Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Shabadu posted:

Bonus Stream. Medibot is doing stuff at the event but its nebulous as to what else and when.

Medibot is nebulous. A liar and a wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Azazell0 posted:

Speaking of livestreamer, wasn't there a way to watch the stream through it instead of Twitch's own window?

on windows (with livestreamer and VLC both installed):

open cmd

type in
code:
livestreamer twitch.tv/gamesdonequick source
hit enter

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Crain posted:

Omg these guys are so bad about interrupting the announcer. Like not even talking at the same time just straight up talking over him when he's halfway through a donation.

good. donations are awful, commentary is the reason people actually watch these things

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Frequently, even before MKWii, the stream would stutter if the "ad banner" refreshed. But in MKWii, it would stutter EVERY TIME the banner refreshed, stutter WORSE, and even stutter arbitrarily.

fix yo poo poo

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

the only possible way that Twitchchat could have been any better is if they'd rigged a Bandai Satelliview to stream the chat instead of the controller ports.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Have my babies.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Didn't they recently rerelease it with a new top-level world that made it a little less annoying?

Also, everything up through Laboratory is pretty easy to run. The main things that kill 100% runs is the ! levels (Kilo Difficult -> Yotta Difficult) -- it wouldn't be impossible to do a tourney% that basically did everything up through that, and then if you're ahead of schedule, you run the Difficults. But then, it'd be even better to just find someone who can consistently run them.

Yeah they just did a major revamp as "Dustforce DX".

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

never stop everdraed

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

excellent, vvvvvv (proununced like [a weird vibration noise]) made its incentive

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

TEAM CHAOTIX

THEY'RE DETECTIVES

YOU WANT ON YOUR SIDE

TEAM CHAOTIX

THEIR DIRECTIVE'S

TRACKING DOWN YOUR CRIME

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

InspectorCarbonara posted:

They should just play Sonic character theme music while we wait.

the opening 2 bars of live and learn will sustain me

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

legoman727 posted:

Years and years later, I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS is still great.`

It was one of the first "cutscenes" young DoctorWhat ever really experienced, and it's burned onto my heart.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

no no no, the real singalong has to be LIVE AND LEARN! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'M THE COOLEST

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

live and learn singalong is happening, i'm hype

i hope they know ALL the words. Lord knows I do.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

this live and learn is a disgrace

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i'm gonna scream live and learn into audacity and tweet the link to UraniumANchor

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Please do this

and then link it here

okay

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

after the generations run ends and I can safely stop watching the stream for a while, I'll record live and learn for the thread

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

To be fair, getting the courage up to sing a video game buttrock song you don't know the words to in front of 90k viewers isn't easy.

wtf

how can you not know the words to Live and Learn???

what is wrong with you if you're on-couch for a SA2 run and you don't have that poo poo memorized

jfc

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

the PC version of Generations also has a really robust modding community, including an INCREDIBLY polished port of the main "daytime" levels from Sonic Unleashed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Beasteh posted:

This guy is really bad at generations, holy hell :psyduck:

i mean maybe he's just a little rusty? But yeah, jeez, he's not even doing m-speed. I could do better w/ some prep time and practice.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah i think my no-skills PB for Sky Sanctuary Modern is about half a second faster than that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i'll do it after the generations run

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

oh there are definitely crazy tricks in generations. Out-of-bounds stuff, m-speed, etc. but he's not landed any of those yet apart from skipping 2d triggers, which is dead easy, and his "basic" play, especially in the Modern stages, is GOOD, but not spectacular.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

man if Talon doesn't make Rooftop Run Modern really goddamn hype I'll never forgive him

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ugh, that was pathetic. a wet fart.

I mean, _I_ can't do that trick at ALL reliably, I think I've managed it ONCE

but seriously

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

this isn't Rooftop Run. Rooftop Run is orange and sunny and full of balloons and European architecture and it, along with the original Unleashed version, is the Best Sonic Level Ever.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Minrad posted:

no out of bounds on city escape? isnt that way faster?

he's probably not good enough to even try

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah that requires m-speed, which is a technique he hasn't even MENTIONED, much less tried. It involves holding the analogue stick at a very precise, minute angle forward. I can't do it consistently enough to actually implement it into more than a couple of straightaways across the whole game.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

oh my god he's going to totally gently caress up the water-running, isn't he

i can't watch

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CALLED IT

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i can get to that cannon with boost to spare, like, EVERY TIME.

jfc

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i can't believe i loving called that choke.

how do you get on a GDQ running Generations and not know how to do that with 100% success

he can't m-speed, he can't SDJ, he can't even follow the SIMPLEST fastroutes reliably. What an embarrassment.

I could do that poo poo on my old shitbox laptop at only 20fps.

At least he can fish-cancel... and choke.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Minrad posted:

Even with chokes I think he's still S-ranked every stage, so it isn't that bad. If he comes in 11th on a stage then yeah we can say it's worse

s-ranks are crazy generous in Generations. If you don't die and take a decent route, you'll get an S.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Lord Chumley posted:

not knowing how to m-speed confirmed

why am I, noted mediocre-at-best-poster DoctorWhat, able to clown on this guy so easily?

I KNOW WHY: HE'S SHITE.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DarkspineSonic was on the couch for SA2 and he runs Generations and he's probably better than Talon is.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

best sonic song right here

even excluding the crush40-and-company buttrock, Rooftop Run would like to have a word with you.

Rooftop Run is made of orange and balloons and GOES FAST and the music is wonderful.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm talking more along the lines of the level designs in generations it just goes from cool, cheery looking levels and now sonic is in a loving hellscape fighting godzilla lizards.

Like where did it all go wrong.

and then, ROOFTOP RUN!

it went back to okay! Planet Wisp, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

OH MY GOD THIS ROOFTOP RUN MODERN RUN IS MAKING ME FURIOUS

HE RAN OUT OF BOOST BEFORE THE GODDAMN BARRELS, HE DIDN'T DO CLOCKTOWER SKIP (WHICH EVEN I CAN DO), HE'S NOT M-SPEEDING, HE'S poo poo poo poo poo poo!!!

fcuk

• Locked thread