Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

beep by grandpa posted:

Nope, super metroid race was pretty much the most incredible thing I've ever seen on a stream- you couldn't even intentionally fix that to be any more compelling or exciting. Fantastic espn commentary from sinister and duckfist(?) too.

I think they're doing that for the Ninja Gaiden relay race this year(the commentary style).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Oh wow, that vine. This Uncharted run is pretty drat great.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Some of the earlier kind of crappy runs like the Cart Racers could have honestly been saved by having couch commentators that were equally as good as these. Commentary is so important in these marathons and some people just seem to be bad at it even with like 4 people on the couch.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Gibbo posted:

Can someone explain why this trash (fire emblem) was chosen over say, theClaude doing FFT or a number of other runs? Or at the very least not shunted to some middle of the night timeslot?

The "donation incentive" for choosing the game raised very little money, and the number of viewers crashed as soon as it started.

It's so bad even the fedora guys left.

My random first guess would be that the Fire Emblem fandom brings in a decent amount of donations.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Or the Legitimately Good Games block.

e: Who is the third guy on the couch? He looks really familiar.

That's cyghfer, I believe he's ran this game, and has the WR in a bunch of random stuff, including some of the classic Mega Mans.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Puwexil is a good commentator, and that's a strong couch in general, so this run should be a good watch even if your not a big fan of FF7.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Yeah the saves he loaded up were just at points in time in the game where your party didn't have a forced party member, so he was able to sub in a team of all dead guys.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

argondamn posted:

I really don't know who either of these runners are.

#4 and #5 behind zoast, kott, and ivan I believe, unless that has change recently.

Edit: Just looked it up, and yeah that looks to be the case.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's gonna be up to European and Asian viewers donating their pounds, yen, and other moon monies to get us over 1 million.

We're actually already well over 1 million with the Humble Bundle stuff, I'm not sure if we've quite beaten last years total or not yet though.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Paused posted:

Yeah, true. I more meant this might be better in Bonus stream? Its great and I'm happy to watch; but I'm a speedrun fan. Just can see alot of people who are not speedrun fans get bored at the occasional many multiple resets?

Are you sure your actually a speedrun fan if you get bored by many resets?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

The room will probably fill up pretty good near the end of the run, but yeah finales that run late into the AMs are always like this.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

There's also the Gunnars or whatever advertisement in the one Half life run, although I think that maybe was supposed to be ironic? It was pretty dumb anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

This current run actually has a lot of cool tech so far, and he's doing a decent job at explaining it all, so I'm not minding this at all.

• Locked thread