Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
rip stevie g he never won a premier league title and the wikipedians of the future will know he was poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

8raz posted:

rip stevie g he never won a premier league title and the wikipedians of the future will know he was poo poo

He was op

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Citizen Harry Kane the remake....

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Rip Stevie G just rip, you will always be remembed by non-liverpool fans for your unfortunate slip after a very unfortunate choice of pep talk words.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jose posted:

Newcastle signing a centre back would be cool and good

Shouldn't you get a new manager first?

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Hughes has said that Stoke don't intend to splash big in this window, so there probably much won't be much going on for me.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Pantsuit posted:

Hughes has said that Stoke don't intend to splash big in this window, so there probably much won't be much going on for me.

City has that UEFA restriction on number of registered players, so City will definitely not buy a single player at all this window.

Nope.

No way.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pantsuit posted:

A little splash on sergi roberto to save him from spanish slavery and reunite him with his friends please

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
can't wait for Arsene to sign 3 wingers from Ligue 2

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Broletariat posted:

can't wait for Arsene to sign 3 wingers from Ligue 2

But there's no value in the market!

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Can't see City doing much, never do in January.

Probably focussing mostly on getting Gerrard all signed up for next season via the MLS

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
If you're upset about Stevie G leaving for the MLS now, just think how you will feel when he pops up for Man City.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Can't see City doing much, never do in January.

Probably focussing mostly on getting Gerrard all signed up for next season via the MLS

Winding up the new york team supporters even more by signing Villa would be funny

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Have there been any transfers rumors regarding the superstars of the ISL? I could see someone going in for Fikru Teferra Lemessa, Mohamed Rafique or Iain Hume

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Jose posted:

Winding up the new york team supporters even more by signing Villa would be funny

That would be the best thing, unfortunately though that ship may have sailed reckon we'd have done it whilst our forwards were out injured.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Villa is a trashman clown, he was noticeably shitter than this idiot in the loving a league

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Koren

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

German U19 talent Joshua Kimmich, a small defensive midfielder from Stuttgart currently on loan at RB Leipzig, will be heading to Bayern this summer.

For €7m. :psyduck: (at least that's what is being floated around in the media)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Swansea have signed Exeter's Matt Grimes for £1.75m, which is a steal (and still 3.5x our previous transfer record)

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Healbot posted:

German U19 talent Joshua Kimmich, a small defensive midfielder from Stuttgart currently on loan at RB Leipzig, will be heading to Bayern this summer.

For €7m. :psyduck: (at least that's what is being floated around in the media)

So bayern aren't just happy with buying any competition's best players, they are now buying anyone who might be their best player in the future too. What a healthy league!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Byolante posted:

So bayern aren't just happy with buying any competition's best players, they are now buying anyone who might be their best player in the future too. What a healthy league!

So they basically shouldn't be buying any players at all? Would you be happy with that?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i posted this in the la liga thread but whatever. Enzo Perez to Valencia for €25m, he's a good player but around 20 mil would be the more adequate fee. here's some grainy poo poo in memory of pngman

e: also nelson oliveira is real bad and will barely play for swansea

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 2, 2015

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

So they basically shouldn't be buying any players at all? Would you be happy with that?

You don't think there is something glaringly wrong with a league where one side has lost 3 games since july 2012?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Byolante posted:

You don't think there is something glaringly wrong with a league where one side has lost 3 games since july 2012?

Yeah, most of the other teams are doing a fairly terrible job. I mean, just look at Dortmund.

It's not Bayern's fault though that the other clubs are squandering their potential.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Dunban posted:

Yeah, most of the other teams are doing a fairly terrible job. I mean, just look at Dortmund.

It's not Bayern's fault though that the other clubs are squandering their potential.

it's directly bayern's fault that they're purchasing other club's potential

welp see ya

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
the only way for them to compete realistically is to close the financial gap with Bayern but with the bundesligas ownership rules I don't see how that's going to happen

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Podolski to inter looks like it's happening.

Also in case anyone missed it, Milan and Atletico swapped Torres and Cerci.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Your Weird Uncle posted:

it's directly bayern's fault that they're purchasing other club's potential

welp see ya

So, again, Bayern should just stop purchasing players altogether? Not exactly a viable solution if they plan on staying competitive in the Champions League.

excuse me lady posted:

the only way for them to compete realistically is to close the financial gap with Bayern but with the bundesligas ownership rules I don't see how that's going to happen

It's not gonna happen overnight (although technically with clubs like Wolfsburg or RB Leipzig it could happen kinda quickly since they're sort of violating those ownership rules you mentioned but no one is doing anything against it), but a couple of years of solid work on and off the pitch could turn quite a few clubs into serious contenders because the potential is definitely there in terms of supporters and potential sponsors. It's just that absolutely no club other than Bayern seems to be able to do that. Just look at Bremen, Dortmund and Suttgart - they both won the league in the last 10 years and now it looks like they could all get relegated.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 2, 2015

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

So, again, Bayern should just stop purchasing players altogether? Not exactly a viable solution if they plan on staying competitive in the Champions League.

It's not gonna happen overnight (although technically with clubs like Wolfsburg or RB Leipzig it could happen kinda quickly since they're sort of violating those ownership rules you mentioned but no one is doing anything against it), but a couple of years of solid work on and off the pitch could turn quite a few clubs into serious contenders because the potential is definitely there in terms of supporters and potential sponsors. It's just that absolutely no club other than Bayern seems to be able to do that. Just look at Bremen, Dortmund and Suttgart - they both won the league in the last 10 years and now it looks like they could all get relegated.

