Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ninpo posted:

Well...except the other 19 in the Bundesliga :D

Buying players from smaller/"worse" clubs? They kinda are.

(also, 17 other clubs)

Would you say United are destroying the Premier League? Because going by that reasoning, they are. And so is pretty much every other club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Dunban posted:

(also, 17 other clubs)

Would you say United are destroying the Premier League? Because going by that reasoning, they are. And so is pretty much every other club.

Where in america are you from?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

fat gay nonce posted:

Where in america are you from?

Thankfully I'm not from there.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Dunban posted:

(also, 17 other clubs)

United did destroy the Premier League and then Abramovich and some Arabs came along and saved it. Germany doesn't allow Russians or Arabs so they'll need a different solution.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dunban posted:

Alright, I'll bite. Let's look at all of the players transferred from other Bundesliga clubs to Bayern in, say, the last 3 years.

Sinan Kurt: Bought from Gladbach's youth team for 1 million. Really too early to tell at the moment what his career is gonna look like, what would've happened had he stayed at Gladbach and how good he actually is. Promising, but still young and unexperienced.
Robert Lewandowski: Came on a free from Dortmund since his contract expired. He would've left Dortmund anyway, so instead of going to Real or Barca or whatever, he chose Bayern. Had some trouble adjusting initially, as is to be expected, but overall had a good first half year. Dortmund knew he was leaving for well over a year and still hosed up with regards to getting a replacement for him, buying Adrian Ramos and Ciro Immobile, who are both utterly poo poo. By the way, just as an aside, Dortmund spent more on transfers than Bayern in the last 2 years.
Sebastian Rode: Came on a free from Frankfurt, where his contract expired. The transfer was initially met with skepticism, but Rode played quite a bit and quite well especially in the last couple of weeks. Might even be on his way into the German National Team. Great transfer for both Bayern and Rode - the club got an excellent squad player and Rode basically reached the next level. I doubt he would've developed any further at mid-table club Frankfurt.

Mario Götze: 37 million € from Dortmund. Sure, Dortmund were a direct competitor at the time, but like with Lewandowski, he would've left the club anyway since some other club would definitely have activated his buy-out clause if Bayern hadn't done it. Dortmund were fully aware that that clause existed when Götze signed that contract. They spent the 37€m on Mhkitaryan and Aubameyang, who are both a bit poo poo.
Jan Kirchhoff: Free transfer from Mainz. That one didn't work out - he was fairly injury-prone and thus never really made it into the team, but even without the injuries, he simply wasn't good enough. Currently on loan at Schalke, but it's not really going well there either.

Mario Mandzukic: 13 million from Wolfsburg. Had a fantastic two years at the club, an absolute steal for that price. Wolfsburg aren't exactly hurting for money, so I guess they weren't too broken up about it. Supposedly was a bit of a dressing room cancer and didn't really get along with Pep, so he was sold to Atletico Madrid last summer.
Dante: 4,5 million from Gladbach. I believe this was a buy-out clause as well, so again, he probably would've been gone anyway. Nailed-on starter for two years, has fallen behind a bit this season.
Tom Starke: Free transfer from Hoffenheim. Solid back-up keeper. Hoffenheim weren't really hurting for a good keeper after he left since they had Belgian international Koen Casteels.
Claudio Pizarro: Free transfer from Bremen. They were already on the decline back then. Pizarro has been a solid back-up striker for Mandzukic and Lewandowski.

So, there you have it. If you honestly think Bayern single-handedly destroyed the Bundesliga with transfers like these, then..I don't know what to tell you. Bayern are doing nothing special - they buy players from other clubs, and those players join them because of higher prestige, higher wages, more exposure, higher chance of success, whatever. This is literally what every single other club in the world is doing.

(if you are interested in actually having a real discussion about this, post in the Bundesliga thread)

lol what a bunch of bullshit

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
ah yes lewandowski's contract was expiring so he would have left anyway, never mind the fact that the reason he wouldn't sign a new contract was because bayern had been having talks with him for years.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Dunban posted:

Alright, I'll bite. Let's look at all of the players transferred from other Bundesliga clubs to Bayern in, say, the last 3 years.

