Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Super Dan posted:

Superman also decided that the general public shouldn't see that he's now a lion, so he travels by burrowing underground.

Lois can't even tell that there's anything wrong when she looks at the back of his head

All of this somehow makes me think the real problem is that Clark Kent really despises the Wizard of Oz, and hates looking like the Cowardly Lion reminding him of it.

Please tell me this is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Superman burrowing just makes me want a comic about the Department of Superhuman Applications. "I mean, yeah, Moleman, you could try to conquer the city and get beaten up again. Ooooooooor... there are 25 cities willing to pay pretty drat high contracting prices for high-speed sewage and subway, and highway tunnel development..."

Then they have to deal with all the loving superdivas.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I love comic books so much

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dareon posted:

I know​ we give Lois a lot of poo poo for being as observant as a goldfish, but good christ how do you miss a loving mane.
That's not just a mane, that's Supermane.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
That Alpha Flight page can never be appreciated enough.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Superman burrowing just makes me want a comic about the Department of Superhuman Applications. "I mean, yeah, Moleman, you could try to conquer the city and get beaten up again. Ooooooooor... there are 25 cities willing to pay pretty drat high contracting prices for high-speed sewage and subway, and highway tunnel development..."

That's almost what Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat was. She starts a temp agency for people with not-too-impressive powers or people with powers who don't want to get into superheroics. The temp agency subplot gets pushed aside though, but she does convince her telekinetic roommate to get a job at a bookstore lifting boxes, get a guy with the power to control bedbugs to be an exterminator, and get a girl with a literal bag of holding with infinite space to get into the moving biz.

since I'm talking about it, here's something from Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat #12:

Why has nobody ever thought to have Jubilee float around as a cloud with sunglasses until now?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Is Jubilee still a vampire and if so is turning into a cloud one of her vampire powers?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

Is Jubilee still a vampire and if so is turning into a cloud one of her vampire powers?

Yes, and turning into mist is a traditional vampire power, the cloud is just a fun way of showing it.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Dareon posted:

I know​ we give Lois a lot of poo poo for being as observant as a goldfish, but good christ how do you miss a loving mane.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mullet Superman!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Skwirl posted:

That's the horse Supergirl dates, right?

On the occasions when a magic comet turns him into a human, yes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

Underlion, underlion, speed of lightning roar of thunder.

fighting all who rob or plunder

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

When you have to go to ****** for your footnotes, you've reached MAXIMUM COMICS. :golfclap:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Dareon posted:

Maybe Lois thinks Superman just done the super cocaine from "Jekyll and Hyde, Together Again"

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That skank thinks she owns this city? Oh hell no! This looks like a job for

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is loving dogshit.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Of all the things not to retcon a month later... Why on earth is Jubilee still a vampire?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Actually it's Jubilee, but you were close

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ignite Memories posted:

Of all the things not to retcon a month later... Why on earth is Jubilee still a vampire?

Vampires can be cool, as long as you don't take them too seriously.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Vampires actually rule, when they're done right. Dracula was a Doom-level threat in the MU before Dr. Strange destroyed him and every other vampire on Earth with the Montesi formula (I have no idea how Dracula et al came back from that).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Didn't Hulk fight Dracula during Fear Itself?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pastry of the Year posted:

Vampires actually rule, when they're done right. Dracula was a Doom-level threat in the MU before Dr. Strange destroyed him and every other vampire on Earth with the Montesi formula (I have no idea how Dracula et al came back from that).

I want to say it happened when Urthona stole Doc's house and all the magic goodies inside it in a bid to become the new Sorcerer Supreme. In order to beat him, Doc had to destroy all his stuff, which meant a whole bunch of nasty critters were no longer kept out of our world.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jubilee The Vampire is somehow and completely inexplicably far better than Jubilee The Not Vampire.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Jubilee The Vampire Mom is somehow and completely inexplicably far better than Jubilee The Not Vampire Mom.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Vampire Jubilee's time with X-23 was pretty good stuff.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Now I'm in the mood for this kind of thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c67wwdKPhqM

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't know, the idea of a vampire making bright flashes of light is sort of weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The best use of Marvel vampires was shooting them at earth from the moon

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

The best use of Marvel vampires was shooting them at earth from the moon

I haven't read the comics, I've only read about them, but vampires colonizing the moon is such a great goddamn idea that I can't believe it hadn't already been done.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pastry of the Year posted:

I haven't read the comics, I've only read about them, but vampires colonizing the moon is such a great goddamn idea that I can't believe it hadn't already been done.

"Captain Britain and MI-13" -- it's great stuff.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

One of the very few issues of Alpha Flight I had as a kid had Langkowski being forced to go to divorce court by his soon-to-be ex-wife (whom he was still married to in the page shown above, despite schtupping Aurora). They instead spent several pages explaining that same summary, with redrawn flashback panels. I have to assume they summarized his story many, many times to explain how he was suddenly a chick, and was white in Sass form.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dareon posted:

I don't know, the idea of a vampire making bright flashes of light is sort of weird.

She hasn't had her mutant powers since M-Day.

Edit: To emphasize.
Jubilee was introduced in 1989. She lost her powers in 2006 and has been depowered for over a decade. She has had no powers for almost as long as she has had powers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

Jubilee was introduced in 1989. She lost her powers in 2006 and has been depowered for over a decade. She has had no powers for almost as long as she has had powers.

And she's been the worst Marvel character for that entire time!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

11 isn't almost 17.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rhyno posted:

And she's been the worst Marvel character for that entire time!
Please do not sell short Adam X The X-Treme.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

11 isn't almost 17.

It is in Alabama!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skwirl posted:

11 isn't almost 17.

Yeah the Jared Fogle defense doesn't work.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Dareon posted:

Just a reminder that everyone pretty much agreed right away that the Cyborg-Superman thing that showed up like a day after Superman died was probably Superman, and everything is fine.

Then when the real Superman came back, everyone said he was a fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah the Jared Fogle defense doesn't work.

:golfclap:

I laughed so hard I may have hurt myself.