Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Darthemed posted:

Superman / Supergirl: Maelstrom #3 (2009)

Cape Buffalo has entered the chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge #17 (1957)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Darthemed posted:

Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge #17 (1957)

God, I devoured those comics as a kid.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah, Carl Barks and Don Rosa were fantastic.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philippe posted:

Yeah, Carl Barks and Don Rosa were fantastic.

For sure, almost as good as mid-tier Italian and South American Disney artists.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #11 (2002)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Happy 4/20

Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #4

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Happy 4/20

Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #4

How many Marvel characters have killed Hitler? The first was the original Human Torch, Bucky claims he did it (I suspect because Bendis didn't know or care about the Human Torch doing it), Deadpool did it, now Cosmic Ghost Rider. Am I missing any?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Air Skwirl posted:

How many Marvel characters have killed Hitler? The first was the original Human Torch, Bucky claims he did it (I suspect because Bendis didn't know or care about the Human Torch doing it), Deadpool did it, now Cosmic Ghost Rider. Am I missing any?

If we count Hate-Monger, the Hitler clone, then Hate-Monger himself, twice.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I want to make a joke about the Nazi Party having a division devoted entirely to intercepting time travelers who want to assassinate Hitler, but I have a feeling some writer has actually done that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like the Human Torch one the best because it's insanely brutal for a comic that old.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I will never get tired of that flameproof button

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Were there comics where Wolverine or Batman beat up Saddam Hussein or whatever while he was still alive? I don't know when the golden age stuff was published, but that famous Captain America cover with Hitler being punched came out while Hitler was still alive, didn't it?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

Were there comics where Wolverine or Batman beat up Saddam Hussein or whatever while he was still alive? I don't know when the golden age stuff was published, but that famous Captain America cover with Hitler being punched came out while Hitler was still alive, didn't it?

It came out before America had even entered the war.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A Strange Aeon posted:

Not only that, it came out before the US entered the war.

E: beaten like Hitler

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

A Strange Aeon posted:

Adventures of Superman #427 (1987)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Adventures of Superman #428 (1987)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

The Captain America cover where he's punching Hitler came out before we entered the war. We were giving or loaning money and weapons to the Brits at the time but it was before Pearl Harbor.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

Well, there was that time the Joker became an ambassador for the Ayatollah.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I remember a TMNT comic where one of the Turtles punched out Hitler as well though I forget which series it was

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Larryb posted:

I remember a TMNT comic where one of the Turtles punched out Hitler as well though I forget which series it was

It was the Archie TMNT comic.

Hitler also later shoots himself. Time travelling mutant sharks and brain-stealing aliens were involved.

Sidenote:
The final storyline for the series was cancelled before it could be finished, but a crowd-funded fan project in 2019-2023 had the final issues made based on old scripts and cover art with the blessing of some of the original creators.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 20, 2024

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

^^^ :argh:

I forget which issue, but it was like Cyber TMNT or something and involved a time travelling shark and Hitlers brain

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I assume he's talking about the Holocaust and the overall war but I've always thought that line would be cool on its own as a catchphrase. Laying out a bad guy with your strongest punch, "For the Millions!"

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Keromaru5 posted:

I want to make a joke about the Nazi Party having a division devoted entirely to intercepting time travelers who want to assassinate Hitler, but I have a feeling some writer has actually done that.

Yep, its in a webcomic. This one comic, don't have time to find it right now: https://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2305

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

habituallyred posted:

Yep, its in a webcomic. This one comic, don't have time to find it right now: https://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2305

This one?

https://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3266

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Beautiful.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

I assume he's talking about the Holocaust and the overall war but I've always thought that line would be cool on its own as a catchphrase. Laying out a bad guy with your strongest punch, "For the Millions!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFAkmkfcTfU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

And Milliiiooooons

efb: drat beaten above.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Suleman posted:

It was the Archie TMNT comic.

This is why turtle isn't kosher.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Keromaru5 posted:

This is the one that I always remember

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sure there's an interesting concept somewhere of Hitler being cloned indefinitely via Venture Bros sleeping pod memory backup devices, so the Nazi Time Cops basically replace him every time someone comes back in time to kill him - Thus always maintaining the timeline no matter how many times he's killed

ANYWAY!

Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #28

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

(later)

Adventures into the Unknown #93 (1958)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That babe is SMOKIN'.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just one day too late to be really appropriate :2bong:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The guy who invented PEZ had other inventions, but they were less sucessful it seems.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ceci n'est pas une PEZ

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Star Wars: Bounty Hunters #28

This is kinda hot

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

This is kinda hot

Is it the googly eye sticker someone stuck on their eye?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao I didnt notice that.

I was more distracted by Vader going, 'Tsk, let me fix you up. There you go handsome.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Lmao I didnt notice that.

I was more distracted by Vader going, 'Tsk, let me fix you up. There you go handsome.'

I was thinking of a dad tying his kid's shoe