Sinan Kurt: Bought from Gladbach's youth team for 1 million. Really too early to tell at the moment what his career is gonna look like, what would've happened had he stayed at Gladbach and how good he actually is. Promising, but still young and unexperienced.
Robert Lewandowski: Came on a free from Dortmund since his contract expired. He would've left Dortmund anyway, so instead of going to Real or Barca or whatever, he chose Bayern. Had some trouble adjusting initially, as is to be expected, but overall had a good first half year. Dortmund knew he was leaving for well over a year and still hosed up with regards to getting a replacement for him, buying Adrian Ramos and Ciro Immobile, who are both utterly poo poo. By the way, just as an aside, Dortmund spent more on transfers than Bayern in the last 2 years.
Sebastian Rode: Came on a free from Frankfurt, where his contract expired. The transfer was initially met with skepticism, but Rode played quite a bit and quite well especially in the last couple of weeks. Might even be on his way into the German National Team. Great transfer for both Bayern and Rode - the club got an excellent squad player and Rode basically reached the next level. I doubt he would've developed any further at mid-table club Frankfurt.

Mario Götze: 37 million € from Dortmund. Sure, Dortmund were a direct competitor at the time, but like with Lewandowski, he would've left the club anyway since some other club would definitely have activated his buy-out clause if Bayern hadn't done it. Dortmund were fully aware that that clause existed when Götze signed that contract. They spent the 37€m on Mhkitaryan and Aubameyang, who are both a bit poo poo.
Jan Kirchhoff: Free transfer from Mainz. That one didn't work out - he was fairly injury-prone and thus never really made it into the team, but even without the injuries, he simply wasn't good enough. Currently on loan at Schalke, but it's not really going well there either.

Mario Mandzukic: 13 million from Wolfsburg. Had a fantastic two years at the club, an absolute steal for that price. Wolfsburg aren't exactly hurting for money, so I guess they weren't too broken up about it. Supposedly was a bit of a dressing room cancer and didn't really get along with Pep, so he was sold to Atletico Madrid last summer.
Dante: 4,5 million from Gladbach. I believe this was a buy-out clause as well, so again, he probably would've been gone anyway. Nailed-on starter for two years, has fallen behind a bit this season.
Tom Starke: Free transfer from Hoffenheim. Solid back-up keeper. Hoffenheim weren't really hurting for a good keeper after he left since they had Belgian international Koen Casteels.
Claudio Pizarro: Free transfer from Bremen. They were already on the decline back then. Pizarro has been a solid back-up striker for Mandzukic and Lewandowski.

So, there you have it. If you honestly think Bayern single-handedly destroyed the Bundesliga with transfers like these, then..I don't know what to tell you. Bayern are doing nothing special - they buy players from other clubs, and those players join them because of higher prestige, higher wages, more exposure, higher chance of success, whatever. This is literally what every single other club in the world is doing.

(if you are interested in actually having a real discussion about this, post in the Bundesliga thread)
:golfclap:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Mean Bean Machine posted:

ah yes lewandowski's contract was expiring so he would have left anyway, never mind the fact that the reason he wouldn't sign a new contract was because bayern had been having talks with him for years.

not true, he only started talking to Bayern after BVB rejected new terms proposed by his agents, the whole Lewandowski fiasco is 100% on Borussia, as much as I hate that oval office, BVB literally drove him into Bayern's hands

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Mean Bean Machine posted:

They weren't the only club who was talking to him / his agent, but yeah, they apparently were the most successful / persistent because he eventually joined them. And of course he would've eventually left Dortmund - pretty much every top club in Europe wanted him. There is absolutely no way he would've extended his contract at Dortmund, even if Bayern had never talked to him.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dunban posted:

(also, 17 other clubs)

Soz mate I forgot jokes were illegal

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ninpo posted:

Soz mate I forgot jokes were illegal

They should be tbh

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
gotze would have always left you see because his buy out clause was freaking €40 million never mind the fact that only one club in germany would have been able to afford that fee which is the point and the reason why that league has gone to poo poo. and again another player that had been having talks with bayern for years

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

They should be tbh

Totally unsurprised a german wants to ban humour

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Bayern and other big clubs should stop buying players and maybe start giving money to their competitors? Maybe their best players too?Idk im just throwing out ideas on how one club can hurt itself and help other teams, which seems to be the right thing to do.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

blue footed boobie posted:

Bayern and other big clubs should stop buying players and maybe start giving money to their competitors? Maybe their best players too?Idk im just throwing out ideas on how one club can hurt itself and help other teams, which seems to be the right thing to do.

