Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

That was the same issue that gave us this classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Fraction's Hawkeye was too good for this earth.

The first two series of Casanova probably hit the same bits of feelings Hawkeye did, just with different but equally amazing art.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Skwirl posted:

The first two series of Casanova probably hit the same bits of feelings Hawkeye did, just with different but equally amazing art.

Yeah, but no pizza dog. Pizza dog is a big deal.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ecavalli posted:

Yeah, but no pizza dog. Pizza dog is a big deal.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Evil Mastermind posted:

Marvel did actually did books breaking down every piece of superhero gear.

are we all so enamored of arrows that we didn't notice the goddamn uranium darts? Moon Knight's gonna poison the gently caress out of people with these :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's in the post you quoted!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I love that Moon Knight uses depleted uranium in his throwing knives.

He can only really poison people if they shatter into breathable particulates.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
At that point, isn't it basically just lead? I mean it's being used here to just add a bit of weight to the front edge. But saying that he recycles sinkers from the local bait shop isn't as cool as him using depleted uranium.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

CzarChasm posted:

At that point, isn't it basically just lead? I mean it's being used here to just add a bit of weight to the front edge. But saying that he recycles sinkers from the local bait shop isn't as cool as him using depleted uranium.

Depleted uranium is significantly denser than lead.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Proteus Jones posted:

I love that all the Russian mob wear Adidas track suits in Fraction's run.

I especially loved the two goons that looked like Charles Bronson, except one looked like the American actor and the other looked like the British prisoner

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

It doesn't say 'depleted uranium' is says 'spent uranium'. Spent uranium fuel rods are super radioactive.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The best part of using Titanium as an armor when dealing with explosives and things that catch fire is just how big a deal it is when Titanium ignites.

Edit: Actual explosion from when the fire gets to the Titanium scrap is at 3:30 in the video linked.

Isn't that literally how Titanium Man died?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Yvonmukluk posted:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Negligent or not, Tony just murdered that man.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cassa posted:

Negligent or not, Tony just murdered that man.

He got kicked out of the Avengers for it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't know if that was the same Titanium Man, the one you're thinking of was Topolov/Gremlin wearing one version of the Titanium Man armor.

And in that one Tony just set him on fire with his rocket boots (and we all know what happens once a Titanium fire gets going).

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Ghostlight posted:

It's in the post you quoted!

He can only really poison people if they shatter into breathable particulates.

But the inserts are right behind the edges. He's going to sink a dart into someone's thigh and they're gonna wind up with heavy metal poisoning.

... Maybe we're better off with posts about comedy archery instead of insidious hazmat missiles.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

prefect posted:

He got kicked out of the Avengers for it.

Was it this incident specifically? It was certainly the cherry on the poo poo sundae that the Armor Wars were, Tony going around beating up anyone in power armor because MY TECH, even though at least one of them had zero Stark tech whatsoever

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Was it this incident specifically? It was certainly the cherry on the poo poo sundae that the Armor Wars were, Tony going around beating up anyone in power armor because MY TECH, even though at least one of them had zero Stark tech whatsoever

I don't have any comic books at my current location, so I'm going by what this guy says: https://peerlesspower.blogspot.com/2015/05/all-is-fair-in-war.html

(I remembered Stingray, but had forgotten about the Mandroids and Guardsmen.)

Side note: Tony faked his death at the end of Armor Wars and immediately started pretending he wasn't the guy in the IM suit. (He was assisted by Firepower, who helpfully nuked him in his red-and-silver suit.) (Actually, I know there was a nuke, but I'm not sure he actually got nuked. Stupid memory... :argh:)

prefect fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 6, 2017

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

prefect posted:

I don't have any comic books at my current location, so I'm going by what this guy says: https://peerlesspower.blogspot.com/2015/05/all-is-fair-in-war.html

(I remembered Stingray, but had forgotten about the Mandroids and Guardsmen.)

Side note: Tony faked his death at the end of Armor Wars and immediately started pretending he wasn't the guy in the IM suit. (He was assisted by Firepower, who helpfully nuked him in his red-and-silver suit.) (Actually, I know there was a nuke, but I'm not sure he actually got nuked. Stupid memory... :argh:)

Tony Stark: The man who piloted the Ironman armour that brutally murded the Titanium man is now dead. Now let us never speak of this again

Captain America: Tony, we need to talk.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I didn't realize Simonson's run literally just starts with Beta Ray Bill. That was good.

