Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Those suits are so loving terrible but only Danger seems to realize it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's not a dog it's a Cerval :colbert:

Also they were kind of supposed to be bad, New X-Factor was a corporate team

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

quote:

That's terrible staging. It makes Wolverine look gigantic!

[scroll down]

quote:

Oooooooh. Now I get it.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

...where are those men keeping their genitalia? Have they sucked them up into their abdominal cavities like kangaroos?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

TheCenturion posted:

...where are those men keeping their genitalia? Have they sucked them up into their abdominal cavities like kangaroos?

They are mutants.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

purple death ray posted:

Those suits are so loving terrible but only Danger seems to realize it

"Why am I wearing clothes? I'm a freakin' robot!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

Heroes just not liking each other will never not be funny.

I think they get on, Wolverine just really only has one way of dealing with a problem.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Say Nothing posted:

"Why am I wearing clothes? I'm a freakin' robot!"

Danger also has an...uh...awfully humanly body? I mean, sure, give the robot tits, who cares, but it also seems to have some sort of abs, stomach and such.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

What issue is this from? I remember having it as a kid but I could have sworn it was during the time he had bone claws. The coloring also seems definitely post-1994.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'd believe those were supposed to be bone claws. Half the time the only difference was the color anyway.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

When an author just hates a character, I wish they would do something to improve them rather than something like this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

Danger also has an...uh...awfully humanly body? I mean, sure, give the robot tits, who cares, but it also seems to have some sort of abs, stomach and such.

It's what I look for in a woman... fretwork boobs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

TheCenturion posted:

Pretty sure that's been a question for about as long as there have been comics.

Toshimo posted:

These are all p terrible tho:

What's this one look like in the hands of a competent artist?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Even beyond all the other :3: things about this panel, I love the notion that Wolverine just "gets" how ninja clans think on an intuitive level.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MikeJF posted:

Pretty sure that's been a question for about as long as there have been comics.

What's this one look like in the hands of a competent artist?

Ian Churchill is probably the most competent artist who ever drew that design.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I don't know if that's fair to Andy Kubert.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It’s tough to draw feet.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

TheCenturion posted:

I assume all male superheroes are familiar with (I would not bet on this being safe for work) tucking, and get pretty good at it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The unsaid downside to getting superpowers is you're trading it for microdick

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

Eve 6 rules

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Oh god where are all their hips.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SonicRulez posted:

When an author just hates a character, I wish they would do something to improve them rather than something like this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

What the hell is this from, 616 books almost exclusively have all caps in their font. The Maker is the sole exception and he's a refugee from Ultimate.
(I've been binging Ewing's Ultimates)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

the punchline is gay :downswords:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MikeJF posted:

the punchline is gay :downswords:

It's pretty sad when someone manages to go lower than Ennis.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That can't be real, there's a loving cerval on his chest.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Andy Kubert is not a good artist and I honestly have no idea how he has managed to continually get work since he's not particularly fast, either. I assume it's because his last name is "Kubert".

Remember when "retired" Joe Kubert drew more comics in a year than both of his "active" sons combined?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Raphael and Colossus's love child, Storm and Asian Rogue's daughter, Luke Cage and Batman's son, Young The Terror (about the time he punched out Teddy Roosevelt), IceMan and Beast's son, and the daughter of Storm and the Storm Trooper she left Asian Rogue for.*

*not pictured: feet

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Lurdiak posted:

Surprise! It was Frank Tieri, whose entire career can be summarized as looking at Ennis' very worst tendencies and going "mm, sure, but it could be a smidge more homophobic."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Can someone explain the font to me though, is it some terrible Ultimate Universe book?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No, it's 616 continuity Wolverine #186. The font is simply because that convention didn't exist at the time, so the comic was in sentence case.

Lurdiak posted:

He did it in direct response to Ennis' Punisher beating up Wolverine, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm certain I have fond memories of Frank Tieri writing Iron Man and I don't want to go back and check and find out the issues were actually all loving awful instead :smith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

No, it's 616 continuity Wolverine #186. The font is simply because that convention didn't exist at the time, so the comic was in sentence case.

Yeah, I did a quick check, the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil (aka best Marvel comics of the early 21st century) had lowercase letters at the same time while other X-books were all caps. I suspect (but am not going to put much more effort into researching or proving) that it was an early version of trying to make a title more prestigious or something and if you go back farther pretty much every Marvel book is all caps. Someone made a decision that the books should be allowed lowercase letters and got rid of it pretty quickly

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

site posted:

The unsaid downside to getting superpowers is you're trading it for microdick
They're all growers, not showers.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Their penises get temporarily absorbed into the unstable molecules.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, I know. It's like, oh, this other writer did something really juvenile with the character I'm writing to make his pet character look good. Maybe I should do a comeback? Hm, I know, I'll call him a gay!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Isn't that a joke from Murder by Death?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's too early in the morning to try and make jokes outta this so I'll just say the writer needs to go jump off a cliff

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

e X posted:

Isn't that a joke from Murder by Death?

Pretty sure it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yes. When he was called out on the joke Tieri said it wasn't intended to be homophobic it was just an innocent homage.