Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

UltraJMan; I don't think he's run anything for a while but has been in attendance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blechy owned and holy poo poo, I need that Save/Kill the Animals shirt.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think he said Carmack.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Did the guy just accidentally say SomethingAwful instead of SomethingArtistic?

edit: I guess so; out yourself Goon.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This game looks like mad poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Eonwe posted:

imagine not liking a platformer run by pj & mecharichter with dev commentary

lol

Says a lot about the lovely game. :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dash O Pepper posted:

Also no Rareware games at all.

This is some dumb poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

dragon enthusiast posted:

uncharted was temporarily resident evil 4

Uncharted was legit interesting and last year's RE4 run was pretty bad, didn't he use New Game+ weapons and poo poo that trivialized the whole game?

Dias posted:

I agree. The concept and the planning is interesting, the execution not so much. Plus they tend to be long.

I think the issue with JRPG runs is that if you haven't played the game you don't really understand what's going on even if the commentator is really good. Usually when they run JRPGs I watch it with a friend who loves them and he goes into all of the specific details of what exactly is skipped and I get somewhat of a sense of what just happened but ultimately I'm still :what: about it. When you're not walking on air, moving at speeds that anyone can clearly see wasn't intended or clipping through poo poo it really just becomes a playthrough for most people.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

theultimo posted:

He's here, not running anything.

He hasn't been running stuff recently either has he? Every time I see him on he's playing Smash 4.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

katkillad2 posted:

This is one of those you aren't going to enjoy every run situations, because I think the Zelda 2 stuff has been fantastic.

Yeah, it's a shame he didn't finish this run. :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Man these guys are close, this is almost as good as last years LTTP race.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drat that was close, sucks for that last death but the dude took is pretty well so all's well.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This dude loving owns.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Has anyone YouTubed the Boshy run? I missed it and you guys are praising it a ton so I want to give a watch.

Also, god drat, this dude always has stuff to say about the game and it's enjoyable as all hell, reminds me of Monopoli's run of Halo 2 last year.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thanks, but I have to put it on hold until Big John bodies this game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SereneCrimson posted:

I'm not digging this run so much.
I understand he's really good at the game, but it doesn't feel like a speed run. With the life getting at the start, and a lot more pauses than I've seen in some lost levels runs.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a difficult game and he's good. And I really enjoy the enthusiasm he's putting into this.
I just feel like it could be faster. I like the runner more than I like the run.

Still this beats the hell out of a bunch of runs from this event though.

I think the issue with Lost Levels is a lot of it is random when compared to other 2D Marios so he has to play kinda safe so it's not filled with deaths.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gamma Nerd posted:

actually blueglass is also a really good guy

I love me some Blueglass, he always asks really simple questions about games he's never played and they're usually things that I would probably ask if I were there so it's fun to watch but I'm not really big on his Ecco runs. Probably because I'm not the biggest fan of the game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dias posted:

Ecco is very random and it looks kinda boring.

Yeah, this basically.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

snodig posted:

Oh look, Caleb sporting a tank top in the back. How surprising.

:stare:

Why the hell did he do that?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RyokoTK posted:

That run was absolutely one of the high points of SGDQ, mostly because of Goose's completely unironic cheerleading.

Didn't they WR the category too?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lessail posted:

they are overselling this a bit much

Have you played it?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was Proton John banned from here for never finishing his lps?

This owns if true.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nipplebox posted:

Compared to the previous runs, it's jarring how slow and generic the New SMB games are.

It's because this game was designed in mind for 4 people running around together, so all of the levels are wide open and empty. The game has terrible level designs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gamma Nerd posted:

The NSMB games are just bad and boring in general tbh

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gibbo posted:

No, but most twitch users and speedrunners do.

So you're saying Twitch is more active at night? You do realize that the stream usually gets around 110K~ during the day and it's 74K right now because people are asleep right? I'm willing to bet a good chunk of those views are people that have also just left the stream open for the evening.

Austrian mook posted:

I can see how people not familiar with Fire Emblem wouldn't really understand what's going on or why what's being done is impressive.

This; I have no clue what's going on and the visuals and audio aren't good enough to really keep me watching for three hours.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Austrian mook posted:

Well but Awakening was the best selling game in franchise history and I don't really know anyone who gives a poo poo about Kingdom Hearts. Not saying you're wrong, I just don't know anything about Kingdom Hearts, not my cup of tea I guess.

Kingdom Hearts is a huge loving thing, it's caters towards Disney and Square fans so it selling like crazy is to be expected, I don't think Fire Emblem's sales are even remotely comparable. Not saying Gibbo has a point, because he should really just shut up, but KH is really, really god drat big.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Austrian mook posted:

Huh, weird. I haven't looked at any numbers or anything I just don't know anyone who gives a gently caress about KH and I know lots of people who played Awakening.

Kingdom Hearts is popular enough that with only two main games (both of which of had "Final Mix" editions), it has 4 minor titles (some of which have been remade), three mobile games and swaths of merchandise. There was also a HD re-releases of 6 of the games recently.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jesus does everyone casually run Yoshi's Island because it seems like everyone knows how to run it on Sagan's stream.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Austrian mook posted:

Yoshi's Island loving owns.

I know but most of the people running it I've never seen run it before.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

gently caress this game owns.

edit: What's all of this Forsen Boys bullshit?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

D:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This owns but... when she dies... what the hell is drifting down? I want to say they look like Panties, because :japan: but I hope I'm wrong.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

see you tomorrow posted:

You can't understand how good this guy is at this unless you've actually tried to play this game

This. I picked up the 3DS title but I assume it's just as balls hard as the SNES game and probably easier.

Kikas posted:

It's her backpack.

I was thinking that but the way it falls through me off. Welp.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Your Computer posted:

Decided to google it :catstare:

The gameplay seems really fun, but god damnit anime.

And people were surprised with my initial reactions. lol

She looks nothing like that in-game and mirrors the SNES design, I think that poo poo's just on the menu.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Cool I don't know why I remember hearing that the 3ds version was a bit hosed so thats why I was asking. Awesome definitely getting it then!!!!!!!!

It's only hosed if you play with the 3D on, the framerate takes a noticeable hit though the game hardly has any 3D effect anyway so you shouldn't care.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gamerofthegame posted:

does guile's theme go with waiting?

the world needs to know

It's definitely getting me excited for Tetris; it's magical.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This mix-up owns.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cubey posted:

this is the greatest song i have ever heard

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

...an hour of tetris??

Imagine if Gibbo wasn't probated he'd have a field day complaining about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm liking the donation gimmicks for this, this should own.

• Locked thread