Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Social Media posted:

That huge drop from Battleblock to Super Marisa Land :cawg:

On one hand, I want to defend it because Battleblock went on way past my bedtime and I'm part of the group who went to bed the second it finished.

On the other hand, if it wasn't bed time for me, I would've tuned out anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

snodig posted:

I would argue that some of the runs become a lot more interesting if you know what to look for. Makes you appreciate when the runner clutch a hard glitch or segment.

It's also super interesting if you think you know a run since you last saw it a year ago, then the runner breaks out some new trick or glitch that was recently discovered and bends the game in a way you weren't expecting.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Holy poo poo how the hell did the donations jump to 1.3 million? I know Humble Bundle donated 200k but that still leaves another 200k that seemingly came out of nowhere over night. It was stuck at 910k when I went to sleep.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Alright, short, quick summary of what went wrong with the donation tracker.

There's was a latent bug in the way that incoming Paypal notifications were processed, and one "bad" notification (not really bad but it was enough to trigger the bug) led to the creation of a donor that was in a corrupted state.

Due to details I'll go over later, that corrupted donor was enough to prevent anybody who had not donated in the past from successfully donating. I'm not 100% sure on when this happened, but judging from the Paypal notification logs it started happening on the 8th.

After sifting through some of the logs, there may be as much as :siren: $427k :siren: in donations that never got properly processed until I fixed the bug.

That said, we still have all of the notifications and can potentially "replay" them to get them properly sorted. Some of them will get replayed by Paypal itself, which is why the donation total is still rising so much even after the stream went down, as we're now getting donations from the last X hours that are being properly handled.

tl;dr: gently caress everything I'm going to bed

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Aristophanes posted:

Are you okay?

I didn't even notice he typed like that.

It's like a 90s chain e-mail all over again :stare:

• Locked thread