Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Squidster posted:

This was Strong Female Protagonist, by Dimension 20's own Brennan Lee Mulligan and Molly Ostertag.

right, i remember that became completely unreadable but not the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the former

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rogers actually is quite old now, thanks to a few decades spent in a time dilation dimension. the scene where he condescends toward frank punisher predates that story, of course.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kate pryde wouldn't even need to use her arm because she could just phase objects she's holding into people. but she's been around for a long time and there are a lot of ways to get around her phasing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there have been a lot of doohickeys that specifically disable her powers in various ways. objects she can't phase through, attacks that hit her while phased, etc. she's had far too long a publication history to have been completely invulnerable throughout.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the scene with waller cracked me up

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that diagram lacks the heating element, anyway. it's worthless!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mike's secretly a bear, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MadDogMike posted:

Having experienced a dog with laryngitis (my last beagle engaged in constant sing-alongs with the other dogs whenever we boarded him so by pickup time he howled himself hoarse), I must say it's not amazing so much as just kinda sad to listen to. Sounded more like a goose honking than anything else.

my horrible old cat that always loved screaming all night every night has finally lost his voice. he can still caterwaul somewhat, but normal meowing is now beyond him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is this a bit? it has to be a bit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, well, i remember both the council of reeds and that weird period of exiles where every universe had an evil fantastic four. not every reed richards is worse than hitler, but an alarming percentage are.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's telekinetic. he can grab any of those seemingly unreachable weapons at any time with his mind. i don't think he had tk during x-cutioner's song, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the 90's happened, yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
prez is too implausible to take seriously. how can there be a us president that isn't already a vampire?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's the fbi director badge of office. eagle free chose to interpret it differently, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, i certainly did not get that reference.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whoa, that driver must be really into fisting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he writes for valve now, which means he doesn't produce anything because valve doesn't make games any more.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like ambrose's style

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

davidspackage posted:

Armstrong? But Armstrong's outside banging on the door, screaming to kill Armstrong!

eh, just ignore him. he's always doing that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they could have sent it into their own, non-yellow sun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yes
a gang war

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they're very happily married

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we'll never reach the enlightened star trek future unless people in the present start asking themselves "why can't I wear capes?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hank's pretending that he never fell madly in love with a non-sapient mutated house cat. granted, she was humanoid and he didn't know she was a cat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that does sound fun

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
savage dragon is so dang weird

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

How old is Maxine because it looks like the two are walking home from high school

he's huge, she's short. but they've been married for years (savage dragon runs on real time) and have a bunch of kids.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a weird book, yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my public school history education consisted of running through a hilariously inaccurate version of the revolutionary war every year and then just barely getting through a hilariously inaccurate version of the civil war. it never even got to ww1, much less the civil rights movement.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i pretend to be human all the time. it's not hard, shaxor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, but the page of immortal hulk where he's a head in a jar is a bit too perfect. it's jarring.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they had large, high powered radio transmitters in 1959. what happens when someone stands in front of one? they die. some mystery!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
faldar the sorcerer was 100% correct

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, i can't blame her. who can resist the living embodiment of the 80's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he had a batman origin moment where he looked out the window and said "yes, father. i shall become four vaginas."