Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

I think comics are the wrong industry for that.

I've made $25 from 10 minutes of listing them on Ebay.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Eeyup! Honestly most people just do the $ for codes thing. $1 for regular $3.99 comics, more for comics priced over that. (How much varies and can lead to haggling, but whatever.) I phrased it a little incoherently in that post, sorry.

Like, you're just 'trading' codes for money the vast majority of the time. The weekly catalog/trade thread is good for new stuff, or you can start your own thread if you have a lot of old stuff. Older stuff can be harder to move, depending on what book/s you've got.

Yeah, $1 is what I've been doing on Ebay. I've just been putting them up at random as I tend to get a ton of junk in random trades and a lot of the codes are still viable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Even though Epic Rap Battles of History is in-between seasons, they decided to release a bonus rap of Boba Fett vs. Deadpool. I didn't expect to see Deadpool get lyrically destroyed today, but here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g708PmJAbuI

On the subject of videos about comic characters taking on Star Wars villains, Super Power Beat Down just did Spider-Man vs. Darth Maul. It's pretty great, even if the setup is silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2uzIv4nhg

Starts at 6:45. Did not expect that cameo.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Even though Epic Rap Battles of History is in-between seasons, they decided to release a bonus rap of Boba Fett vs. Deadpool. I didn't expect to see Deadpool get lyrically destroyed today, but here we are.

Thank god, I was afraid it was just my biased preference towards Fett. He had so many great lines.

Gavok posted:

On the subject of videos about comic characters taking on Star Wars villains, Super Power Beat Down just did Spider-Man vs. Darth Maul. It's pretty great, even if the setup is silly.

The problem with Super Power Beat Down is that it's a literal popularity contest and goes by fan votes, whereas even when I disagree with Death Battle they always do some hardcore research and put a lot of thought into things. Most of their videos have alternate endings anyway though so it hardly matters.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WickedHate posted:

Thank god, I was afraid it was just my biased preference towards Fett. He had so many great lines.

"You're no good to me, Deadpool," is such a killer, clever line.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q2uzIv4nhg

Starts at 6:45. Did not expect that cameo.

Man I had the longest argument in college about if Spider-man could beat a Jedi. This video better not disappoint me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rhyno posted:

I've made $25 from 10 minutes of listing them on Ebay.
Please refer to joke in the thread title.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Man I had the longest argument in college about if Spider-man could beat a Jedi. This video better not disappoint me.

Ok that was way, way too close to what I argued.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Only because of Venom and I'm satisfied with that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WickedHate posted:

For some reason when I was a kid I thought newspaper comics would be a great way to make a living. Modern economic realities and product obsolation had not yet set in for young WH yet.

In Norway making newspaper comics can be a great way to make a living. The most popular artists earns millions. But then again Norwegians are pretty serious about newspaper comics, during WW II people risked their lives in order to smuggle fresh Phantom strips into the country.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The final DLC for Arkham Knight came out this week and the Mr Freeze quest may be the best resolution I've seen Freeze get in any medium. *

*caveat, I haven't read as much Batman as I should.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
How was the Batgirl DLC? I was really kind of unimpressed with Arkham Knight but I've got nothing to play after I beat MGSV and I was thinking about maybe just going on a DLC binge with Batman

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I would play Arkham Knight and I'd probably love it, but...PC. :sigh:

Don't care though because a friend is buying me Mad Max, and that has the same combat plus better driving.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

How was the Batgirl DLC? I was really kind of unimpressed with Arkham Knight but I've got nothing to play after I beat MGSV and I was thinking about maybe just going on a DLC binge with Batman
I like it. The park setting is well designed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Mad Max combat isn't the same really. You have like no special moves so it's just button mashing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

The Mad Max combat isn't the same really. You have like no special moves so it's just button mashing.

Close enough.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Hello, Merry Christmas. I have written for you a brand new comic for Christmas. It, like all the best things in life, is free. You can read it here:

http://comicsalliance.com/bakers-dozen-true-story-saint-nicholas-original-comic/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

I like it. The park setting is well designed.

