Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This might be a problem, since this yeah Twitch disabled automatic recording of everything that you stream to a channel, making it so you can only save highlights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

poemdexter posted:

Blindfolded Punch Out was the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed during AGDQ and nothing will ever top it ever. EVER.

You mean blindfolded SUPER Punch Out! :colbert:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SeXReX posted:

the new rule is no cosplay unless it's related to the run.

Goddamnit and no Glover race this year :argh:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dominic White posted:

In all honestly, I'm gonna miss the silly costumes and touhou plushies. *GDQ is a carnival of shameless nerdery, and that's okay.

Yeah, it kinda seems weird that the organizers try so hard to make the event where lots of nerds play video games fast look less nerdy :v: But I guess at a point where you bring in a six zero sum into an account of a charity, you feel the need to look more "serious". I can get behind that, especially since it seems to go towards production values.

All in all, three Hours to go.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh hey it's Blueglass.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
DKR SUX BAD

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

argondamn posted:

This is actually a really awesome run but expect zero good commentary.
Isn't this basically the issue with every race save for the super Metroid one?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

So they've already broken the max viewer count from last year :psyduck:

Well I guess that being posted on Humble Bundle on the first day instead of halfway through is gonna help this year. Also Humble have grown so much last year it's crazy.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So 2 deaths that lent you end a level and now you're fast enough to actually damage yourself when hitting wals.

This is Speedrunning.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I love how some of the enemy death animations carried over from this all the way to Jedi Academy. Which is also a good speedgame.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Of course Dark Side is faster.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Blind clip into a slope breaking your fall is what I love the most about FPS speedruns like HL2.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat that boss was not cooperating at all. Still a very good run.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Vaah posted:

Oh boy, Quake II. Time for some HUNH

It's a hop, skip and a jump of a speedrun.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Diddie posted:

Doesn't help that this game is a lot slower than Dark Forces

Ah, at the point where you shotgun boost a Strog upwards so you can crawl under it to avoid combat it's still entertaining. And the guy doesn't do a terrible job commenting while playing.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
All right they got some crowd into the shot.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Looks like it's the Megaton version (the one on Steam), which uses an OpenGL renderer and actually allows decent looking up/down.

And mouse support.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ramadu posted:

THat was pretty cool. Time for descent also a cool game. Does anyone have a link to the Dark Forces 2 speedrun?

You'll have to wait for the next time they reset the stream, cause that's when the VODs go up on twitch. And however long it takes them to put them up in the Reddit thread you can link/make a sticky tab of to get all the VODs when they go up.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cerebulon posted:

That seems a little bit delayed in being updated. Somebody linked a youtube playlist in the comments which I believe is an automatic upload of the runs as they finish:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_NsA72Bgro96PNeBjK7G07qQ1PtCTrVe
It's completely up to date.

Oh hell yes this is great I didn't know this existed this is amazing.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Dramatic zoom!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I want to say, screw everyone who says that there are runs at ridiculous hours and yet is in the american timezone. This scheulde is even worse if you're in Europe :( Although a lot better than last year, but BBT started at 3:15 AM here, Uncharted was at 6AM, and the whole Megaman block starts at 4:30AM. Good thing there are recordings, or else I'd be poo poo out of luck when it comes to watching a lot of the really good speedruns here.
Not complaining about the scheulde itself, stuff like this is INEVITABLE when making something that runs 24h a day for a week.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think that the lack of couch/audience mic is because they got those nearly-invisible headsets for runners, and having another mic on top of that would be hell to mix. Also the runner audio is going out to the audience, so there is a hight chance of a looping sound and I prefer some quieter moments on the stream then screeching noises coming out of my headphones/speakers.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
AW gently caress YEAH IT'S BOSHY TIME! And it's a 100% :woop:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"Prevent Charity Foundation" is one of the funniest slips this year.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

"I dont know what you said lady im trying to speedgame"
:allears:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think he's also loving KILLING it time-wise, this might be a really good time.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hahah that wave.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamn this is a... I don't know, there is a really nice, friendly atmosphere surrounding this run. Like we sit down in front of the TV on chirstmas and uncle Big John plays some video games for us.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
First time that people singing something at AGDQ is not awful and cringeworthy.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SereneCrimson posted:

I'm not digging this run so much.
I understand he's really good at the game, but it doesn't feel like a speed run. With the life getting at the start, and a lot more pauses than I've seen in some lost levels runs.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a difficult game and he's good. And I really enjoy the enthusiasm he's putting into this.
I just feel like it could be faster. I like the runner more than I like the run.

Still this beats the hell out of a bunch of runs from this event though.

i think if it were faster, it would be a TAS or at least not maraton safe AT ALL.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"Let's play this level like I'd normally play it"

And I'm just like :catstare:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I was not scared.
And Peach got paved.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

I love me some Blueglass, he always asks really simple questions about games he's never played and they're usually things that I would probably ask if I were there so it's fun to watch but I'm not really big on his Ecco runs. Probably because I'm not the biggest fan of the game.

Oh yeah, that's an amazing thing that Blueglass does, he has like a superpower when it comes to encouraging runners to explain the runs.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well at least we get Duckfist, he's really good on the commentary as well.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh, I thought it was just me.

Also I have no idea why do you give shitposters attention and quote their posts and call out the naysayers. Just keep high-fiving and patting the backs of everyone who is super hyped for the event and just starve the haters for attention.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This looks like a nice race, that started with a 4 frame trick :psyduck:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also it seems usedpizza doesn't have a mic?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

40 seconds behind at the start of Great Cave. It's going to take a major error on Oxwas's part to even things out again. Not impossible, but it hasn't happened often in GDQ races.

And as I was typing that message things might have shifted a bit. Good timing.

But... usedpizza is ahead....

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I stopped watching for like five minutes to watch something on youtube how did usedpizza go from ~25 seconds back to ~10 ahead?

Oxwas tried to show off for a bit, got hit and his power got stuck in a hard place to reach. He recovered, but it cost him the lead. That and he missed a quick kill right after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamn this music owns.

• Locked thread