Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

me before my morning coffee am i right guys :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I would like to subscribe to her newsletter.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TwoPair posted:

Spider-Geddon #4: Various Spider-Men are fielding a team looking for other Spider-people for a team-up. Disclaimer: this one's really only funny if you've played the recent PS4 Spider-Man game (which you should do, btw, it's good PS4s are cheap these days).

Wasn't Earth X Spider-Man a cop?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

prefect posted:

He was! Also, his daughter was Venom. And there was a Spider-Girl from another universe who wound up meeting them, who naturally saw a Venom swinging around and got the wrong idea and they started fighting. Peter than immediately deduced Spider-Girl's identity, and that the two of them realise their relation to one another, they'd basically adopt each other and move in with him.

Paradise X#2.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

One of the best parts of Earth X is when the Thing see's Spider-man and says
"What happened to you. Did you get bitten by a radioactive spare tyre?"

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

God drat it, it's been so long since I've watched that show that i totally forgot. Guess I know what I'm doing New Years.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Zaodai posted:

I know, it makes the world of Japanese organized crime look like such an uncaring and noninclusive place.

I don’t have a dog in that fight but there’s a difference between portraying misogyny and being misogynistic. It’s a question of framing. Whether it’s portrayed as A Bad Thing or questioned in any way versus just being a thing that cool characters do. If it’s the latter then yeah that’s not so great.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I only played up to Kiwami 2 but the worse I remember is that most women end up being damsels in distress

I found the transphobia more unfortunate and I don't think that's going to change any time soon, in videogames or other media.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Is this a new thing from Samura? It looks like quite a departure from his action-y comics but I like it!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Yvonmukluk posted:

He was! Also, his daughter was Venom. And there was a Spider-Girl from another universe who wound up meeting them, who naturally saw a Venom swinging around and got the wrong idea and they started fighting. Peter than immediately deduced Spider-Girl's identity, and that the two of them realise their relation to one another, they'd basically adopt each other and move in with him.

Paradise X#2.

Him being "right" is that when they go off to fight, someone asks why he doesn't stop them and he totally calls that this is how it'll end.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

prefect posted:

Yes, as other people have said. Further, I think that idea was copied from M2, which is the source of the "other" spider-girl posted above.

I'm a bit sad Mayday Parker doesn't seem to be in all this spiderverse stuff?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
She was in the spider girls tie in mini

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yes, as other people have said. Further, I think that idea was copied from M2, which is the source of the "other" spider-girl posted above.

She is, you may not recognize her in various panels/background shots because after the first Spider-Verse, the MC2 Peter Parker died and Mayday started wearing a variant of his costume instead of a variant of Ben Reilly's.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I really wish the Yakuza series weren't also really horribly misogynistic.

There's a lot of really horrible things in the morality of the Yakuza games (the racism stands out to me, particularly against Koreans in 2). The misogyny is just the most apparent to western players because it doesn't require knowing a bit about the societal problems of Japan and how organized crime there works to pick up on it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man that pizza quest certainly was something

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Doc Hawkins posted:

TwoPair posted:

She is, you may not recognize her in various panels/background shots because after the first Spider-Verse, the MC2 Peter Parker died and Mayday started wearing a variant of his costume instead of a variant of Ben Reilly's.
Actually she seems to have gone back to the Reilly one in the Spider-Girls miniseries (having very briefly worn a sort of hybrid variant between Peter & Bens at the end of the Secret Wars side story she had), and considering that her Dad came back to life I wouldn't be surprised if she reverts back to calling herself Spider-Girl (they showed her having trouble making the Spider-Woman name stick in her Secret Wars story). I think going forward, aside from her Dad having his leg back (so hey, he technically came out ahead!) and her knowing the other Spider-people, they'll basically pretend that Spider-Verse essentially never happened.

I figure she's one of the more likely alternate Spider-people to show up in a potential Into The Spider-Verse sequel/spinoff, apart from Silk and Jessica Drew.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gobots #2 :v:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Truly a demonstration of the Cy-kill of abuse

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Out of context Vinland Saga

(The actual translation is closer to "Found you~")

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Oh man, that is creepy as hell.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Bolded Asgardian? LOKI NOOOOO

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Bolded Asgardian? LOKI NOOOOO

I feel like the Anal Host is woefully underutilized in Thor stories.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Proteus Jones posted:

He's all over the stories though? He's part of the trinity - The All-Father, the Odinson and the Anal Host. Read your Norse Bible for crying out loud.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Proteus Jones posted:

There should be a team-up with the worse Hawkeye.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

was hard to pick which of these to post :o:

https://nmpositive.tumblr.com/post/181493597506/thebristolboard-a-gallery-of-spider-mans

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I may need to reevaluate my choice of worst Marvel d-list villains from the 70s (though I really, really, really, really dislike Salem's Seven).

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The men fish seem cool. They should come back as jobbing monsters for hire in the film and TV industry. They could act opposite MJ in a straight to Netflix film.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really appreciating mindworm's outfit

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

really appreciating mindworm's outfit

Defeated when he attempted to leech Spider-Man's brainpower and ended up unable to do even simple tasks. Oh wait, he's not from Newspaper Spider Man.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

joehonkie posted:

Defeated when he attempted to leech Spider-Man's brainpower and ended up unable to do even simple tasks. Oh wait, he's not from Newspaper Spider Man.

Tank top because it's the only garment he could get his massive noggin through
Shorts and sandals to go with the tank top, also they're comfy and easy to wear

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

...the MIND TAKER!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

What's that thing about how all black heroes at the time were martial arts skateboarders?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Evil Mastermind posted:

...the MIND TAKER!

But he's acting more like Shado, the Brain Thief.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Who What Now posted:

What's that thing about how all black heroes at the time were martial arts skateboarders?

https://i.imgur.com/Y6buovR.jpg

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Gotta admit, I have a soft spot for Mindworm. That was one of the first Spider-Man comics I read.
Gerry Conway and Ross Andru took Spidey in some weird directions.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You can't post Rocket Racer and not mention his arch-enemy (seriously):

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Evil Mastermind posted:

...the MIND TAKER!

the lesser known of the awesome facial hair bros

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Evil Mastermind posted:

...the MIND TAKER!

Wait, there's a Marvel werewolf character named Jack Russell?

I can't entirely decide exactly how much I hate that, but I'm sure it's a lot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he's only a werewolf by night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Random Stranger posted:

You can't post Rocket Racer and not mention his arch-enemy (seriously):

Best thing about Big Wheel is that Spidey defeats him by stepping out of the way.