Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Shaxor sounds and looks like a mix between Shatner and Namor. He's going to woo that lady.

"Shaxor normally prefers his females with exoskeletons however, he is intrigued by your soft and wrinkled carapace and your lack of gills, elderly human."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Today's page from John Allison's Conan the Barbarian comic, Conan: The Blood Egg

Also, not a comic panel, but I follow Daniel Warren Johnson on Instagram and he posted the cover to his 49th sketchbook. I feel like those two stickers tell a story.

The_Other fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 18, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The story is that everyone loves Bluey

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Vlaphor posted:

Then maybe don't speak your scheme to trick the blind person less than two feet away from said blind person.

The best part is that this is exactly how she found out. She reveals to them at the end of the story (after several years) that she's known all along because she heard that conversation.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
That's not fair! The rules of old silly comics are clear- conversations happening within earshot are clearly not intended to be audible, and are merely authorial shorthand! Bah, I say!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Avengers #30 (1966)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

(later)

All-Flash #14 (1944)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #9 (2001)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
From today's Wonder Woman. Cheesy as hell but I found it amusing:

Tom King should really write slice-of-life stuff more often than loads-of-trauma stuff.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

From today's Wonder Woman. Cheesy as hell but I found it amusing:

Tom King should really write slice-of-life stuff more often than loads-of-trauma stuff.

That smug panel is perfection.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Batman issue he wrote where Bruce and Selina have a double date with Clark and Lois was arguably the high point of his run.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
people are dying in an earthquake on the other side of the world Clark can't you hear them

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FMguru posted:

The Batman issue he wrote where Bruce and Selina have a double date with Clark and Lois was arguably the high point of his run.

I don't know who would argue with you about that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Supperman enjoying his dad joke era

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

people are dying in an earthquake on the other side of the world Clark can't you hear them

They're not dying from the Earthquake they're dying from his joke

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

site posted:

Supperman enjoying his dad joke era

Super dad joke powers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

"Nah, Jon's got that. Or Conner. Or Kenan. One of em, anyway"

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

evilmiera posted:

They're not dying from the Earthquake they're dying from his joke

No no, one of Superman's lesser known powers is that when he makes a lame dad joke, it triggers a groan so powerful the earth itself trembles.

Also why is Superman drinking out of a flower vase?

Kantesu fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 19, 2024

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Kantesu posted:

Also why is Superman drinking out of a flower vase?

Looking at the background, they appear to be at Alien Starbucks so that's probably a fancy coffee from outer space.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well superman has, somehow, had the time to sample a lot of cafes, diners and eateries across the universe.
This is one of them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's a whole manga about his food adventures in Japan

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Infinitum posted:

The story is that everyone loves Bluey

Technically, that's Bingo.

But yes.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Pedantically, that's a sticker bearing the image of the fictional character Bingo from the cartoon Bluey.

But yes.

Grendels Dad posted:

Looking at the background, they appear to be at Alien Starbucks so that's probably a fancy coffee from outer space.

An ice cream or shake probably, He already has a cup of coffee.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Vonnie posted:

Pedantically, that's a sticker bearing the image of the fictional character Bingo from the cartoon Bluey.

But yes.

An ice cream or shake probably, He already has a cup of coffee.

Pedantically, that's a photo of a sticker bearing the image *beaten to death with giant pipes weilded by the shades of Rene Magritte, Jacques Derrida and Michael Foucault*

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vonnie posted:

This sticker of Bluey is called “Bingo”.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Bazinga

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Elissimpark posted:

Pedantically, that's a photo of a sticker bearing the image *beaten to death with giant pipes weilded by the shades of Rene Magritte, Jacques Derrida and Michael Foucault*

The correct response.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Vault of Horror #27 (1952)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #9 (2001)

The exact same vibes of immediately shooting the winner of the Nipton Lottery in Fallout.

:golfclap:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Darthemed posted:

The Vault of Horror #27 (1952)

...And the giant rat that makes all of da rules...

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Marc Spector: Moon Knight #20 (1990)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
This week's Batman/Superman: World's Finest #25 was a lot of fun. Things start off with a Luthor/Joker teamup...

...and later on Batman fights a Pikachu.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Uncle Scrooge #15 (1956)

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Darthemed posted:

Uncle Scrooge #15 (1956)

Strangely, one could replace Uncle Scrooge with the Hulk in this panel and it would still work.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Myok posted:

Strangely, one could replace Uncle Scrooge with the Hulk in this panel and it would still work.

That's not the only panel you can do that to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, but the page of immortal hulk where he's a head in a jar is a bit too perfect. it's jarring.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

This week's Batman/Superman: World's Finest #25 was a lot of fun. Things start off with a Luthor/Joker teamup...

That is a really nice update of "dressed to kill" Lex Luthor. Just a smidge more armoured without straying into New 52 territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, but the page of immortal hulk where he's a head in a jar is a bit too perfect. it's jarring.

Presumably the jarring took place before that.