Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Heavy_D posted:

Ideas you have too late for agdq: wsplit running during the marathon, with splits for donations landmarks

$10,000_____03:21:56
$50,000_____10:12:00
$1,000,000_167:43:23

(getting the actual times from agdq2014, rather than made up values, is where thinking of it in advance would have helped...)

Then you could have it running as something to switch to during set-up times, and obviously split each time the 2015 total reaches a milestone.

Ah, the $1,000,000% category. AGDQ 2014 hit this in 5 days 16 hours 14 minutes, if my note here is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

That entire run was so unbelievably hype. I've never even beaten GX's story mode and he completely clowned it.

For my money the best moment in all of AGDQ 2014 was that straight line dash mission, where CGN is bribed into deliberately skipping a capsule. Just after "Oh wait, he doesn't have enough boost so this is going to be a little--", there's this beautiful gap of a few seconds where nobody in the whole room is breathing. Then he makes it with like 0.9 seconds to spare and the crowd goes wild. It's like something out of a film.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Gibbo posted:

Pretty much any Rare game will crumble if stressed.

All the Dankey Kangs, Perfect Dark is "clip through wall, reach each objective, finish level", Banjo, I'm not sure about Goldeneye.

I only know of one clip-through-walls problem in all of Perfect Dark and GoldenEye, and that's the Defection glitch on the first level of PD. Both games are annoyingly solid on a technical level.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Maybe grouping games into blocks by console would improve setup times?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Whatever the result is, there needs to be a plan for dead air. The set up issues this time meant that there was a lot of standing around and not doing anything while UraniumAnchor figured it out. You can only hit the donations and sponsors so many times so take a cue from professional sports announcing and talk up the run that's about to start or what programming is upcoming. Talk about the game, talk with the guy who just finished the run. It basically comes down to talk to someone.

At least one other person has been suggesting someone should have a roving camera to look at the audience or the player's hands or whatever else is interesting at the time. Maybe that person should be empowered to conduct interviews as well?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
So, were the commentators on this year's Ninja Gaiden relay race the same as the commentators on last year's Super Metroid race? Either way, get those folks back, they've got the needed qualities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

All these and not one called "I Am The Guy"?

• Locked thread