Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It's not like they explain the jokes on the page, they're supplemental. I don't see how it makes the comic more or less funny. If you didn't like those jokes, then it's just, I guess a lower percentage of jokes you liked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Most people said they didn't even see it. So you can ignore it if you like the rest of the page. But use your poo poo metaphor I guess.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'll give you that on page 3 the first 3 panels are redundant as hell. But that was a fun story regardless.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess his secondary mutation is to grow pants as well (or he just blew up his torso).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ugh, is that real? Not even Thor's hammer could nail that joke.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Woulda never guessed Benes. No butts in frame.

Yeah, he really half-assed it there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Truly.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I never read that, but maybe she's just pissy because she's going to try and Doctor Fate wasn't going to try? (I don't know anything about that character.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Phylodox posted:

You mean other than the one that already exists?

quote:

Each of the series, guided by writer Warren Ellis,

Is there somewhere that these can be streamed from legally?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, it's me. I'm the one who doesn't understand this pun. Grey jeans?

Now that I type it, I think I get it. Jean Grey, master of death and rebirth. Phoenix. Durhoy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah I'm going to go with that not being a parody of some Sonic comic.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So, Howard The Duck #4:

Wait a second... zoom, enhance!

I've seen that before, Gravity Falls.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

The vast majority of juggalos are just angry, chubby and socially awkward teens to twenty somethings who want to get a drunken handy from someone in grease paint

I was going to make a joke about this being Homestuck cosplayers, and then Unlucky7 comes in and talks about trolls, so...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I haven't read those issues, but she has something on her wrists. I think they come from there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Opinions aren't funny or something cares about, shut the gently caress up.

SilverSupernova posted:

I think Secret Wars 7.
The two are obscured by the Secret Wars banner on the actual book, but Marvel Previews shows the cover without it.

Here's the cover, they're up by Doom's left elbow.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

i_dont_like_thing.jpg

Post panels of comics you do like then.

EDIT: Here's something I posted in another thread, for those who don't want to get into the meta-discussion.

Gambit #17

IUG fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 19, 2015

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oqXVx3sBOk

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He's sprinting in and has lines of panic over his head. He was probably in a bowel emergency mode, and started undoing his belt at least upon entering the door.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

As said, Cap was revealed to be in Hydra the whole time!!! (It's a story and will be undone. Come on now.)

As for those panels, they're from an issue of What If? where Cap saves Erskine and leads a troop of super soldiers in WW2 (basically the Howling Commandos but with super soldier abilities). Needless to say this works out pretty well, but on the ship back to the US, their ship gets sunk by a U-boat and Cap is the only survivor. Note this is all told in flashback by President Cap to Ted Koppel. So, Cap makes it back, becomes head of SHIELD, reveals his identity, and eventually becomes president. He starts distributing the super soldier serum among the populace, but it doesn't work on black people for some reason! Very strange! In this world, Cap can be president-for-life, and is, and stops a bunch of things that would have led to more superheroes (no Spider-Man, no F4, etc.). Eventually in "now", amnesiac Namor gets attacked by the super soldiers and flees into the Arctic, finding Cap's frozen body.

The following issue is "What If Captain America Formed the Avengers?" which continues the story where we learn President Cap is actually Red Skull, and Frozen Cap finds the handful of heroes and creates the Avengers to avenge the mess Red Skull has made (Wolverine with Wendigo powers, Sam Wilson as Giant-Man, Punisher in Iron Man armor, and Namor).

I read this issue a few weeks ago as my shop was selling some back issues for a dollar. The second part was one of the weirdest (in a good way) issues I've read in a while. The mix-matching of the powers to different characters was awesome, and since it was an issue from the 80s, I didn't know about that twist ending. I went back to my shop to buy the second issue with little delay.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I live in CT.

Uncanny Avengers #7:

...a few pages later...

And in issue 8, when he gets mind controlled:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm from Connecticut, and I have to say sorry for the first Civil War.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Not quite a panel, but from the Vision #11 (the second to last comic Tom King is allowed to write for Marvel since he signed exclusively with the other guys) letters page.

