Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Analogical posted:

Dropping a conversion packet for CTN this week because arabic and I haven't gotten along three DLPTs in a row

"hurr durrr but they dont want e5s we want e4s good luck getting approval"

gently caress you all i'll just go con. also I got stranded on Ft Meade because of the icerain-pocalypse monday morning and had to sit in the drat NIOC lounge for three hours. how many people do you guys put on watch at once god drat

E5s get in all the time. poo poo we have navy Chiefs and army warrants going to school here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Looking in from the outside I love poo poo like this: Every 2 weeks on Wednesday and Thursday the Navy kids here will all return from lunch in PT gear and after class go right to weigh in one day, and mock PRT the next. I imagine this is some kind of overreaction to people failing the PRT at their gaining commands but it seems hilariously excessive. Implement a solid group and individual PT plan? Nah let's just do endless mock tests and punish people when they fail.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I love when enlistment people are on their soap box all "THAT IS A DIRECT ORDER!" Like it'll make us more likely to do it or like they can even give those

:jerkbag:

I got told to not turn in a completed project because the dude wanted to get credit for it so I went ahead and turned it in anyway. He threatened me with failure to follow a direct order or some poo poo and I was all yeah take me to mast for doing my job :smug:

Dude ripped up the paperwork like it would undo the fact that it was done and I could just reprint the poo poo.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Don't have kids.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Had a guy go to mast because his wife had filed a restraining order against him and then kept harassing him so he would violate it (idiot should have got one against her, too so that wouldn't happen) and the CO put him on restriction until he filed for divorce. He had those papers in hand in about 2 days through base legal. poo poo was funny as hell.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Go officer. You've been on the enlisted side already. Don't make that mistake twice.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
So how much time passed between watching American sniper and deciding on buds?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I think the key here is that joining the military, especially after you've already done an enlistment, is incredibly loving stupid.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Here at CTN school we get buds drops all the time.

Last night I showed this image and cracked a joke that dudes who can totally do 10 pullups (crossfit) are gonna be dropping packets and this one dud was like YEAH RIGHT YOU HAVE TO DO LIKE 50! THEY DON'T TAKE ANYTHING LESS and of COURSE it turns out he's a buds drop.

So go ahead and enlist you might end up with an actually nice desk job instead of chipping paint.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Laranzu posted:

He is an idiot.

Black Sparrow or Hula Moon were the two best shops in town. Hula for American and bold color.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Looks like it works. I have some stuff from Hula Moon and a buddy has an insanely sick full sleeve from Black Sparrow. Those are the only two local places I'll trust. There's a place in Ft. Walton called Sail Away tattoo that does awesome traditional stuff. Got work from them at a tattoo convention. I get most of my stuff from a guy back home in mississippi so it's not really feasible to recommend to other people.

In pensacola the problem with hula moon and black sparrow is they cost what they're worth and stupid poo poo navy kids want a cheap tattoo and good tattoo isn't cheap and a cheap tattoo isn't good.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ManMythLegend posted:

Actually no. They literally take your ring away if you get kicked out. I'm not sure if they reimburse you for it or not, but I know it's one of the things they look for during out processing.

lol that's so loving petty

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Analogical posted:

Went to the lobby to get some 2am hotel coffee and there's an overweight older female LCDR standing there in dress whites with a shaved (stubble) head staring at the wall next to the coffee. As I got closer she said "There's no hot chocolate left"

No idea what the gently caress is going on so I just pretended I was walking across the lobby to the other stairwell and didn't stop. nobles are creepy as poo poo

that was your chance man. the noble slam pig

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks for the hula moon recommendation. Went by there last night and got an appointment with the owner for June. He liked my idea so I'll be giving myself a little present if/when I graduate. My buddy is getting something simple today though.

Also had to fill out my first police report here! Off to a great start!

I assume the owner you mean Gabe? He did my mermaid lady. Dude is rad as hell but heavy handed on his work. Be prepared for pain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Tattoing isn't just about coloring inside the lines. There are different types of machines that apply ink different ways, different types of needles, and different techniques to shading. I don't really know much more than that but out of the 7 or 6 people I've seen they all feel different. Some hurt more than others V:kiddo:V

• Locked thread