Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'll take it if you don't want it. What's it look like? Is it an artbook or something, I loving love artbooks, and Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Totally unrelated to anything, but I want to thank the goon who described the strange pale musclebound nerd as a strange pale musclebound nerd, because he still makes me giggle every time I see him show up in a stream.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Got my AGDQ shirt zari-gani's work is amazing as usual

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Captain Invictus posted:

I'll take it if you don't want it. What's it look like? Is it an artbook or something, I loving love artbooks, and Zelda.

If it's the zelda book Kari Fry did it's pretty awesome and very, very detailed.
http://www.fangamer.com/products/legend-of-the-hero

Also that glow in the dark ink looks perfect wow, go nina.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

flyboi posted:

Thank you, you're the first person to show what it looks like with the lights off. Can I post this on my twitter? (My shirt hasn't arrived yet.)

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

zari-gani posted:

Thank you, you're the first person to show what it looks like with the lights off. Can I post this on my twitter? (My shirt hasn't arrived yet.)

Sure go for it. If you want I can redo the lights-off pic and doctor it so it shows up a little better

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

flyboi posted:

Sure go for it. If you want I can redo the lights-off pic and doctor it so it shows up a little better

That's okay, I can raise the contrast a little in Photoshop. Thanks again.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Does Yetee do reprints of shirts if you contact them? My Troupple King shirt has some colors messed up and I also accidentally got the wrong size so I'm not sure if they can even reprint them.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Aurora posted:

Does Yetee do reprints of shirts if you contact them? My Troupple King shirt has some colors messed up and I also accidentally got the wrong size so I'm not sure if they can even reprint them.

Yetee purposely overprints its sales numbers, just email their customer service. It might take awhile for you to get a new shirt but it should definitely be possible. They just won't sell people individual shirts if they missed the sale date.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

flyboi posted:

I forgot to buy any of the shirts because my weekend got busy out of nowhere. I'm so sad. :smith:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

My Troupple King shirt came in today.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
This thread's a bit dead but hopefully people won't mind one last necro for this momentous news: KevinDDR got GM in Terror Instinct, becoming only the 6th person worldwide to do so. http://www.twitch.tv/kevinddr/b/617073091?t=2h24m0s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it was awesome to hear that, good on him.

I just got around to the Ninja Gaiden relay race last night. Holy poo poo, might just be the best run of any GDQ I've seen yet.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

TheQat posted:

This thread's a bit dead but hopefully people won't mind one last necro for this momentous news: KevinDDR got GM in Terror Instinct, becoming only the 6th person worldwide to do so. http://www.twitch.tv/kevinddr/b/617073091?t=2h24m0s

Holy gently caress.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

flyboi posted:

I just got mine yesterday as well. Awesome shirt. Wish they had made a poster of it as well.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TheQat posted:

That was excellent, thanks for sharing. Kinda feel bad for missing it when it happened live, but drat that was entertaining to watch, his reaction at the end is the best.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just finished the Castlevania runs, and I've gotten to the Animal Crossing run. It sounds like it might be either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever, is it worth the watch?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Everyone who recommended it to you was doing so ironically. Basically they explain what the goal of the run is (earn X amount of bells and no longer be a slave to Tom Nook), explain the exploit they use and then it's more than half an hour of using the exploit to grind bells. Ta-dah.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, nobody recommended it, I just think the idea of speedrunning a game like Animal Crossing could be hilarious if it involves completely breaking the game, but exploiting a single bug and otherwise just doing things "quickly" is boring. Only when it's borderline-savant level like with the Ninja Gaiden runs is regular gameplay speedrunning fun to watch. Thanks for saving me fifty minutes!

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Captain Invictus posted:

Just finished the Castlevania runs, and I've gotten to the Animal Crossing run. It sounds like it might be either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever, is it worth the watch?

If you've played Animal Crossing, I think it's worth seeing the very beginning and the very end when the just show off some other non-speedrunning glitch, but definitely not the whole thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I only played a little bit of AC honestly, so I skipped it.

That blindfolded Yoshi's Island run though, and then Accordian%, that was soooo goooood!

Is the regular Yoshi's Island run worth watching or is it basically the same as last year's?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It's worth watching because it was a race that stayed relatively close for most of the run. Plus teleporting to 1-1 midlevel shenanigans.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

TheQat posted:

Jesus Christ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I only played a little bit of AC honestly, so I skipped it.

That blindfolded Yoshi's Island run though, and then Accordian%, that was soooo goooood!

Is the regular Yoshi's Island run worth watching or is it basically the same as last year's?
I didn't see last year's but I thought the Yoshi's Island run was great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'll give it a watch then. Anything else past the blindfolded yoshi run that's must-see? I've watched everything I've wanted to from before that so far. Got the Half Life 2 video queued up as well, as I want to see someone beat that in 50 minutes, because of course

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I'll give it a watch then. Anything else past the blindfolded yoshi run that's must-see? I've watched everything I've wanted to from before that so far. Got the Half Life 2 video queued up as well, as I want to see someone beat that in 50 minutes, because of course
Yeah, Arkham City, Vice City, the Pokemon Blue no save corruption run are all great, and the Super Mario RPG and KHII Final Mix runs are fantastic but also really long. I'd suggest putting them on while you're doing something else.

EDIT: The KHII run is hilarious because they sing Disney songs during the Gummi Ship sections and do a surprisingly decent job.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow, I skipped Arkham City because I was never really into the Batman games, it's a great run then? I'll put it in the queue, thanks!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow, I skipped Arkham City because I was never really into the Batman games, it's a great run then? I'll put it in the queue, thanks!

If you haven't played Arkham City, you probably should, as it's fantastic. The run is excellent as well, as he uses a ton of world geometry clips and precision gliding to do a ton of rapid-fire sequence breaks. If you've ever played any sort of open-world semiplatformer (Assassin's Creed, etc) you'll love it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I haven't. I need to upgrade my pc, it's nearly 7 years old at this point.

That yoshi race was outstanding, hadn't noticed it was a race before skipping it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Now that I have my shirts I really wish they had made the Kill/Save the animals shirt into two shirts. I like the Kill design way more than the save design.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Crain posted:

Now that I have my shirts I really wish they had made the Kill/Save the animals shirt into two shirts. I like the Kill design way more than the save design.

lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crain posted:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lol wut? What'd I say? Or did I just out myself as a alphanerd for wanting to kill the animals.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Wear the shirt in the dark :ssh:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gamma Nerd posted:

He knows that. He's saying he'd prefer if they were 2 separate designs so he could just have kill the animals always and not save

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Oh he did say "the kill/save shirt" :doh:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Gamma Nerd posted:

If i had known it was glowy, I would have bought one. My order finally arrived though! :toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well since it seems like nobody else is going to finish the "must watch" list, I made a list for a friend of stuff I watched and enjoyed, here it is if anyone would like it. I've added things in chronological order starting from the oldest, and have only added things I've watched up to the current one(Batman Arkham City), also the I Wanna Be The Guy runs from last year for my friend so he has some context for Boshy(also because they're fun runs)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn1qwaDupAXjRb3w_drplff9qgWYgXfty

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Neat! Thanks dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure, I'll be adding more runs I like as I watch more. Any recommendations as well are appreciated, especially of stuff not on the list but before Batman Arkham City, as I skipped some stuff I wasn't really interested in, but can give a shot if it's considered a great and entertaining run with good commentary.

• Locked thread