized it was a lost cause. worked my way down the cliff face and into the water and swam a ways down the beach to a safe spot. was freezing my balls off and starving so i built a fire and cooked a bit of deer meat as dawn broke. figured the assholes had cleared off so made my way back to the cliff

on my way home i ran into a lone cannibal woman and she wasnt much of a fight, then continued on. well the savages had built a shitload of totems and lots of other unsightly garbage all over the place during the night, and i noticed the treeline was still crawling with em so i said gently caress it and headed down the beach toward an abandoned sailboat. found a cozy little alcove to start a new camp, and it was a lot closer to building materials. actually got a loving shelter built and caught some zzzs finally

by this point id killed 4 or 5 of the cannibals, so i figured id make a thing that would let em know to not gently caress with me. stuck a severed head on a stick and set it a couple hundred feet outside my camp. unfortunately that seemed to draw em like moths to a loving flame. fought a couple more and took their heads too. then a couple more groups showed up, and when they started fighting each other i realized there were multiple tribes

the winners came after me, their bossman more specifically. he definitely took more axe blows but he wasnt too tough

took his head and used it to complete a more grisly effigy full of heads and limbs and other nasty bits.

unfortunately the beach was loving crawling with these assholes and they eventually overwhelmed me by clipping through boulders and i ended up being eaten in their cave. at least i took a bunch of em with me :black101:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

suboptimal posted:

Yeah, I built a cool little fortress, had my first attack by mutants, and then this happened. Forgive Shadowplay's glitchy audio and a poo poo encode job:

Edit: one sec I did a dumb thing

Did I mention this is still in alpha?

give youtube a while to encode the vid and your hd options and preview pic will materialize eventually

its kind of a modern art masterpiece really, this thing you made

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
that game looks cool

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Let's play Space Engineers. Godholio is in game now but he isn't on my friends list. HDI or anyone else want to get a multiplayer game going?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Steam: Zombie808

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
On in a few min.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Played some Space Engineers on a public creative server today.

Look at my drill ship. Also all these drills turning lagged the gently caress out of the server. No one knew why it was stuttering except me and the dude I got to drive this thing so I could take pictures.

Is that a space station down there? Hmm...I wonder...

Let's see if this thing works.

We're going in!

gently caress your space station!

Gonna eat the whole drat thing

Right before I got kicked

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Holy poo poo, they got servers working? I gotta jump back into this and blast the gently caress outta some space stations.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
The Forest looks pretty sweet, and it's cheap. Might give it a whirl.

Anyone else here cursed with the autistic tendency to play league of legends?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The Forest is fun. Space Engineers is fun.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the forest owns that is all

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

the forest owns that is all

New Hotness: Space Engineers, The Forest
Old and Busted: Errything else

Heil

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

smertrioslol posted:

Anyone else here cursed with the autistic tendency to play league of legends?

my buddy was super into LoL for a long time

it was pretty funny making him mad by saying I was getting into DoTA2

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Saws do cut ships in half but not super fast. It took like 15 seconds to cut this one to shreds.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
:stare:

It's gorgeous

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
i've had that fuckin game in my library since forever, maybe i'll play with you fucks

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I hate all of them and I'm bad at all of them so

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

LoL world championship is much more popular it's you who are the idiot here he's going pro

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

LoL world championship is much more popular it's you who are the idiot here he's going pro

i don't play MoBAs or FARTS or w/e you call them

"hey lets spend 45 minutes getting angry at each other and lose and do it all night" is pretty much the worst idea for a game imo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i don't play MoBAs or FARTS or w/e you call them

"hey lets spend 45 minutes getting angry at each other and lose and do it all night" is pretty much the worst idea for a game imo

I've played like 50 hours of dota 2 and that's a pretty good summary and why me and my friends stopped playing it

At least with other games if you're getting stomped you don't have to endure it for an hour

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

We used to do that with BF4 though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

We used to do that with BF4 though.

yeah but we didnt get butthurt if someone wanted to go snipe or drive a vehicle or whatever and spend the rest of the match being passive aggressive about it

and no one got angry about it, we spent most of the time thinking of ways to make others mad

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
nobody fucks with us

i got so drunk last nite holy poo poo

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
the underwater devgru cannies were the scariest :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Blew up poo poo in Space Engineers with whoever's Steam name is Deagnar. Was fun now that I know how to make missile and bomb boats that explode things good.

• Locked thread