Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Today I returned from 34 days of leave. Feelin pretty depressed now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Tomorrow, I leave for Expeditionary Combat Skills in Gulfport, MS. I will be surrounded by boot EOD techs and Seabees for 26 days, god help me.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Yep. It's because they jump, dive, and work on sea mines. They really do have a broader skillset, but many of them are really insufferable until they're a year or two out of training and calm down. Seabees are OK for the most part. I just hope I don't end up as class leader or anything, I don't feel like babysitting.

But you're right, Mr. Nice, it's still going to be better than most other training environments. I shouldn't complain.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Heyo. It should be 80% of the total advanced to you. Your previous PSD/Admin can arrange travel for you (and should have before you left...), someone needs to submit a PRR to NAVPTO on your behalf. Yes, your next Admin office could do this, but time may be tight. You'll need to get up in that rear end to make sure it gets sent up through TOPS, once it does you can hound NAVPTO then SATO for your tickets.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

They have all of the dates necessary to complete and submit a PRR. No reason why they can't do it for you. They may have SOP that dictates otherwise, but I'd push it anyway, since you're only at your new command for a week before you have to leave.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I knew a guy your age, he was an athlete (college football, one of the big schools, got his degree there). He went to BUD/S and apparently half assed a few pushups while he was being filmed. They dropped him for that, he didn't quit voluntarily.

He washes airplanes now and is probably losing his mind.

Well that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

It's always awesomely funny when failure to OBLISERV slips past Admin/PSD. It requires multiple levels of ineptitude to happen.

The command can try to pursue an RE-4 DD-214 for you, which would bar you from future reenlistments, but they probably won't.

In other news, I'm on week 3 of 4 at ECS. Shooting guns all day is pretty loving cool, but man, Gulfport is total garbage. Glad I have a friend in Louisiana.

• Locked thread