Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Christoff posted:

Back to your home of record or where you went to MEPS?

Where's squirrely

Oh hi there Christoff!

My experience was home of record (as listed as your place of residence upon enlistment). Coincidentally enough, this was also proof enough for Penn State to let me back in as an in-state student even though I had been living in Washington for 5 years, had a Washington Drivers License, and had my legal residence moved to Washington State.

I dont get it

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Don't quote me but I think it's by distance from current command as the crow flies.

I believe its the cost paid by the DoD to move you to your home of record. The DoD will pay you UP TO the amount it would cost you to move back to your home of record, but that doesn't preclude you from moving elsewhere upon departure from that hellish abyss.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Boon posted:

Things good about Norfolk:
1. Norva
2. Adult dodgeball leagues
3. ...

A cooler full of beer on the sunny shores of NASO Dam Neck during the summer.

• Locked thread