Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

[Deadpool #2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

[Deadpool #2]

Sometimes the 4th wall gags feel overly forced, and sometimes they are the best loving thing in the whole world :allears:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

TwoPair posted:

Actual answer: He broke into Avengers Mansion, where Clint just keeps all his old poo poo. It has surprisingly poor security.

There needs to be more Deadpool singing Queen. Just because.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
'Post Funny Panels' is kind of boring name for the new Deadpool thread.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Let's have some Nextwave then:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Warning: punchlines in some panels may change over time.

[Iron Man #231]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I'm worried that Duggan and Posehn won't find time to write more Queen into their run before it's over.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
DID SOMEONE SAY QUEEN

(SEX CRIMINALS #3, OF COURSE)

Meanwhile there's another amazing homage in SEX CRIMINALS #9 but even with a lot of tasteful censoring the dialogue's definitely not for polite workspaces, so unless you work at the saucy dialogue factory :nws: don't click this at work! :nws:

Majuju fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 12, 2015

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

During the Secret Invasion arc from Way's run (you know, before it flew off the rails), Nick Fury told Deadpool about how he was getting intel from the Skrulls on how to "kill a queen." Deadpool started singing Queen lyrics about dynamite and a laser beam and Fury had no idea what he was talking about because Fury is a loving square.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Majuju posted:

Meanwhile there's another amazing homage in SEX CRIMINALS #9 but even with a lot of tasteful censoring the dialogue's definitely not for polite workspaces, so unless you work at the saucy dialogue factory :nws: don't click this at work! :nws:
Check who the director and the lube-boy are.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Majuju posted:

DID SOMEONE SAY QUEEN

(SEX CRIMINALS #3, OF COURSE)

You don't need to censor like 90% of the tits on page? If it's NWS people shouldn't click it.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

...Wait, why are Typhoid Mary and Black Cat working together to kill the Hawkeyes?

Because sleeping with Daredevil and going batshit insane go hand in hand.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

SilverSupernova posted:

Because sleeping with Daredevil and going batshit insane go hand in hand.

So it's not the brain cancer regeneration, it's actually syphillis?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know the source, or what the gently caress is going on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's from Neal Adams' modern masterpiece, Batman: Odyssey.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Such an octopus of a thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As for what the gently caress is going on in that panel, or the comic as a whole? :iiam:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Golden Age Flash doesn't have time for this poo poo.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Johnny Thunder seems like a cool dude

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

muscles like this? posted:

Did Cliff Cornwall just photobomb the flash?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Say Nothing posted:

Who is that guy looking at Bruce's junk?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I like that Johnny Thunder says "wham!" when he punches bad guys.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also I guess Johnny Thunder's superhero costume is "shop clerk." Better than Cliff Cornwall though, who has decided he doesn't have to do little things like "put on a costume" or "come up with a superhero name."

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Cliff Cornwall is clearly just John Constantine operating under an alias.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

You have to appreciate simpler times, when the only thing you had to do to warrant some sort of hero status was just own something as mundane as a whip. It's basically the larval form of Flash's rogue gallery with people like Captain Boomerang.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

That's from Neal Adams' modern masterpiece, Batman: Odyssey.

I'm still sad that All Star Batman never finished, but the insanity that was Odyssey ended up filling that void.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

It's it obvious? Alfred and Bruce's relationship has evolved from acerbic but good-humored jabs at a vengeance-obsessed emotional cripple to straight-up bullying an autistic manchild.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

McSpanky posted:

It's it obvious? Alfred and Bruce's relationship has evolved from acerbic but good-humored jabs at a vengeance-obsessed emotional cripple to straight-up bullying an autistic manchild.

As it should be

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Batman:Odyssey is the kind of masterpiece that validates the existence and history of all comic books.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I haven't read Batman Odyssey, but Comics Alliance's six part recap was really in depth.

http://comicsalliance.com/tags/batman-odyssey/

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Uthor posted:

I haven't read Batman Odyssey, but Comics Alliance's six part recap was really in depth.

Holy poo poo, this is fantastic. So much more insane than All-Star Batman could ever hope to be.

e: Holy bipolar mood swings, Batman!

Also, his saying "not by a long shot" at the end is kind of awesome, given how he herded folks off the exploding train.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 14, 2015

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Heh, just looking at Bruce's face you can tell what word he was going to say before Alfred cuts him off.

Well, it's that or "For your information..."

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

All-New Ultimates #12 is the final issue in a series that could've been good but wasn't. But at the very least, it gave us this quaint discussion on the nature of skulls:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Majuju posted:

All-New Ultimates #12 is the final issue in a series that could've been good but wasn't. But at the very least, it gave us this quaint discussion on the nature of skulls:

Is that Ultimate Glob?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Uthor posted:

My only regret with this is that they didn't point out that there's two (equally) disturbing implications on the reveal of the Exposition Hostage's identity.

I'll spoiler tag it in case anybody else wants to read Odyssey or that recap: Either Bruce just casually has Clark over for a naked chat, slowly redressing throughout, or Clark was having himself a little naked peek at Bruce and slowly pulled his vision back over time.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
I just finished the recaps and... I think I need to read this series for myself...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Uthor posted:

Holy poo poo.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

Best thing about this series of articles is that it took them two years to work the nerve up to do that last part.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Did the guy who did the art also do the art for mad magazine? I doubt it but goddamn does it look similar.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

David D. Davidson posted:

Did the guy who did the art also do the art for mad magazine? I doubt it but goddamn does it look similar.

No its Neal Adams one of the greatest comic artists of all time.