The idea of sports is to be the most middle of the pack.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I thought the Bundesliga was supposed to have a bunch of really well run clubs and be a competitive league, turns out it's worse than la liga because at least there they have two teams that are retardedly better than the rest. Bayern should transfer some parity to the rest of the league.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Seems to work for Arsenal, except for the giving money part.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
drat, Bayern bettering their own squad and weakening their competition? Should be banned from Europe for this sick filth.

At least they use all the players they buy, this isn't like Chelsea buying anyone with two legs and loaning them out to dogfart FC in Estonia to rot for 6 years before dumping them for a quarter of what they paid for them.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I thought Chelsea now made those clubs loan them out again in some weird merry go round of oligarchical influence?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big Matty Grimes is going to force Gylfi out of the side with his sweet Hoddle passes and pinpoint freekicks.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Looks like Leeds are going to bring in Krhin from Inter and Pavoletti from Sassuolo, in another stunning display of effectiveness of FFP.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The Bundesliga is also a loving dump of a league, most of the other teams would be lucky to compete in the championship. Schalke are probably as good as Stoke. Clown car league, a real shithole

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

TelekineticBear! posted:

Looks like Leeds are going to bring in Krhin from Inter and Pavoletti from Sassuolo, in another stunning display of effectiveness of FFP.

They're both poo poo

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

They're both poo poo

they'll fit right in then

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Dunban posted:

Thankfully I'm not from there.

I'm real glad you're not here too. Anyways goodbye Enzo, you held the midfield together, you will be missed.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Gigi Galli posted:

drat, Bayern bettering their own squad and weakening their competition? Should be banned from Europe for this sick filth.

At least they use all the players they buy, this isn't like Chelsea buying anyone with two legs and loaning them out to dogfart FC in Estonia to rot for 6 years before dumping them for a quarter of what they paid for them.

Who cares, if its legal its legal, qq more

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Gigi Galli posted:

Let Chelsea put a team in the championship and they stop loaning players to Vitesse.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TelekineticBear! posted:

The Bundesliga is also a loving dump of a league, most of the other teams would be lucky to compete in the championship. Schalke are probably as good as Stoke. Clown car league, a real shithole

Picking Schalke for this comparison feels like cheating.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Let Chelsea put a team in the championship and they stop loaning players to Vitesse.

Maybe Chelsea should stop signing every kid who looks halfway decent in the hopes they become the next big thing since it still hasn't happened.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Jose posted:

Maybe Chelsea should stop signing every kid who looks halfway decent in the hopes they become the next big thing since it still hasn't happened.

the one time it did they sold him and then bought him back for a further £25mil

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The talk of Juve being in for Shaqiri has now morphed into Juve being in for Sneijder or Diamanti. Sounds about right.

And the Daily Express claim that Man United are offering €100m for Pogba :newlol:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

fat gay nonce posted:

Who cares, if its legal its legal, qq more

I'm so mad about Chelsea.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

The talk of Juve being in for Shaqiri has now morphed into Juve being in for Sneijder or Diamanti. Sounds about right.

And the Daily Express claim that Man United are offering €100m for Pogba :newlol:

lol at any team in Italy being able to throw the money at Diamanti that the Chinese team he's on can.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

MOAR midfielders MOAR for the MOAR BOAR

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Is Diamanti still nuts with crazy hair?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
The local media are reporting that Stoke are close to signing Philipp Wollscheid on loan until the end of the season. I don't know anything about him apart from he's tall and german. How is he at cock or no cock?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bovril Delight posted:

Is Diamanti still nuts with crazy hair?

He's cut it

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Jose posted:

No club is going to stop poaching kids, even if they are bad at developing talent, as long as UEFA excludes academy expenses from FFP.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

Big fish in a small pond at Sunderland before being ran out of town by a Goon stalker, rumour has it would have cost Villa too much money if he'd kept making appearances so rotted in the reserves along with Alan Hutton.

Bent had a 1 goal in 2 games strike rate till he joined Spurs and arry messed him around (still scoring 1 in 3), at Sunderland he improved on the 1 in 2 rate, and at Villa despite them being loving shite hes still scored 1 in 3

Suprised no better teams taken a punt on him. He doesnt give you much more than goal scoring tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jose posted:

Seems like its working for them at the moment, maybe all the other poo poo clubs should to try to emulate them?

• Locked thread