Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

MancXVI posted:

I went to TAPS about six months out. Make sure you save all your paperwork (all of it) in case they don't record your attendance there and so you don't get dirty looks at the capstone event.

They pay the same as they would for a PCS. I don't know how it works re: other cities in the same state because I moved back to my home of record.

I never went to the capstone event, and nothing bad ever happened to me so: ?

All the moving stuff happened at my last PSD Afloat appointment where I got my DD-214 and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

What's this 1/8th of an inch bullshit? My first navy haircut was definately 0/8ths of an inch.

:qqsay:

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Approximately %50 of the undes SNs I stood watch with were BUDs drops who were "getting back into the program real soon".

I think I saw 1 SN from my entire AD time that actually got a ticket to go to BUDs a second time. Not saying it's impossible, but it is not likely.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

If people don't enlist for SEAL, then how will the Navy keep undes numbers up?

Anyone know the actual, real percentage of undes who are drops from special programs like this? I have anecdotal experience, but I would love to see real numbers somewhere.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

uh I'm 12-16 time zones off from the US right now and I don't need to make any decisions about enlisting/commissioning for a year, it isn't exactly urgent

Do you live overseas? I only ask since that's going to come up in your TS/SCI SSBI thingy, and it might be relevant.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

There are plenty of patriotic Downs cases.

This begs the question, why aren't we hiring the mentally disadvantaged to do things like chipping/painting and other repetitive tasks that require a spergly amount of attention to detail.

Then I remembered, they already are, and those people are us.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

lol at someone in the navy thread saying it's either moronic or trolling to want to be in the navy

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

If you're not here just to troll everyone (lol if true), what are your motivations for wanting to become a SEAL in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

There's several. The biggest, simplest, is that I've done two combat deployments, and during them I was, I guess not happiest, but most fulfilled on our most challenging missions. The longest patrols, the highest mountains, the most threatening terrain. I got excited when I heard something big coming up, and I always wanted more of them. I want to do that poo poo all the time. Or as much as is possible.

Fair enough, good luck with that!

• Locked thread