Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

Must be some drat big guinea pigs

Nah, just a lot at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Byzantine posted:

Pittsburg wasn't even hit directly in Fallout, it was just so polluted it didn't need to be.

"What a mess, something terrible must have happened here in The War."
[pretend I can do a Pennsylvania accent] "Nah we've always been this way. Lovely day isn't it?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'd better get it tattooed on myself immediately, then get it over to the translators!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica #1 (2002)

This isn't Claire's first rodeo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Lobok posted:

What kind of off-brand onomatopoeia is that? Where's the letter R?

"Hey man, you interested in some onomatopoeia? [opens one side of his coat] I got all the luxury names. I got Kunch, Krakoon, Snikd, Twip, and Banff."

How much for a Gronk?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kantesu posted:

I don't think I'll ever get over this comic depicting whiny noodle boy Steve Burnside as this big handsome hunk

I assume Steve is the artist.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The non-standard panel arrangements made these difficult to crop.

Sounds like the ConformotronTM might be just the product for you!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Worst. Enema. Ever.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah I've seen lots of one star reviews which are completely unhelpful. Usually just things like "doesn't work" or "I got the wrong thing", well the first is usually a skill issue and the second isn't a review of the product.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The British history curriculum very much has the opposite problem.

"I'm sorry, colonial-what? There's no time for that we have to talk about how bad it was that the Germans bombed us."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I do sorta wonder what British history classes are like. In America we gloss over a lot of poo poo, but there's a lot of focus on the Civil War, which means we have to acknowledge slavery (though I think I knew about slavery and the civil war well before I learned Washington and Jefferson were slave owners, and no one told me about Sally Hemmings until college), and the Trail of Tears being horrific.

Do they just skip straight from Battle of Hastings, Battle of Agincourt, then the Blitz?

In my US high school history classes I remember the main issue being that everything was presented as resolved. "Slavery was bad, then Lincoln got shot, then it was all over. Civil Rights oppression was bad, and then MLK got shot, and then racism was over. The Holocaust was terrible, but it happened way over there and afterward nobody was antisemitic again."

Trail of Tears was treated as a sad end to Native American oppression, and I grew up in the middle of a bunch of reservations. You could see that it wasn't over every day.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Clearly I already knew that, Kang, I just asked to see if you did."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SimonChris posted:

The Man of Steel #4 (1986)

Same vibe.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it was a fun first half of full metal jacket-esque story except he was a nice dude and gets a happy ending thanks to two bros .

From Avengers the Initiative 13.

I will always love a self-aware Jobber villain.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ditch posted:

Stan Lee?!

Yup, Stan Lee wrote a parody of soap opera comic strips. It's being posted over in the Comic Strips 2024 thread if you want to know more. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050878&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=174#post538965713

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Infinitum posted:

The torture is wanting a Coca-Cola and having to make do with off brand Cola-Cola

Is Pepsi okay?