Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

If you have a vita(lmao) there's a metal gear collection that has MG1, MG2, MGS2, and MGS3 on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Helldump Immunity posted:

Lmbo when I rented that game the clerk recommended not picking it up because it was too confusing.

Renting NES games back in the day was the type of roulette that could ruin your weekend.

I honestly think due to playing so many lovely rented NES games that I have such low standards for games. I can find fun in most mediocre games anyhow. Like poo poo at least this isn't *any NES game*

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

SperginMcBadposter posted:

If you have a vita(lmao) there's a metal gear collection that has MG1, MG2, MGS2, and MGS3 on it.

its on 360/ps3 with peace walker as well

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its on 360/ps3 with peace walker as well

I thought the 360 version didn't include mgs1

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Two Finger posted:

I thought the 360 version didn't include mgs1

Metal gear 1 and 2, the original msx games, are on the metal gear solid 3 disc. It's so easy to understand!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wait i think im thinking of the legacy set for ps3 that had 1,2,3,4,PW,MG,MG2, and VR Missions

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

looked over my cab, anyone know what i can use for spacers on the VESA mount? I need to boost it a couple more inches so the corners arent hosed in the gun games

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

yeah wow thanks mike-o even crazier than I remember.

MGS owns. You said earlier that you were legit sad or whatever that Metal Gear was dead and I feel you dude. I started playing Metal Gear when my mom bought be the first one on NES like in 1990 or whatever man and they've always been the best.

Not cool enough to have played through proper MG2 yet though, but poo poo I'm down for Snakes Revenge.

I was so confused when MGS came out due to that but whatevs

yeah man poo poo legit kind of depressed me because i'm a huge fuckin dork for those games. i entered the series with MGS1 and it loving blew me the gently caress away in 1997-98. i sold my n64 and games just so i could get a ps1 with MGS1, Final Fantasy VII (which also blew me away at the time), and some other games i don't remember but still sit on my shelf. i played that game so god drat much i knew it like the back of my loving hand. also your dad is an rear end in a top hat, sorry dude :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Mgs1 is so good

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Mike-o posted:

yeah man poo poo legit kind of depressed me because i'm a huge fuckin dork for those games. i entered the series with MGS1 and it loving blew me the gently caress away in 1997-98. i sold my n64 and games just so i could get a ps1 with MGS1, Final Fantasy VII (which also blew me away at the time), and some other games i don't remember but still sit on my shelf. i played that game so god drat much i knew it like the back of my loving hand. also your dad is an rear end in a top hat, sorry dude :(

HE'S DEAD ! but i still have guilt laden dreams about him lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wait i think im thinking of the legacy set for ps3 that had 1,2,3,4,PW,MG,MG2, and VR Missions

Well might as well buy that

Even though I have 5 on bone and the 360 collection it don't have 1

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Two Finger posted:

Well might as well buy that

Even though I have 5 on bone and the 360 collection it don't have 1

i have it on psn

seriously though play peace walker if you havent

pw is so good with 2 analog sticks its criminal

hell you can emulate it on PC with a 360 controller

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
peace walker is pretty good

the one song on it was good if you like those anime games songs hold on i'll edit it in when i think of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0
I mean it's poo poo but it works. Joan Baez in GZ owned too

edit: calling to the night kinda working with my feels in the dadchat :sigh:

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 28, 2016

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Helldump Immunity posted:

Renting NES games back in the day was the type of roulette that could ruin your weekend.

Kids these days don't know the struggle.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Speaking of Nintendo games...I got a Raspberry Pi 3b for Christmas. I popped a 32 gig microsd card in it and installed Retropie. Now I have all the Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, SNES, Genesis, MAME, and N64 (although some run like poo poo) games I could ever want to play. I even have half a dozen PSX games on it and they run like they did natively. This makes me glad I didn't try to go for the NES Classic that has been out of stock everywhere.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

What should I be focusing on upgrade-wise in MGS V? Is there a specific path I should go for like in XCOM, or is it more do whatever you think will be fun to use?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
starsector still one of the better space games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNcyzVTVMT4

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

The Rat posted:

What should I be focusing on upgrade-wise in MGS V? Is there a specific path I should go for like in XCOM, or is it more do whatever you think will be fun to use?