I read that free Batman issue that was handed out last week(end) for Batman day. Some joker had Tom's name on it for some reason. He should sue for slander, because the Batman issue was just awful. It's like if someone 8 years old wrote for Batman.

"What if, Batman jumped off a building, into the Batmobile, which rocketed him into the sky, and then he lassos a plane, uses rockets to steer it, and gets it into the water?"

That Tom King should sue whoever that joker is! I'm glad Marvel Tom King only wrote the one series.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They did meet, in the Holiday issue. Phone posting, so no panels from me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Are the New Mutants in NA? I dropped that series a while ago.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's true. I have my fiance reading through that series, and the only other Marvel she's ever been interested in has been Squirrel Girl.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The whole point of the Spencer Sam Wilson: Captain America has been to show how Sam is dealing with more extreme forms of what is going on IRL, with heroic duty.

Sam has the Fox news standins hounding his every action and saying he's not doing his job well enough. For example, he was trying to save the life of some ultra right-winger despite the fact that they both hate each other, because heroes save lives. Nazi Steve Rogers set Sam up to fail, and the guy gets killed. So now he's got people breathing down his neck some more and doubling down on the pressure to give up the shield. He is trying to prove them wrong by being as noble of a hero as he can, in the face of their racism.

Like, that's the entire plot of the book since issue one. Being heroic in the face of hate.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A part of me would love if she instead had a thing of those 1993 Marvel trading cards that I used to trade with all the other my classmates. I still have a binder of those, including that one lucky holographic Spider-Man vs Venom card.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

To be fair, that's because Wonderella's whole thing is being causal alcoholic Wonder Woman.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can someone post the last two pages of Great Lakes Avengers? That's about the hardest that I've heard the brakes slam on anything. (I would, but Marvel changed how they do the digital codes.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thanks! I really dislike that the comic is ending, but that's something of an amazing last page. Two panels of "huh".

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What the gently caress is that? "Check check"?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

This has gone over my head for the last 20+ years :psyduck:

Why don't you explain it to the rest of the forums, so we can make sure that you get it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't look it up, but that's exactly like Marvel's "What The...?!" comics. Down to the shirts changing writing every panel.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/What_The--%3F!_Vol_1

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

zoux posted:

I can't be the only person that notices the similarity between Horn Head and famous defense attorney Matt Murdoch.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nessus posted:

He is neither handsome, nor does he have pathos. Useless as a film character, save as a henchman.

Taskmaster had a four issue series a few years back that had him painted as a tragic figure that would be interesting to adapt. And a town full of Hitler clones that get punched up!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The best part is that in the main Thor book a while after there's a scene where Loki shifts into all his various forms.

Including Cat Thor.

https://twitter.com/unbeatablesg/status/936310513209958400

https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/936307472469544964

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

prefect posted:

I think it happened -- the whole reason Puck was short to begin with is because his body was being used as storage space for a demon.

Shouldn't he be bigger then, like Strong Guy?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Samuringa posted:

No context for this one, then? Alright. :colbert:

Pretty sure that's a nightmare. I haven't read that series in years though (I'm 3 issues away from owning the complete series, then I'm giving it a re-read).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

Sheesh, last time I saw Kubik was an older Avengers issue with Buscema / Palmer art, he looked like a metal version of Marvin the Martian.

It was a pretty weird issue with Steve Rogers as The Captain (the black suit/motorcycle phase) being called to help Dr. Druid's Avengers who were all beaten by the Super Adaptoid, who lured Kubik to Earth so he could copy his reality-altering powers.

Steve literally beats the most powerful being on Earth (at that time) using nothing but logic and exploiting Super-Adaptoid's stupid artificial ego.

It's also revealed that the Super-Adaptoid's powers were literally drawn from a sliver of the original Cosmic Cube, which Kubik removes and replaces back within himself after the fighting's over.

Is this the same Kubik who manifested during that whole Avengers Standoff thing (and then joined the Thunderbolts I think)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gwenpool did stuff like that, but nearly to that degree.