Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Are there any reserve Navy medical officers/nurses in this group? I'm beginning to put together my packet for flight nursing/trauma nursing in the Navy reserves. I did 6.5 years in the army guard, so I'm kind of knowing what to expect, but any insights on what things are really like would be helpful.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

thats my second go to thread, I just wasn't certain if there was a "go to person" to ask such things about.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Pandasmores posted:

Maybe the officer recruiters? Another wealth of information could also be an officer at a NOSC, although during drill weekends they're usually busy doing work and when they're not at the NOSC I imagine they have like a private practice or something to go to. I would ask my department head how she got her gig, but then again she went through the Navy for medical school in general. I'll ask and see if she knows anyone that's done it. Do you already have your license/nursing degree or are you looking at having the Navy pay for it?

I've already talked with the med navy recruiter here. Her billet is healthcare administration and has nothing but active duty time on her hands so I didn't really pick her brain about reserve training/drilling. All she really knew is that I did 12 days of "indoctrination" and I return to my drill site and that's it.

I've got my Bachelors in Nursing already, I meet all the pre-reqs, all that's going to happen now is we wait until the next fiscal year and submit it. Then it's just crossing my fingers and hoping a flight nurse billet opens up.

I was just curious on what drill weekends are like, what nurses primarily do during the drill and blah blah blah, all that poo poo.

• Locked thread