It's probably the best of the standalone ones (which is hilarious because everyone talked poo poo about it because it was by WB Montreal who made Origins), mainly because it tries to actually mimic the structure of the main games in microcosm with a unique, semi-open setting that you explore and can get into random fights in, rather than just being a loosely linked set of challenge maps, which is apparently all Rocksteady could think of doing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Benito Cereno posted:

Hello, Merry Christmas. I have written for you a brand new comic for Christmas. It, like all the best things in life, is free. You can read it here:

http://comicsalliance.com/bakers-dozen-true-story-saint-nicholas-original-comic/

That warmed my heart, it's always great to see something that feels genuine come out of the Christmas noise. Thanks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My boss just called me from the shop.

Last week a lady was in looking for "AMALGRAM COMICS." I was able to find 7 or 8 of them in our $1 bins and she seemed pretty happy. So he hands the phone to her and she's just crying because he son is autistic and he perked up and won't stop talking about these books.

Pretty awesome that some really bad comics can make such a difference for a kid. I asked her to bring him by thew store and we can find more books for him but she said he's not good in public and gets violent sometimes so I told her I'd put together a few packs of books for him in the future.

Anyone have some cheap Amalgam comics they want to ditch?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Gun is a special move.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Aw man, I don't have them anymore but when I was really young my dad left me this big book of mostly 90s comics, and a lot of them were DC vs Marvel/Amalgam, so I really relate to this. That's so heartwarming! You really made that kid's Christmas, man.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rhyno posted:

My boss just called me from the shop.

Last week a lady was in looking for "AMALGRAM COMICS." I was able to find 7 or 8 of them in our $1 bins and she seemed pretty happy. So he hands the phone to her and she's just crying because he son is autistic and he perked up and won't stop talking about these books.

Pretty awesome that some really bad comics can make such a difference for a kid. I asked her to bring him by thew store and we can find more books for him but she said he's not good in public and gets violent sometimes so I told her I'd put together a few packs of books for him in the future.

I'll look through my long boxes after the holidays. I'm sure I still have some and if I do they're all yours because that's just rad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's really sweet. I think I have the Amalgam trading card set somewhere at my parents I can contribute if it helps.

Been having a lovely Christmas between dealing with a psychotic lady from an animal rescue while trying to help out with the Detroit Animal Control crisis, and my aunt stealing inheritance money from the rest of the family that's been in desperate need of extra funds. Life loving sucks, but it's comforting to escape into comics and comic discussion for a bit.

Merry Christmas, all you crazy cats, and God bless.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I'm Jewish. I don't really care for Christmas. Still. Merry Christmas Goons. Hope you have a fun few days with family and friends. And if you aren't near any family or friends you always have the BSS goon squad. We got your back.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah, happy holidays everyone! It's a great time to be alive.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I miiiiiiight have Lobo the Duck and Iron Lantern around somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anything you guys want to contribute would be great. I think I'm going to put together a care package for the agency my mother works at that helps the developmentally disable lead as close to normal lives as possible.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
One of the two book lines I actively collect is Amalgam. Drop me a line and you'll have every one in my long box.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I mean, if you just want a pile of whatever floppies, I've got plenty I still want to be rid of.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lemme make sure the agency is okay with taking comics first, if anything I can set it up to ship direct to them.

Mr. Maltose posted:

One of the two book lines I actively collect is Amalgam. Drop me a line and you'll have every one in my long box.

You are awesome.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's not close to a complete set but it's between 50-75% of the run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's not close to a complete set but it's between 50-75% of the run.

Anything is good, I'm sure he'll be thrilled. I'll PM you later on.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I can see through your scheme to amass a collection of your precious Amalgam comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I can see through your scheme to amass a collection of your precious Amalgam comics.

CURSES. FOILED AGAIN.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Rhyno knows something we don't. Warner/Disney are about to announce a shared universe 10 pictures Amalgam movie deal!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Rhyno knows something we don't. Warner/Disney are about to announce a shared universe 10 pictures Amalgam movie deal!!!

drat it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Guys my puppy will die because he can only eat the finest foil covered Xmen books from the early 90's, help me save him, won't you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Madkal posted:

Eh. I saw "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?".

Mickey vs Bugs Bunny: Dawn of Civil War. Summer 2020.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

Mickey vs Bugs Bunny: Dawn of Civil War. Summer 2020.

Bugs growls from his mecha suit:

"Of course you know, this means war"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

Guys my puppy will die because he can only eat the finest foil covered Xmen books from the early 90's, help me save him, won't you.

Preeeeeetty sure I have Generation X #1, X-Men Alpha and X-Men Omega around here...

• Locked thread