Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PneumonicBook posted:

Uniform of the day here in great mistakes is:
NWUs
Parka with liner
Watch cap
Ski mask(yes both)
Scarf (not technically authorized in nwus but it's literally -30)
Gloves
Turtleneck

Wasn't it actually thin gloves inside of thick? I convinced a fellow recruit I woke up that it was two pairs of skivvies with a dry hand towel stuffed between them also.

Also hello Pensacola. Old boot checking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CMD598 posted:

What barracks?

Temp housing over at Cory. So far only one small mouse seen.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I thought I was done with the cock show with boot camp.

Also whomever said the IT cadence was dumb as gently caress was 100% correct. It's made marching a nightmare while the arpoc tries to learn it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Analogical posted:

You have an RCPO at A-School?

Not sure if it's temporary since I'm waiting to class up. But yes... Yes we do.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Laranzu posted:

It's on Corry

Wait were is it? Going to explore the rec center after stuffing my face.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MancXVI posted:

Go to the bowling alley and take a picture of the deck out back. I was on the working party that built it and I want to see if our monstrosity managed to hold up.

I'll do it but if this is a trap and you just sent me to the gay hook up spot and I get raped by a marine I'll kinda mad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Here at CTN school we get buds drops all the time.

Seems to be a lot of them indeed. Got a few in holding.

I'm the boot in the corner being all boot like.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My roommate is insist about getting a tattoo this weekend. Anyone know of a decent place in Pensacola were the chances of getting hepatitis are lower and the quality is good?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

Why waste the money in town? I loving guarantee if you go out to the smoke pit and start talking you can find out who in the barracks is totally doing tattoos!

I'm not joking either, somebody is always doing them. They will be terrible, andyou will probably get an infection, but at least you wil, probably only have to buy some beer instead of payin 80 or 90 bux an hour for the same privilege.

Yeaaaah I don't plan on getting one right now. He's my 18yr old division buddy. I'm 37 and feel duty bound to help him him make vaguely decent choices as long as it doesn't take much effort.

He honestly just want to walk to shop right in front of the base. Sigh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

I feel so sorry for you.

I'm getting payed retarded amounts of money to take barely high school level schooling. Got an LLD chit for my plantar fasciitis so I don't even have to march.
BAH when you have an almost payed off house in the 94560 is a wet dream.
I'll be alright.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thanks for the hula moon recommendation. Went by there last night and got an appointment with the owner for June. He liked my idea so I'll be giving myself a little present if/when I graduate. My buddy is getting something simple today though.

Also had to fill out my first police report here! Off to a great start!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I assume the owner you mean Gabe? He did my mermaid lady. Dude is rad as hell but heavy handed on his work. Be prepared for pain!

Yup. We chatted for a bit, funny guy. Thanks for the warning.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Analogical posted:

What's the desired effect in applying more pressure when tattooing? I've heard people call artists heavy handed before but never knew how much a difference it made other than pain

Well my previous artist was described as "light handed" and I fell asleep during both sessions with her. 16 years later my tatts look just fine because I stay out of the sun so I think it's more of a personal style of application.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Tattoing isn't just about coloring inside the lines. There are different types of machines that apply ink different ways, different types of needles, and different techniques to shading. I don't really know much more than that but out of the 7 or 6 people I've seen they all feel different. Some hurt more than others V:kiddo:V

What a small loving tattoo world. Gabe was in a band with the boyfriend of the artist who did my old pieces back in 1998 out of Santa Cruz, CA. He updated me on how she was doing. Now I really looking forward to my appointment with him.

• Locked thread