Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I know this is the most nitpicky thing in the world, but the framerate on the last two or so marathons has been a bit choppy, at least for 60 fps games. It's a shame watching games like Super Mario 3D World or F-Zero GX that normally have a rock-solid framerate looking less spectacular because the source video is frequently dropping to 30 fps.

It happens in the official videos put up on archive.org as well, but now that 60 fps videos can be uploaded to Youtube it will be easier to appreciate how smooth these games can look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

UraniumAnchor posted:

I'll also be reuploading the SGDQ2014 videos at some point, since they FINALLY enabled 60fps about a week after I finished uploading everything. :argh:

Thanks, I appreciate the effort.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

i really should grind out my Sonic Generations Unleashed Project times and do a run of that.

I wonder if there will be a new version of that mod soon. I've seen videos from Gdario's Youtube that have new features like the original drifting animation and directional boosters.

Hopefully the new version will somehow let you play the Sonic portions of Eggmanland, because it's just not Sonic Unleashed without it :twisted:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Incoherence posted:

They'd have to be some completely ridiculous skips to make the game even remotely watchable in a marathon setting.

Anything's better than watching them get stuck in some geometry and skipping to the end of the level.

The problem with Unleashed is that you need to find Sun medals in Werehog stages to unlock normal Sonic stages, and vice versa. In an Unleashed Mod run you can just show off the fastest route through each stage and with no downtime between them.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Dr. Stab posted:

I could fit like 3 beyond: two souls speedruns in that time. I'll be for sure submitting that.

Any cool skips, besides skipping cutscenes?

Also, how many people are dead in the ending? I know the only person guaranteed to die is that old Native American woman.

• Locked thread