Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Same vibe.

I hope X-Men '97 does well enough that they can sneak this in somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SimonChris posted:

The Man of Steel #4 (1986)

Excuse me, Sir, the Post Horny Panels thread is... *checks notes* hmmm... I can't seem to find it on this list.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SimonChris posted:

IIRC Lois is like, "How do you keep up your physique with those weights? They're lighter than the ones I use to work out." He hems and haws his way through with, "Wrll, they're old weights..." but she's stopped listening because they're headed to the roof where Luthor's helicopter is waiting to whisk them away to a party.

And I still can't remember what my wife told me she wants for her birthday but drat it I've got that arcane comics knowledge down pat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Admiralty Flag posted:

IIRC Lois is like, "How do you keep up your physique with those weights? They're lighter than the ones I use to work out." He hems and haws his way through with, "Wrll, they're old weights..." but she's stopped listening because they're headed to the roof where Luthor's helicopter is waiting to whisk them away to a party.

And I still can't remember what my wife told me she wants for her birthday but drat it I've got that arcane comics knowledge down pat.

I always thought it would be funny if there was a Superman comic where he just does actually look super out of shape because e doesn't ever actually physically exert himself the way a normal human who looks buff does.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

SimonChris posted:

Hark, a Vagrant!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Air Skwirl posted:

I always thought it would be funny if there was a Superman comic where he just does actually look super out of shape because e doesn't ever actually physically exert himself the way a normal human who looks buff does.

Powers did that, sorta. Walker and Wolf, equals in strength, both got depowered while fighting, and Walker proceeded to beat the poo poo out of Wolf because Walker actually bothered to stay in shape and Wolf didn't. He was screaming "you should have kept in better shape, you gently caress" the whole time too

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Always so good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Medalist

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Instantly made me remember that one time I saw a hockey goalie getting slashed with those. That's an accident waiting to happen!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Argue posted:

Powers did that, sorta. Walker and Wolf, equals in strength, both got depowered while fighting, and Walker proceeded to beat the poo poo out of Wolf because Walker actually bothered to stay in shape and Wolf didn't. He was screaming "you should have kept in better shape, you gently caress" the whole time too
Man, the art and proofreading are pretty loving bad, but it is a compelling story.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Shaddak posted a thread asking where that infamous panel of one of Superman's eyes becoming gigantic comes from, turns out it's from Lois Lane #116 (thanks Synthbuttrange)

There's a lot of good stuff in that issue, but I liked this motorbike that goes so fast, Superman can't keep up with it:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

The Man of Steel #1 (1986)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Clark we know you're solar powered but you gotta wear a shirt when you're doing farm work. It raises questions.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It certainly raises a bunch of things.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Clark we know you're solar powered but you gotta wear a shirt when you're doing farm work. It raises questions.

That's not Clark. It's his parents looking for the planet with the best beefcake to send their son.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SimonChris posted:

The Man of Steel #1 (1986)

Crikey! It's Crocodile Farmdee

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SimonChris posted:

That's not Clark. It's his parents looking for the planet with the best beefcake to send their son.

Lara getting all horned up for Pa Kent, then?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Lara getting all horned up for Pa Kent, then?

I think it's just a random farmer, representative of the buff savages of Earth. A bit more context:

Every waking hour, eh, Jor-El? I get it.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i think hes also 97 feet tall

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
"The nation known as 'Finland' has similar such beings, but with larger

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #53 (1944)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Air Skwirl posted:

Rising Stars explores this sort of thing. For example, there's a character who is physically invulnerable. He winds up overweight, out of shape, and working as a security guard, because being invulnerable actually isn't that useful without all of the secondary powers usually assumed to be included. For example, he tries to become a football player, but sucks; he's not fast, he's not strong; he just doesn't get hurt when he gets tackled, but it's not like he got extra inertia rooting him in place. He terribly overeats because due to the complete lack of physical sensation in his skin, his sole source of physical pleasure is the taste of food. I think it's strongly implied that he is sexually dysfunctional due to the 'can't feel physical touch' thing. He just doesn't enjoy the idea of exercise or working out, so he doesn't.

He's also easily murdered by being suffocated; he's invulnerable, but still needs to breathe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Butterball from Marvel's The Initiative had an inverse problem in that he was basically invulnerable in every way that mattered, but when his powers kicked it locked his physicality in to how he looked on the day they activated.

So he's a tubby slow overweight kid, who no matter how hard he exercises will never get stronger, or faster, or lose any weight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it was a fun first half of full metal jacket-esque story except he was a nice dude and gets a happy ending thanks to two bros .

From Avengers the Initiative 13.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it was a fun first half of full metal jacket-esque story except he was a nice dude and gets a happy ending thanks to two bros .

From Avengers the Initiative 13.

I will always love a self-aware Jobber villain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Someone have that panel of Batroc talking about how he's the best at fighting Captain America, like he always loses, but it takes long enough the other guys can get away with the loot? I think it was in a Gwenpool book.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Someone have that panel of Batroc talking about how he's the best at fighting Captain America, like he always loses, but it takes long enough the other guys can get away with the loot? I think it was in a Gwenpool book.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Captain Marvel - Assault on Eden: post-big fight moments with Wiccan and Hulkling

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

In the JLA/Avengers miniseries, of course in the fourth issue they go crazy and have the two teams mix and match who they're fighting side-by-side with, and who's attacking them.

Captain America is set upon by Batman's JLA-level villain, Prometheus. As an example of who this guy is, in a previous fight with Bats on the JLA watchtower satellite, he said, "I've just downloaded the skills of the world's 30 best martial artists to my brain. Don't look so cocky...one of them is you," before he beat Bats within an inch of his life.

So, naturally, he taunts Cap. "I'm Prometheus. I've just uploaded Batman's fighting skills. That'll be more than enough to defeat you." Cap: "Oh?" A page later, they cut back to their fight. Cap is uppercutting Prometheus, saying, "Neural chaff -- hypnotic strobe lights -- counterfeit skills -- try fighting the Wehrmacht, mister: it teaches you focus!" before laying him out.

Meanwhile, who does Bats get to face?

(JLA/Avengers had some problems, but it was a lot of fun for what it was.)

Admiralty Flag fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 15, 2024

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Heroic Legend of Araslan

Medalist

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The Virtue of Vera Valiant 6/26/77

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kennel posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 6/26/77

He would after you made him sell his peanut farm

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Has Batroc ever tried to pose as Thanos for a heist? Do we know with any degree of certainty that Batroc is not in fact Thanos?

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!
You can very honestly say that nobody's ever seen Thanos and Batroc in the same room together.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Gummy Joe posted:

You can very honestly say that nobody's ever seen Thanos and Batroc in the same room together.
:colbert:

apparently you had to get several similar packs to build Thanos, lmao that the torso one was Batroc. Cap and Iron Man for each leg, Hellcat and Spider Woman for left arms and heads (one of each per each but nothing different about the parts), Hulk for right arm

stringless fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 16, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Admiralty Flag posted:

Meanwhile, who does Bats get to face?

Batman, Batroc, I think it's pretty obvious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I believe it is from this one shot. He basically points out that even being able to fight Cap evenly makes him ludicrously skilled by any other measure

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher #221 (2018)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger