Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

Arach posted:

The amazing thing about tonight, especially for non-Queenslanders who don't realise, is that the ALP was extinct in Queensland last time round. Not even an ocean of Anna Bligh tears could save them. A handful of no-hopers that never one has ever of left over after the apocalypse.

I was just expecting a correction. No-one really expected them to win out right. It's a remarkable comeback. Not that the ALP have the SLIGHTEST loving idea what to do now, they honestly never expected to win.

Just staffing the offices is going to be a serious struggle for us. The size of Young Labor in QLD has something like tripled since 2012, but we still only have enough kids over 20 with some semblance of work experience to fill *maybe* 20 electorate offices, and I wouldn't wish the task of hiring for the ministry on my worst enemy right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Worst state leader since Bjelke-Petersen thrown out after a single term. Queenslanders might be as dumb as a sack full of hammers, but even they have their limits it seems.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

adamantium|wang posted:

The FIFO Premier.

And nothing of value was lost.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Congratulations QLD on not loving up.

I made some money on Bill Shorten becoming ALP leader a while back, so I dumped the winnings on this. Thanks for reminding me sportsbet exists auspol :shepspends:

Decayed
Dec 30, 2004

Shang-a-lang
Fun Shoe

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Just staffing the offices is going to be a serious struggle for us. The size of Young Labor in QLD has something like tripled since 2012, but we still only have enough kids over 20 with some semblance of work experience to fill *maybe* 20 electorate offices, and I wouldn't wish the task of hiring for the ministry on my worst enemy right now.

Another job Anidav had thrown away :haw:

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

LordPants posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

I'm pretty sure the thousands of jobs lost have value.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Decayed posted:

:drat:

Redwolf
Aug 9, 2011

I do not approve of your posting good sir! Not at all!
New thread is up http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Decayed posted:

lol, so true. Teach you for being a dirty Greenie Lefty hippy scum :D

• Locked thread