Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

poopkitty posted:

"...out of my Navy...

I'm not familiar with the back story of this turd you had, but I've never understood why people use this term. I get having pride and professionalism in your work and all, but this takes it to a whole new level of stupidity. Everyone at one point or another does something (semi) dirt-baggish to downright criminal (and sometimes get away with it), but to spout off the "not in my Navy," or "get out of my Navy," is retarded in this sailor's opinion. Back to the fields tending to the crops I go, m'lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Our last deployment we wore watch caps because it got cold at night. None of the highers were actually around while night section worked; they were only exposed to the warm day time temperatures and tucked in a warm bed snugly at night so after several instances of chewing out a sentry for wearing them when they were shuttled in to the compound in the morning, they decided to secure watch caps at 09.

Had the highers spent more time working to find more bodies to man the watch rather than enforcing bullshit Navy uniform regulations on deployment, we probably would have been happier.

To be really Joe Navy though, I think the POD says what uniform items are authorized although here in San Diego, we don't really get cold weather so it's always NWU with working whites/NSU as an alternative in the summer.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

DustyNuts posted:

Tomorrow, I leave for Expeditionary Combat Skills in Gulfport, MS. I will be surrounded by boot EOD techs and Seabees for 26 days, god help me.

Be sure to check out Michael's. That's where all of the dependas single ladies go after hubby goes on deployment.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

vulturesrow posted:

e: If you take less than the authorized time to complete your travel do you still get reimbursed for the entire authorized time?

Don't check in until you're *supposed* to arrive is what I've always done.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Where was all this DC help when I asked a few months ago? :argh:

Anyway, what's the Navy (DOD) policy on marrying and then getting divorced in terms of paycheck? I've had several junior guys asking me this and I can't give them an honest answer other than don't get married, but I've heard all sorts of sea-lawyer poo poo from some of the salty first classes ranging from "it doesn't matter if you had a prenup, the Navy will dock your pay," to "if you were married for 10 years or more they get 50%, but otherwise they don't get a dime as long as you don't have kids/child support." Does having separate accounts matter?

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Dear IT goons,

Can you fix the internetz here in NRSW? I'd like to go back to watching cat videos here at work. Thanks.

In all seriousness, is anyone else having problems with the navy internet this morning?

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

DustyNuts posted:

It's always awesomely funny when failure to OBLISERV slips past Admin/PSD. It requires multiple levels of ineptitude to happen.

The command can try to pursue an RE-4 DD-214 for you, which would bar you from future reenlistments, but they probably won't.

In other news, I'm on week 3 of 4 at ECS. Shooting guns all day is pretty loving cool, but man, Gulfport is total garbage. Glad I have a friend in Louisiana.

Did you ever end up checking out Michael's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
Edit: nevermind. Found it.

• Locked thread