I wonder what the answer could be to why all those clubs are poo poo now and used to be good? Could it be housed in the link below?

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-bayern-munchen/alletransfers/verein/27

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

mfcrocker posted:

Swansea have signed Exeter's Matt Grimes for £1.75m, which is a steal (and still 3.5x our previous transfer record)

The next Glenn Hoddle apparently, no pressure lad.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Byolante posted:

I wonder what the answer could be to why all those clubs are poo poo now and used to be good? Could it be housed in the link below?

so what's your solution? ban Bayern buying players domestically?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Byolante posted:

Why don't you go have a wank while crying about the inequalities in football somewhere else?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

excuse me lady posted:

so what's your solution? ban Bayern buying players domestically?

The solution is let them keep doing it but their fans have to watch them take bbc in horrible ways in the champions league every year

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Podolski to inter looks like it's happening.

Also in case anyone missed it, Milan and Atletico swapped Torres and Cerci.

Yeah. RIP Poldi you walked around the pitch and never defended, but you scored a bunch of goals and did a ton of thumbs up pics.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

HJB posted:

The next Glenn Hoddle apparently, no pressure lad.

What like reincarnated?
Shouldn't he have no legs then?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Much as he seems like A Good Lad Who Means Well, I don't think United should make Falcao's deal permanent unless they can beat Monaco down on price.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the proto jozy darren benty bent has gone to derby on loan

honestly surprised he was still at villa

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Byolante posted:

Alright, I'll bite. Let's look at all of the players transferred from other Bundesliga clubs to Bayern in, say, the last 3 years.

Sinan Kurt: Bought from Gladbach's youth team for 1 million. Really too early to tell at the moment what his career is gonna look like, what would've happened had he stayed at Gladbach and how good he actually is. Promising, but still young and unexperienced.
Robert Lewandowski: Came on a free from Dortmund since his contract expired. He would've left Dortmund anyway, so instead of going to Real or Barca or whatever, he chose Bayern. Had some trouble adjusting initially, as is to be expected, but overall had a good first half year. Dortmund knew he was leaving for well over a year and still hosed up with regards to getting a replacement for him, buying Adrian Ramos and Ciro Immobile, who are both utterly poo poo. By the way, just as an aside, Dortmund spent more on transfers than Bayern in the last 2 years.
Sebastian Rode: Came on a free from Frankfurt, where his contract expired. The transfer was initially met with skepticism, but Rode played quite a bit and quite well especially in the last couple of weeks. Might even be on his way into the German National Team. Great transfer for both Bayern and Rode - the club got an excellent squad player and Rode basically reached the next level. I doubt he would've developed any further at mid-table club Frankfurt.

Mario Götze: 37 million € from Dortmund. Sure, Dortmund were a direct competitor at the time, but like with Lewandowski, he would've left the club anyway since some other club would definitely have activated his buy-out clause if Bayern hadn't done it. Dortmund were fully aware that that clause existed when Götze signed that contract. They spent the 37€m on Mhkitaryan and Aubameyang, who are both a bit poo poo.
Jan Kirchhoff: Free transfer from Mainz. That one didn't work out - he was fairly injury-prone and thus never really made it into the team, but even without the injuries, he simply wasn't good enough. Currently on loan at Schalke, but it's not really going well there either.

Mario Mandzukic: 13 million from Wolfsburg. Had a fantastic two years at the club, an absolute steal for that price. Wolfsburg aren't exactly hurting for money, so I guess they weren't too broken up about it. Supposedly was a bit of a dressing room cancer and didn't really get along with Pep, so he was sold to Atletico Madrid last summer.
Dante: 4,5 million from Gladbach. I believe this was a buy-out clause as well, so again, he probably would've been gone anyway. Nailed-on starter for two years, has fallen behind a bit this season.
Tom Starke: Free transfer from Hoffenheim. Solid back-up keeper. Hoffenheim weren't really hurting for a good keeper after he left since they had Belgian international Koen Casteels.
Claudio Pizarro: Free transfer from Bremen. They were already on the decline back then. Pizarro has been a solid back-up striker for Mandzukic and Lewandowski.

So, there you have it. If you honestly think Bayern single-handedly destroyed the Bundesliga with transfers like these, then..I don't know what to tell you. Bayern are doing nothing special - they buy players from other clubs, and those players join them because of higher prestige, higher wages, more exposure, higher chance of success, whatever. This is literally what every single other club in the world is doing.

(if you are interested in actually having a real discussion about this, post in the Bundesliga thread)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the proto jozy darren benty bent has gone to derby on loan

honestly surprised he was still at villa

He's still only 30. What the hell happened to him?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dunban posted:

This is literally what every single other club in the world is doing.

Well...except the other 19 in the Bundesliga :D

blue footed boobie posted:

He's still only 30. What the hell happened to him?

Big fish in a small pond at Sunderland before being ran out of town by a Goon stalker, rumour has it would have cost Villa too much money if he'd kept making appearances so rotted in the reserves along with Alan Hutton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Dunban posted:

Alright, I'll bite. :words:

nice meltdown, lols, etc, but spot on otherwise

• Locked thread