Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A little bit past his prime. Or it could be a case of modern coloring looking poo poo with traditional pencils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

David D. Davidson posted:

Did the guy who did the art also do the art for mad magazine? I doubt it but goddamn does it look similar.

THANK GOD I'm not the only one who was thinking that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

David D. Davidson posted:

Did the guy who did the art also do the art for mad magazine? I doubt it but goddamn does it look similar.

Thank you, the art reminded me of something but I couldn't place what.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It reminds me more of the Doom comic. Like that top image on the Comic's Alliance page should have "Rip and tear," in it somewhere. Or "You have big guts."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

No its Neal Adams one of the greatest comic artists of all time.

Not that you'd be able to tell from this book.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SynthOrange posted:

A little bit past his prime. Or it could be a case of modern coloring looking poo poo with traditional pencils.

These days he focuses his energy on exposing the grand hoax of tectonic theory perpetrated by Big Science.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Holy poo poo lol

I got to the part where Batman catches a punch WITH HIS SHOULDER BLADES and almost died laughing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bobkatt013 posted:

No its Neal Adams one of the greatest comic artists of all time.
And a man who doesn't believe in plate tectonics

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
This thread made me read Nextwave. This is a good thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

This thread made me read Nextwave. This is a good thing.

Did you know it's the only comic in the world to have an official theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuosmf1_mKs

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Keldroc posted:

These days he focuses his energy on exposing the grand hoax of tectonic theory perpetrated by Big Science.

You don't have to be a geologist to know how absurd this is, but buddy it sure helps.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think Neal is slowly going down the same route Gil Kane did, no layouts, no erasing. Once it's on the page it's on the page and he draws everything with a Sharpie.

Edit: I say this because when I saw him in Chicago some years back he was exclusively using Sharpies for every sketch he did.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 16, 2015

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I think Neal is slowly going down the same route Gil Kane did, no layouts, no erasing. Once it's on the page it's on the page and he draws everything with a Sharpie.

Edit: I say this because when I saw him in Chicago some years back he was exclusively using Sharpies for every sketch he did.

Meh, I haven't been to a con, but I can't imagine anyone popular doing sketches with a pencil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Meh, I haven't been to a con, but I can't imagine anyone popular doing sketches with a pencil.

I have a whole sketchbook full of sketches that were done in pencil and then finished in ink.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Lurdiak posted:

There was actually a Runaways theme song written by one of the Marvel editors a few years ago that they released on the official Marvel site, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find it on youtube (not that I looked past the first page of results), I might have to upload it myself so it might not die completely forgotten.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Angry Walrus posted:

There was actually a Runaways theme song written by one of the Marvel editors a few years ago that they released on the official Marvel site, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find it on youtube (not that I looked past the first page of results), I might have to upload it myself so it might not die completely forgotten.

You can still download it from the Marvel Website.

Sadly not the Nextwave theme song, though.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lurdiak posted:

Well, it's more a mixtape than a dedicated theme, but Kieron Gillen makes tailored playlists for each of his books (not sure if it's per arc or as a whole).

And then there's Phonogram, which is just... yeah.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm not a big fan of Gillen necessarily, though I do think he's done some real quality stuff, but I bought Phonogram for like $3 'cause it was on sale and it is one of the most insufferable goddamn things I have ever read, holy poo poo. It just makes me want to punch a thing, preferrably his face.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm not a big fan of Gillen necessarily, though I do think he's done some real quality stuff, but I bought Phonogram for like $3 'cause it was on sale and it is one of the most insufferable goddamn things I have ever read, holy poo poo. It just makes me want to punch a thing, preferrably his face.

The second trade is way better than the first. I got them both at the same time, but reading the first one put me off of reading the second one for a good long time.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Keldroc posted:

Holy poo poo, that reads like a Toblerone Triangular post. But where TT was fakeposting it sounds like Adams actually believes in this craziness.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The Mentalizer posted:

it sounds like Adams actually believes in this craziness.
He really does--this has been going on for awhile, now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he's been sniffing his sharpies a bit too much?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Why do so many comic book creators seem to suffer genuine mental breakdowns?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Because they're NERDS, with the typical self-loathing and mental instability that typically accompanies that, with the added pressure that writing multiple books on a deadline brings.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I know every time Odyssey comes up people find out about it for the first time or whatever but still as the title says Post Funny Panels.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hakkesshu posted:

This. Phonogram v1 is self-indulgent poo poo.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

No idea where it's from.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Schneider Heim posted:

No idea where it's from.

Google says Doom Patrol #70

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

e: Thanks ^ ^ ^

Schneider Heim posted:

No idea where it's from.

Doom Patrol #70. The guy built the crotch-cannon because he's tired of feeling emasculated because of his tiny dick.

The woman wearing the mask (for whatever reason) has the power to melt things by touching them.

I think you can all figure out where this is going.

e: Same issue.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 17, 2015

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Amazing X-Men 15

All I want for Christmas is for Rockslide to be the Juggernaut.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Diet Poison posted:

Amazing X-Men 15

All I want for Christmas is for Rockslide to be the Juggernaut.

Especially if they talk Cain Marko into teaching ultra-heavyweight fighting techniques at the Jean Grey School. I swear old Juggs' relationship with Squidboy was some of my favorite x-men ever, even though it was in the middle of an otherwise terrible Chuck Austin run.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
So, Rockslide is still The Best Character?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Those three guys are either stoned as hell or just absolutely sick and tired of being trapped in a plane with Rockslide.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Or possibly played by James Franco.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Avengers #40:

I've been falling out of love with Hickman's Avengers but if he announced he was writing a Sunspot and Cannonball ongoing I would buy every issue.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're right, he did.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Am I the only one that likes this look better than Cat-Beast and Wolverine hair Beast?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
You're not alone. I hate Cat-Beast in particular.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Cat beast is better, but I'm the weirdo who liked that donkey beast that showed up for two panels in SWORD or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cat beast is the best. I hate frasierface.