Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

When is it usually a good time to enroll into TAPS or whatever theyre calling it now? Hit my 4 years in 2 weeks, going to have a year left unless I choose to do early out to register for the Fall semester full-time. Doubt that would be realistic with how fast things move here and moving to a city in Texas I've never been to simply to go to school there. Couple of dudes using early outs to leave and get on welfare to play Destiny all day/join the French Foreign Legion to get away from the Navy bullshit makes me :lol:

Does the Navy pay a flat rate to move your stuff back to your home of record and is it confined to one city or just the state in general?

I went to TAPS about six months out. Make sure you save all your paperwork (all of it) in case they don't record your attendance there and so you don't get dirty looks at the capstone event.

They pay the same as they would for a PCS. I don't know how it works re: other cities in the same state because I moved back to my home of record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

:bahgawd: back in my day we got the top layer of skin removed from our skulls hargleblargalaablbalbh

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Wasn't it actually thin gloves inside of thick? I convinced a fellow recruit I woke up that it was two pairs of skivvies with a dry hand towel stuffed between them also.

Also hello Pensacola. Old boot checking in.

Enjoy your Phase 1 liberty. Go catch a flick in your NSUs and don't forget to bring a backpack!

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Wait were is it? Going to explore the rec center after stuffing my face.

Go to the bowling alley and take a picture of the deck out back. I was on the working party that built it and I want to see if our monstrosity managed to hold up.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

BUD/S drops were annoying to be around. The aircrew school in Pensacola was full of them and they wouldn't shut up about it ever. Like a one-two punch of douchebag right there, especially the third classes who thought they were the kings of barracks support.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

are you malware? cause i'ma reverse engineer dat assss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

Whidbey Island. Terrible place if you are a young single Sailor but I was married when I got there.

Me too!

Whidbey Island is a terrible place to get divorced.

• Locked thread