Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is going to be awesome, also can't wait to see the TASbot mystery game.

but yea, people are going to talk about drama and TC isn't a minimod just because he created the thread so for the people that are annoyed about drama discussion just remember that if you respond and complain about that poo poo it just draws the discussion out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also Shovel Knight run is going to be baller and capndrake is currently practicing here

http://www.speedrunslive.com/#!/Capndrake

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pumpinglemma posted:

I'm looking forward to Battleblock Theater. That game is vicious enough to 100% solo, and PJ and Mecha Richter are doing a 100% co-op run. Plus the narrator's going to be on Skype.

I have no idea how Binding of Isaac is going to work. I don't think they're playing Rebirth (since it only came out in November), so unless someone's figured out a hack they'll be on different seeds. It's appeared at a *GDQ before and that was a trainwreck - hopefully it will go better this time.

battleblock theatre co-op runs are great, I watched them on twitch do some runs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im really glad there isn't a really long final fantasy rounding out the last day

some people must like it, but I've found them to be really boring

the 3 hr ff vii run is pretty acceptable

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Dish posted:

I'm sure just you, Eonwe, was the only person to find the long boring JRPG speedrun of a long boring JRPG, long and boring, and certainly not every other poster in the AGDQ thread.

i dont even know what the gently caress this is supposed to imply

literally all I said is im glad its not happening but admitting that some people must like it

was i mean to you in another thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
obviously they did them in the past for some reason, so i dont get the point of your post is what im trying to say

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the only thing I can think of is trying to grab donations from people that might not normally watch, but yea starcraft 2 run is boring as gently caress as well

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

Wasn't that one of those runs that went on forever, too? Ugh.

A big surprise for me last year was that Halo run. Or was it Halo 2? I don't care enough about the series to know which game is which, obviously, but the runner did a great job of taking a game I don't give a drat about and putting on an interesting show.

goatrope does an awesome halo run

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stringball posted:

Id love to see a hard mode LA mulana but with no ultra j man or whatever his name was

e: id donate to not have him commentate at all, let alone not even play the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXy_X4QqjM

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that was Naegleria and I think they patched everything up but he is a huge douche also

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Myriad posted:

I actually just finished watching AGDQ2013 FFIX run 10 minutes ago and quite enjoyed it :(. Had lots of good commentary and the people running it seemed cool.

I understand! Its not my thing, but they put it in probably because people like it and it brings money. Glad you enjoyed it!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

There's an imp zone thread if you want to talk about dumb speedrunner drama instead of the actual speedruns and I'm sure you can make a gbs thread if you just want to say cuck over and over

I'll take about speedruns AND drama in both threads tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like when people try to make a post that looks low effort but edit it after the fact to make it more low effort

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kewpuh posted:

i dont really give a poo poo about whatever this thread is about but god drat you make some bad posts

Kewpuh when starts tomorrow you should watch and its really cool and fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anatharon posted:

Bad games usually have better runs than good games, because imo at least watching someone play a game pretty well isn't nearly as interesting as watching someone break the heck out of a game.

Agreed. Lesser known and bad game runs are usually way more fun to watch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tropical freeze is a great gdq starter

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KennyMan666 posted:

We have shirts

http://www.theyetee.com/agdq/

That Save/Kill the animals one, holy poo poo.

They own, ordered a triple xl shirt

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
by the way

if you guys haven't seen Runnerguy's blindfolded child dungeons OOT run its crazy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they're ballin

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive had someone give me a margarita with a bud light lime bottle turned upside down in it before instead of a corona

it was ok i guess

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

highlights starting now!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is there a google doc showing the donation incentives and the amounts toward the goals

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thats what I was looking for! Thanks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sticky thread hype

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

Of course you do. I've been doing radio and TV for like a decade and it isn't something that everyone can just do without plenty of practice. To expect RomScout to effortlessly pull off something like that effortlessly is absurd and your attack on him was uncalled for. He mentioned all the important sponsors and intro'd the event, what else do you want from a charity function?

who cares

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trip report: this run owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A.G.Pennypacker posted:

So we all agree that Blueglass is everything that's right with the world, right?

he is a legit good guy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
singing%

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MrBims posted:

Let's kick cancer in the flanker guys

yea fire donation reader please

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dev penis jokes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol that is easily the douchiest part of that entire thing. I've never really given a poo poo about the actual 'scandal' since they're all adults and made their own decisions, whatever, but lmfao he banged with a dude's wife then took to a public forum to smugly lecture him on what a great a catch she is. What an rear end in a top hat :lol:

lol yea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rW7LSUQ80

donation "from SamSVG"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dizz posted:

Holy poo poo is this true?

yep he drove home with his wife there in a different room getting drunk with a bunch of virgins ready to get their gently caress on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also they are mormon lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank gently caress this run is almost over so we can have some awesome runs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:heysexy:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey, nothing against anyone who likes Banjo Kazooie runs but gently caress you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please nobody let radman on the couch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's the most fun part, I suggest punishing the reporters for being buzzkills.

if you report people on something awful in tyool 2015 then i dont even know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Um, My Beloved Family Member Went Out To 'The Farm' Last Month And I Hear That They Have A Big Field To Play In, Which Sounds Nice. Anyways, Have A Nice Day And Enjoy This $25 Dollars. *camera pans back to people playing boring as gently caress racing game for 2 hours*

:lol:

• Locked thread