Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
What exactly is a "liberty port"? I never found out while I was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Angry Fish posted:

In 2008, USS Last Ship hit 26 ports in 6 months, 22 of them in western europe and scandinavia. I'm sorry that you never did cool stuff.

the only foreign ports my boat went to was Sasebo and Yokosuka and they were both working ports

its all chinas fault really, we were supposed to hit Brisbane for a lib port but they did some naval exercises that got the admirals panties in a twist

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Seqenenra posted:

This is exactly my point. Why the gently caress was he ever a reactor operator if he is as dicked up as all that? Reactor operator, does that mean what it sounds like?

because everyone needs to be able to stand the watch or it fucks everyone else, so shitheels get pushed through till they do something dumb

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

justice4trayvawn posted:

you guys only judge bc no one here ever knew cool secrets imo

no one gonna buy a book about what stupid rear end frequency you have memorized or w/e

i know a lot of cool secrets

secrets that aren't even tonals!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

justice4trayvawn posted:

submarines arent cool

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
is it too late to get benefits from saying have PTSD from watching the AoW turnover involve a long french kiss in control?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Remember when the Seabees were cool and had a real job?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Need an AC-22 version.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
unless i start seeing some powerpoints on this lcs crap i'm not going to be happy

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
you dudes have seriously gayed up the navy thread

now THAT is something

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

PneumonicBook posted:

And they should.

As you all know, the hardest job in the military is 'wife'.

if they are actually faithful they earned it

as if that ever happens

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

nothing should disqualify me from OCS, I'm sure I could get a commission if that's all I wanted, and hell yeah being a SEAL officer would be slick but SEAL billets are super competitive just to get orders to go to BUD/S, never mind finishing, and I'd rather be enlisted and be a SEAL than be an officer and not be one, is the thing

I'd love to do any of that stuff you suggested but I live overseas at the moment so it's not really an option

Please go prove us wrong. Come back here in 1 year and tell us all about how you were the #1 dude in BUD/S.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I didn't even know they were allowing anyone to join 'just' for SEALS. When I went in they just tried to cherry pick dudes from boot camp who could swim or did PT good. Since I could swim good they asked me to try out like 3 loving times.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This dude is either a gigantic moron or just trolling.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this dude loves his anime and insists on being a high speed seal operator but lol hes totally not joking guys he is very serious about this no you cannot dissuade him he knows whats up he was prior army and can ruck all over

gently caress sake go back to your anime thread in the paranormal area

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

that right there is high end poo poo for hawaii

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the hawaii plate lunch place near my house closed down at the start of the year. no notice just hey we are gone! ALOHA!

http://www.kilohanagrill.com/

the owners were from hawaii and had great (slightly overpriced) food

this sucks :(

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Analogical posted:

Just got a frantic call from PERSUPP and my command, who together seem to have discovered I don't have an extension on file (??) and that my EAOS is 2FEB and I need to get them this poo poo so I can get a DD214.

I don't have a cac reader at the moment, so I can't get on BUPERS to check. But that seems like a massive oversight/mistake somewhere as my EAOS shouldn't be until 2FEB17 and I've never been told anything about 2015. But it's going to be interesting to see yeoman theater for the next two days as they figure out how bad someone hosed up somewhere.

I should ride this out and get out next week idc

Did you get an E-4 out of a-school and have a 6 year contract but they forgot to have you sign the 2 year extension?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ManMythLegend posted:

No, what it's saying is that if you accept an appointment as a midshipman at the academy and then, for whatever non-conduct related reason, you don't complete the program and earn a commission, then that time honorably served as a midshipman counts as time towards a GCM if the former midshipman is sent to the fleet as an enlisted sailor to finish any commitment accrued.

So here's an example: You go to the academy for 2.5 years before you get tossed out for academic reasons. After starting your third year at USNA you immediately acquire ~5 year commitment to the Navy whether you graduate or not. The Navy reviews your package and decides to enforce the commitment instead of waiving it, and you end up in the fleet as a seaman. So long as you weren't taken to mast at USNA during your two years there, then you only have to have 1.5 more years of service to reach your 4 year mark for a GCM.

Could someone in theory, be a ring knocker seaman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

UoI posted:

Hey Navy goons, tell me about being a corpsman.

do you enjoy looking at dicks? if so you will enjoy being a corpsman.

• Locked thread