Anyway, a follow up to another famous panel.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
This just came out today, and I realize this is about a third of the book, so thank bbcode for spoiler text I guess!

Later that evening...

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Autism Sneaks posted:

This just came out today, and I realize this is about a third of the book, so thank bbcode for spoiler text I guess!

Later that evening...

OK, that poo poo is pretty good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

boo_radley posted:

But the inserts are right behind the edges. He's going to sink a dart into someone's thigh and they're gonna wind up with heavy metal poisoning.

... Maybe we're better off with posts about comedy archery instead of insidious hazmat missiles.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Curb Your Enbatmanism.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
That looks fun, what series is that?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
adjectiveless Batman by Tom King

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Stark spent millions making his suit smirk.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Autism Sneaks posted:

Later that evening...

I need to buy this immediately.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Just get Shane Black to do a Batman and Superman buddy action-comedy already goddamn.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Autism Sneaks posted:

Awesome Batman/Superman stuff.

What book and issue is this? Is DC good now? So many questions!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Autism Sneaks posted:

adjectiveless Batman by Tom King

Basically just buy anything with Tom King's name on it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

10 Beers posted:

What book and issue is this? Is DC good now? So many questions!

It's the latest issue of "Batman". I only subscribe to "Superman" and "Batman", so I can't say to how good the other titles are.

Superman is basically the adventures of Clark, Lois and their kid, Jon.

Batman has been shaping up good too, and this latest one... I just really like how they're going with Clark and Bruce aren't just friendly, but actually good friends. There's real admiration for each other and also each wanting approval from the other. And they just *get* each other.

Also, I think it was last year(?) there were some issues of Clark and Bruce forcing Damien and Jon to work together to solve problems. The relationship between Damien and Jon is good and funny too.

Batman and Superman's relationship also led to the single best page since the Rebirth Era has started.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Just get Shane Black to do a Batman and Superman buddy action-comedy already goddamn.

That’s far too good an idea for Warner Bros. to ever green light. They’d do the same premise, but hire Brett Ratner instead, the fuckin’ morons.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Proteus Jones posted:

It's the latest issue of "Batman". I only subscribe to "Superman" and "Batman", so I can't say to how good the other titles are.

Superman is basically the adventures of Clark, Lois and their kid, Jon.

Batman has been shaping up good too, and this latest one... I just really like how they're going with Clark and Bruce aren't just friendly, but actually good friends. There's real admiration for each other and also each wanting approval from the other. And they just *get* each other.

Also, I think it was last year(?) there were some issues of Clark and Bruce forcing Damien and Jon to work together to solve problems. The relationship between Damien and Jon is good and funny too.

Batman and Superman's relationship also led to the single best page since the Rebirth Era has started.

My favorite part is Supes' "Christ, show some common courtesy and eat my wife's goddamn apple pie, Bruce!" glare.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Which could also be interpreted as "Man, I was kinda looking forward to having a barn glare-off, but now the wife's gotta get involved, and we've having pie, and it's weird"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Which could also be interpreted as "Man, I was kinda looking forward to having a barn glare-off, but now the wife's gotta get involved, and we've having pie, and it's weird"

Yeah, that whole arc can best be described as darkly weird.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I still don't think that looks anything like Lois Lane.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

I still don't think that looks anything like Lois Lane.

I don't know, it looks a little bit like Teri Hatcher.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
From issue #14 of that same Batman series. I'm trying to figure out why Kite Man is so happy in the last panel.

He just got his rear end kicked by Catwoman and Batman.

EDIT:

Also that whole sequence in the Batman-themed restaurant where Damien got the Batmite meal.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

From issue #14 of that same Batman series. I'm trying to figure out why Kite Man is so happy in the last panel.

He just got his rear end kicked by Catwoman and Batman.

EDIT:

Also that whole sequence in the Batman-themed restaurant where Damien got the Batmite meal.

He's just completing the catch phrase from the first panel. If he says "Kite Man" he has to say "hell yeah" even if he just got his rear end kicked.