Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

Those are illegal.

"When the President does it, that means it is not illegal" - definitely-not-crook, Richard Nixon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

That's the reveal at the end of the first Secret Empire story in Captain America.

Glad to see someone got the reference I was going for.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

That's the reveal at the end of the first Secret Empire story in Captain America.

He was just Vice-President then, wasn't he? (It's been a while.)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Secret Empire was releasing alongside the breaking of Watergate - the issue of Number One killing himself came out the same month that the house voted to commence impeachment proceedings against Nixon.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ghostlight posted:

Secret Empire was releasing alongside the breaking of Watergate - the issue of Number One killing himself came out the same month that the house voted to commence impeachment proceedings against Nixon.

My bad. :tipshat:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Big 3 #3 (1940)

House of Mystery #168 (1967)

The Man of Steel #3 (1986)

Impulse #43 (1998)

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #4 (2016)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That moment is even better in the movie because Alfred’s voice actor is a true thespian.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Gavok posted:

He's just lucky Nixon didn't break out the nunchucks.

Nixonchucks? Reel-to-reel tape doesn't really work that well as a weapon, it turns out.

Coolguye posted:

That moment is even better in the movie because Alfred’s voice actor is a true thespian.

Is the movie any good? I could Redbox it, but I'd like to know if I should bother.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 22, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
For the record, I understood the black dynamite reference

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

site posted:

Thank you! Finally, someone with taste.

ManiacClown posted:

Is the movie any good? I could Redbox it, but I'd like to know if I should bother.

I watched the initial Batman vs. Shredder fight off YouTube and it makes me want to watch the rest of the movie.

Meanwhile, the latest team-up comic is having a blast with the crossover concept.

That story title, man...

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Gavok posted:

Thank you! Finally, someone with taste.

I watched the initial Batman vs. Shredder fight off YouTube and it makes me want to watch the rest of the movie.

Meanwhile, the latest team-up comic is having a blast with the crossover concept.

That story title, man...

Man, if you're crossing over Batman and TMNT, you should go this balls-out with it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

site posted:

Well, I understood the birthday dynamite reference. :smuggo:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Darthemed posted:

The Inferior Five #1 (1967)

Incredible.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

ManiacClown posted:

It’s great fun but don’t expect it to win any Emmys. A lot of the best humor moments are rather meta, stuff like an Ooze-mutated Harley Quinn photobombing every shot she plausibly can for no greater reason than putting her on camera more often and half of Mikey’s lines - he frequently lampshades DC tropes in that blissfully ignorant Mikey way.

The fight scenes are fantastic but trigger warning there are a small fistful of situations where Batman totally but not really kills a dude.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Later...

And later...

Batman: Manbat #2 (1995)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Please tell me the entire series is this gothic over-the-top Batman being called a doofus by all sorts of regular folk.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I wish. It's mostly stuff about Langstrom living underground with his family and being tempted to release genetically-altered locusts to eat mankind. A little too overwrought, and by the end it devolves into the normal-human-out-of-water character just calling Batman a fascist after everything works out OK.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Darthemed posted:

I wish. It's mostly stuff about Langstrom living underground with his family and being tempted to release genetically-altered locusts to eat mankind. A little too overwrought, and by the end it devolves into the normal-human-out-of-water character just calling Batman a fascist after everything works out OK.

Doesn't Batman defeat the genetically altered locusts by summoning an army of Bats to eat them?
Which I'm still not sure how it would work. Wouldn't the Bats then ruin humanity?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Question IRL posted:

Doesn't Batman defeat the genetically altered locusts by summoning an army of Bats to eat them?
Which I'm still not sure how it would work. Wouldn't the Bats then ruin humanity?

Well yes, but we've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on bat meat.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Question IRL posted:

Nah, Langstrom and his family (and some of his experiments) eat them after Batman gets interrupted trying to kill the contained locusts and lets them loose. It's near nightfall, so the locusts haven't spread beyond the immediate area yet. Langstrom and co. then return underground, and Batman arrests the woman who unknowingly stole the genetic sample to begin with.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Well yes, but we've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on bat meat.

But then we have will have a problem of too many genetically enhanced gorillas.
Fortunately we have a number of scarlet speedsters to deal with the gorillas.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And a bunch of swords we can use to then impale the speedsters.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Question IRL posted:

But then we have will have a problem of too many genetically enhanced gorillas.
Fortunately we have a number of scarlet speedsters to deal with the gorillas.

And that's the beautiful part, when Crisis time rolls around the scarlet speedsters simply disappear

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Samuringa posted:

And that's the beautiful part, when Crisis time rolls around the scarlet speedsters simply disappear

:golfclap: to you both.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

New 52 problems require New 52 solutions.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I got 52 problems but a crisis ain't one

site fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 24, 2019

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Crisis on Exactly 52 Earths

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Housewife discovers a crisis on a 53rd Earth! One crazy trick the government doesn’t want you to know!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sounds like a crisis in a halfshell

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sabrina The Teenage Witch #3

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Monstress is a story about monsters, gods, blood and violence and there's this loving dog right in there.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Sabrina The Teenage Witch #3

I heard this in the sitcom voice and it works. A+.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Synthbuttrange posted:

Monstress is a story about monsters, gods, blood and violence and there's this loving dog right in there.

The dog is a flerken

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dial H #4.
Just cropping out the newspaper comic transformation cause it's over too many full pages, but the other two have amazing spot-on pastiches too.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Summer is Lit.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Batman: Manbat #2 (1995)

I'm glad Batman got to win the WWE title in between his duties as Batman.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

Ah the Legendary feud between Batman and Ric Flair.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mooseontheloose posted:

In between his duties? Nah.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Runaways 22:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Leader is such a nerd.