Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So is that commented list of "what's hot to watch" going to be put in the second post or did that get scrapped? I've been watching some runs every so often but it'd help to know what are the truly good ones to not skip. I've tended to skip stuff I've not played since I just don't have that same interest as I would with something like Zelda or Super Metroid, but some of the best ones I've seen so far(Tetris, Battleblock, Boshy) have been games I've not played. I tried watching some runs of games that looked interesting and had neat glitches, but then the commentating or general tone of the room was garbage. Like that...gently caress, what was it...the japanese platformer that never came to the US that had a wizard girl, the name escapes me. That seemed like a pretty fun one but the commentating was kinda crappy/way too injokey to really get into, and the stonefaced people in the background any time I glanced over at the couch stream didn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

I think he means the Magical Pop'N run.

That's the one, that looks like a decently fun game, but the commentators weren't very good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just finished the Kaizo Mario run and moved on to the next, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and I am totally blanking on the music playing at the start of the video, can anyone tell me? I KNOW what it is, but I am just completely brain farting on what it's from, it's an ending theme of some sort and I've definitely heard it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apnPMUsRm94

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I KNEW it was a Mario game! That explains it, I haven't played that game in probably twenty years. Thanks man!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 22, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'll take it if you don't want it. What's it look like? Is it an artbook or something, I loving love artbooks, and Zelda.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it was awesome to hear that, good on him.

I just got around to the Ninja Gaiden relay race last night. Holy poo poo, might just be the best run of any GDQ I've seen yet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just finished the Castlevania runs, and I've gotten to the Animal Crossing run. It sounds like it might be either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever, is it worth the watch?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah, nobody recommended it, I just think the idea of speedrunning a game like Animal Crossing could be hilarious if it involves completely breaking the game, but exploiting a single bug and otherwise just doing things "quickly" is boring. Only when it's borderline-savant level like with the Ninja Gaiden runs is regular gameplay speedrunning fun to watch. Thanks for saving me fifty minutes!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I only played a little bit of AC honestly, so I skipped it.

That blindfolded Yoshi's Island run though, and then Accordian%, that was soooo goooood!

Is the regular Yoshi's Island run worth watching or is it basically the same as last year's?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'll give it a watch then. Anything else past the blindfolded yoshi run that's must-see? I've watched everything I've wanted to from before that so far. Got the Half Life 2 video queued up as well, as I want to see someone beat that in 50 minutes, because of course

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow, I skipped Arkham City because I was never really into the Batman games, it's a great run then? I'll put it in the queue, thanks!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I haven't. I need to upgrade my pc, it's nearly 7 years old at this point.

That yoshi race was outstanding, hadn't noticed it was a race before skipping it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well since it seems like nobody else is going to finish the "must watch" list, I made a list for a friend of stuff I watched and enjoyed, here it is if anyone would like it. I've added things in chronological order starting from the oldest, and have only added things I've watched up to the current one(Batman Arkham City), also the I Wanna Be The Guy runs from last year for my friend so he has some context for Boshy(also because they're fun runs)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn1qwaDupAXjRb3w_drplff9qgWYgXfty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure, I'll be adding more runs I like as I watch more. Any recommendations as well are appreciated, especially of stuff not on the list but before Batman Arkham City, as I skipped some stuff I wasn't really interested in, but can give a shot if it's considered a great and entertaining run with good commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why not? The videos run fine. I've been watching them on that one as they were being uploaded so I just stuck with it.

• Locked thread