Go for fun

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I won my Fantasy Football league and I'm buying a ton of poo poo on Steam. I'm tempted by Total War: Warhammer. Any thoughts on it, or should I wait?

Disclosure, I haven't really enjoyed a TW game since Fall of the Samurai for Shogun 2.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

So I won my Fantasy Football league and I'm buying a ton of poo poo on Steam. I'm tempted by Total War: Warhammer. Any thoughts on it, or should I wait?

Disclosure, I haven't really enjoyed a TW game since Fall of the Samurai for Shogun 2.

Get Dishonored 2. GOTY and all that poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
dishonored 2 is really good
also doom if you havent gotten doom for whatever reason

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

holocaust bloopers posted:

This too.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

dishonored 2 is really good

Even if Doom were the best game ever, the glory kills gross me out

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

looked over my cab, anyone know what i can use for spacers on the VESA mount? I need to boost it a couple more inches so the corners arent hosed in the gun games

Got a picture of the area you need spaced? I don't know how any of your stuff is attached to anything else.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Already have Doom, looks like I'm grabbing Dishonored 2 instead of Warhammer. I'll wait for a bigger price drop on that one.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

at the date posted:

Even if Doom were the best game ever, the glory kills gross me out

Look at this poor dude with the broke brain

I'm sorry about your bad brain, my dude

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 28, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Look at this poor dude with the broke brain

I'm sorry about your bad brain, my dude

I wish the chainsaw didn't use fuel.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I wish the chainsaw didn't use fuel.

Yeah but then you'd just kill everything with it and there would be even less of a challenge.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yeah but then you'd just kill everything with it and there would be even less of a challenge.

Don't judge me.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Don't judge me.

:911:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Its easy to get ganged with the chainsaw in old Doom, I don't see why that would change with the new one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Got a picture of the area you need spaced? I don't know how any of your stuff is attached to anything else.

i grabbed a set off of amazon. gonna try and move the cab in later today (its gonna snow tomorrow) and i'll take some pics when im doing it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Sweet. I'm actually curious about the project as a whole, anyway.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Speaking of Nintendo games...I got a Raspberry Pi 3b for Christmas. I popped a 32 gig microsd card in it and installed Retropie. Now I have all the Atari 2600, NES, Sega Master System, SNES, Genesis, MAME, and N64 (although some run like poo poo) games I could ever want to play. I even have half a dozen PSX games on it and they run like they did natively. This makes me glad I didn't try to go for the NES Classic that has been out of stock everywhere.

Does retropie come with all the roms?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Does retropie come with all the roms?

No but they are pretty easy to stumble across in the usual places.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I can tell it's time to stop playing MGS V for the day when I get lazy and just kill everyone. :black101:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
brb gonna go grind some side ops in an APE with the doggo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Time to get your hopes up for something cool and wait until Disney issues a Cease and Desist a couple weeks before it's ready to be played

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/here-is-star-wars-x-wing-being-recreated-in-unity-engine/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrqtmKazpI

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just wish they could somehow make a modern version of JK2, with the dismemberment cheats on that was the best lightsaber combat ever. Slow time, run along a wall with your saber out, land and pan the camera around to watch some poor fuckin stormtrooper topple over while he head rolls across the floor in slow motion. It was like the Matrix before The Matrix ever existed.

PS Titanfall 2 rules so hard guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So I'm a year or so late and n MGSV but whatever. Played a chunk of Ground Zeroes, realized I still suck at stealth and have no clue what the gently caress is going on, so I hopped over to Phantom Pain. Just finished the prologue and Jesus fire whales :stare:

• Locked thread